Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 25th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Black Alice

The Book of Black Alice

C3G DC WAVE 23
AROUND THE WORLD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC 75th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Black Alice.

Character Bio - Lori Zechlin believed she was a normal teenager until the day her mother died. That night, Lori discovered that she had the ability to steal the powers of any magical user in the world, leaving them powerless in return. However, Lori had little control over these stolen abilities, and could not hold on to them for long. Still she used these newfound powers to track down and hurt the drug dealers who had sold to her mother. Lori, calling herself Black Alice, would perhaps have gone further, but she was stopped by the Birds of Prey, who turned her over to Doctor Fate. After a few adventures with the Shadowpact, Alice joined the Secret Six, saying she was in need of money.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: png
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:12 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Black Alice - Design Phase

NAME = BLACK ALICE
SECRET IDENTITY = LORI ZECHLIN

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = MOODY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

BORROWED POWERS
Start the game with a white, a green, and a red Power Theft Marker. After rolling for initiative, you may place one of your Power Theft Markers on this card and remove any other Power Theft Markers from this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, if there is a Power Theft Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, remove that marker from the game.

POWER OF SHAZAM
While the white Power Theft Marker is on this card, Black Alice has the Flying and Super Strength special powers and adds 2 to her Move, Attack, and Defense numbers. At the end of the round, remove one Wound Marker from this card.

POWER OF VENGEANCE
While the green Power Theft Marker is on this card, Black Alice adds 4 to her Attack number and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

POWER OF HELLFIRE
While the red Power Theft Marker is on this card, Black Alice adds 4 to her Range number and 2 to her Attack number. When attacking a non-adjacent figure with Black Alice, you may choose up to 2 figures adjacent to the defending figure to also be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Last edited by TrollBrute; April 19th, 2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

So here's what I have for Black Alice, but I'm not enamored with it. The problem is, her one power is the ability to temporarily steal the powers of other magic users, like a limited version of Rogue. It really doesn't have any limits, she's stolen more than one before, and she stole Alan Scott's while he was in space and she was on Earth. Here's a list from Wikipedia of the people she has stolen from:
  • Doctor Fate
  • Zatanna
  • A member of the Marvel Family
  • Spectre
  • Wonder Girl or Wonder Woman
  • Felix Faust
  • Misfit
  • Raven
  • Giganta
  • Alan Scott
  • Etrigan the Demon
  • Phantom Stranger
  • Blue Devil
  • Johnny Thunderbolt
  • Jeannette
  • Nightshade

Right now, she can steal from allies, but also makes a nasty counter to enemy Magical Defense users, which will make her tough to balance. Another issue is that many of the characters she has stolen powers from don't/won't have Magical Defense. I also have the same color marker as Rogue right now. Not sure how we feel about that. Thoughts?

Last edited by TrollBrute; March 18th, 2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Looks interesting to me.
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't see any way around "figures that don't have Magical Defense" issue. It's unfortunate, but that's as close as we can get without going into the nitty-gritty.

I think we can boost the power-level a bit, though, since she's so niche. I think removing the clear sight restriction is an obvious one - maybe even remove the "in play" restriction? To include off the battlefield/destroyed/otherwise MIA units. Not sure if that's possible in the rules.

It definitely feels like something's missing, I agree, but I think this is the best approach we can take.
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to change the name of the marker so there's no confusion with Rogue. I'd also like to suggest this:

MAGIC POWER THEFT
Start the game with 1 Black Power Theft Marker. Instead of taking a turn with Black Alice, you may choose a Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place your Power Theft Marker on the chosen figure’s Army Card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, if your Power Theft Marker is not on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place your Power Theft Marker back on this card and you may not choose that Unique Hero for Magic Power Theft for the rest of the game. When Black Alice is destroyed, remove your Power Theft Marker from the chosen figure's card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd like to change the name of the marker so there's no confusion with Rogue. I'd also like to suggest this:

MAGIC POWER THEFT
Start the game with 1 Black Power Theft Marker. Instead of taking a turn with Black Alice, you may choose a Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place your Power Theft Marker on the chosen figure’s Army Card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, if your Power Theft Marker is not on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place your Power Theft Marker back on this card and you may not choose that Unique Hero for Magic Power Theft for the rest of the game. When Black Alice is destroyed, remove your Power Theft Marker from the chosen figure's card.
I like the once-per-Hero-per-game idea. Not sure how I feel about opening it up to all Heroes. On one hand, she's only been able to steal magic-based characters' abilities. On the other hand, the writers seem to give "magic-based" a wide definition. One possibility would be making the roll high, but giving it a large boost if the chosen figure is a MD figure.

Old January 26th, 2015, 11:25 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A bonus of 6 to the roll sounds about right.

Quote:
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like quozl's suggestion, but with a boost when rolling against Magical Defense.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not a fan of opening her up to everyone. WAY too many theme breaks that way.
Old January 26th, 2015, 05:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yeah kind of seems weird for her to drain somebody that doesn't have powers.
Old January 26th, 2015, 06:05 PM

Dr. Doom has a zillion theme breaks too but it worked for him.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library