Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NE Ohio Heroscape / Summoner Wars Tournament?

At least ManTrain and myself are interested. Summoner Wars is pretty fun and it can be difficult to get games in so getting the opportunity to do that would be great.

Just let us know a date and we'll see.

Grenade lobbyist
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Maybe have this more on the westside and invite truth (you could even ask him his availability before picking a date). If we have enough people who would be willing to buy Summoner Wars there, maybe he can bring a bunch in his trunk to sell plus have us playtest/preview some new stuff. Wishful thinking, but it could happen, as he is only a couple hours away.
I was going to PM truth anyway to let him know about this - even if he can't come I'm sure he'd be glad to hear about it.

I also need to get over to the SW forums and post this, but I didn't want to do it there until I knew it was going to happen. Here I just wanted to gauge interest, but it looks like we have enough for an event for sure.

If I organize it, I gotta do it in Warren though. Having it in the east works out for gamjuven and happyjosiah, who are in Pittsburgh, but I know it sucks for Mattser and ManTrain in Columbus.

If it happens and I host it, it will be January 8th in Warren. As soon as I find out (next week at the latest), I'll let you guys know.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

If I could crash somewhere on the way, I'd be willng to drive 400 miles for this.

Although with the date, the weather might be horrendous. Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; December 5th, 2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: google maps says 424 miles and 7 hours 32 min. to warren.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
If I could crash somewhere on the way, I'd be willng to drive 400 miles for this.

Although with the date, the weather might be horrendous. Hmm.
I'd say you could crash at my place, but that kinda defeats the purpose as you'd actually have to go a little past Warren to get to Hubbard, and I'd be up early Saturday to go setup.

I'm not sure how I-71 is in the winter, but I know I've driven to Columbus in the winter and it wasn't too bad. I can't speak at all though for western OH and Indiana.

I talked with the partner in my office today, and they haven't yet determined whether or not I'll be traveling, but they have determined that if I do, it won't be until February. That's good for this tournament, as I might now be able to have it even if I do have to go. My wife didn't want to "make a decision" yet, but I think I can persuade her. I thought I was set on playing Fallen Kingdom plus some Undead fun (Cyprien, Sonya, Death Knights x3, Dumutef x3 sounded fun), but now I've been reconsidering Elves. Since I'm currently thinking about those 2, I'll probably play Goblins.

Does anyone have some suggestions on a cool dungeon map, a cool swamp map, and a cool jungle map to use along with the 4 maps from my thread? Also, I'm not sure I really like Oldin's Hall, so a cool castle map would be good, too.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I get off work at 6, which is 7 Indiana or Ohio time. Even if I left straight from work, I'd be arriving in NE OH at 3 AM. That's not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Too bad it is tenative on the 8th. I am going to be in Ohio the week before. i think that happend last year around Thanks giving too. Missed by a couple of days. why can't you guys coordinate with my Ohio trip schedules.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM

After talking some more with my wife, I'm now about 85% sure that this tournament WILL HAPPEN. Therefore, I'm going about planning it like it will.

I'm going to link the 3 maps I know I want to use on the front page, and include more information. I'd like 4 more maps using the following sets, and will take any suggestions:

D&D + FotA x1 or 2
SotM + TJ x1 or 2
SotM (can add a TJ if you want)
RotV only

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:44 AM

I spoke with the owner of All American, and apparently he's going to be out of town on the 8th. That might not matter, as I can probably get in to setup on Friday evening, or just do it later on the day of the tournament - there won't be many maps to setup anyway. I'm waiting to hear from him if he's cool with us having it there without him, or if he wants me to look somewhere else.

I'm now up to 95% sure that the tournament is a go, so who's in? Who can bring Summoner Wars boards?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I was planning to bring my board to play on for my matches. I can't stand playing on the paper mats....
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Unless unforeseen circumstances I can come - I have two starter sets I can bring boards from plus cards fro people to borrow. Again, i need to get some more games in as only played one day and haven't even played all the factions.
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
I was planning to bring my board to play on for my matches. I can't stand playing on the paper mats....
What about Sarah and her cousin?

I'm not a big fan of them either. If we can get enough boards, we won't need to play on any. I should have one by then, and one paper mat.

We could just get enough mats, and let people carry around their premium boards unless we have enough. I don't really care since I'm used to playing on the mats - whatever as long as we have enough places to play.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have two premium boards I can bring

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events