Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM

DocGlock is surprisingly tart
Re: C3G Strategy Article Discussion Thread

Sorry to back track, but no one brought up Chameleon's synergy with enchantress. He is a little bit harder to use since he only has range of one, but his ability to knock off all the order markers of his impersonated hero can completely wreck builds with strong bonding options.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Thats a really good point DG. Chameleon has a range of 5 though. Thats pretty cool. Could be devastating for those teams where most order markers are placed on one hero (Mutants, Fan 4 etc.)

As far as Shang-Chi goes, I have found a lot of mid-lower level heores more in the C or D range competitively. One thing my Scape group does to fix that is play games where you can only use figs worth 250pts and below. Sometimes we even do heroes 150 or below. It completely changes the game and we are able to see a lot of figs played which are not usually drafted.

Last edited by weebaer; May 10th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM

whoops sorry about that, guess Chameleon is even better than I originally thought lol. and just out of curiosity does anyone have a good Aquaman Build? I have used him with hydroman and namor before and you can pick up Superman to protect Aquaman and Aquaman can heal Superman, but I feel a strong ranged attacker will still wear them down eventually. I feel like Aquaman still has a lot of potential though as he is the strongest healer in the game as long as he is on a water space.
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Chameleon falls firmly into that second class of heroes I mentioned with Enchantress (Red Skull, MODOK, etc). I almost included him but I wasn't going for a complete list. We could certainly add him in.

I was considering doing a Doctor Light write-up at some point (love that dude) but I was leaning towards doing some of my other favorite cheerleader figures first. I'm leaning towards Beat Cops or Weather Wizard.
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Chameleon falls firmly into that second class of heroes I mentioned with Enchantress (Red Skull, MODOK, etc). I almost included him but I wasn't going for a complete list. We could certainly add him in.

I was considering doing a Doctor Light write-up at some point (love that dude) but I was leaning towards doing some of my other favorite cheerleader figures first. I'm leaning towards Beat Cops or Weather Wizard.
I started liking him after my brother's team using him demolished 4 other teams by putting him on an annoying perch with Deadshot. No one had the range to counter him except me, but he took down Captain Marvel with a combination of trickster and wasp.

Definitely a powerful unit, super annoying in the right circumstances.
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM

I'd be Intretested in seeing a beat cop write up since that is a unit I haven't played around with too much yet.

Last edited by DocGlock; May 10th, 2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling error, posted from phone
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Beat Cops are the best friend of a hero with low life. Only area attacks make this slightly less so, but even then the Beat Cops still have value.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

5th Prescinct Beat Cops:
  • If you are playing against common squads, then you will often want to use the Beat Cops as an agressive attacking force in their own right, as Clean Up the Street makes them a powerful counter to common squads. Otherwise, the Beat Cops are more useful for the Protect and Serve power.
  • Taking full advantage of Protect and Serve requires moving your high-value heroes and the Beat Cops together, often alternating Order Markers along the way. Moving a large number of Beat Cops along with your heroes across the map can take a long time and lead to inefficient turns where you are attacking with Beat Cops when you would rather be using your heroes. Therefore, more than 3 or 4 squads of Beat Cops is usually a waste unless you plan to fight from your start zone.
  • On the flip side, don't hesitate to play two or even one squad of Beat Cops in an army. You're just using them as mobile life points anyway, so being reduced to less than a full squad is not a big deal.
  • Combining Angel with Beat Cops is extremely powerful. If your opponent uses normal attacks, you can use Guardian Angel to either move the targeted figure next to a Beat Cop, or move another Beat Cop next to the targeted figure.
  • Opponents will generally look to kill the low-defense Beat Cops first. Therefore, using Superman (I) + Beat Cops against ranged normal attacks, or Bizarro + Beat Cops against melee normal attacks, is another tough combo. This forces your opponent to grind through the high defense of those figures while only killing a Beat Cop when they manage a wound.
  • The Achilles Heel of the Beat Cops are area attacks. In order to use Protect and Serve, Beat Cops must bunch up near your heroes, making them extremely vulnerable to dying in droves to these attacks. Figures like Storm or Radioactive Man should be your first target when playing with Beat Cops. Consider sending out a hero on a suicide mission to take out area attackers before they reach your Beat Cops.
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
5th Prescinct Beat Cops:
  • If you are playing against common squads, then you will often want to use the Beat Cops as an agressive attacking force in their own right, as Clean Up the Street makes them a powerful counter to common squads. Otherwise, the Beat Cops are more useful for the Protect and Serve power.
  • Taking full advantage of Protect and Serve requires moving your high-value heroes and the Beat Cops together, often alternating Order Markers along the way. Moving a large number of Beat Cops along with your heroes across the map can take a long time and lead to inefficient turns where you are attacking with Beat Cops when you would rather be using your heroes. Therefore, more than 3 or 4 squads of Beat Cops is usually a waste unless you plan to fight from your start zone.
  • On the flip side, don't hesitate to play two or even one squad of Beat Cops in an army. You're just using them as mobile life points anyway, so being reduced to less than a full squad is not a big deal.
  • Combining Angel with Beat Cops is extremely powerful. If your opponent uses normal attacks, you can use Guardian Angel to either move the targeted figure next to a Beat Cop, or move another Beat Cop next to the targeted figure.
  • Opponents will generally look to kill the low-defense Beat Cops first. Therefore, using Superman (I) + Beat Cops against ranged normal attacks, or Bizarro + Beat Cops against melee normal attacks, is another tough combo. This forces your opponent to grind through the high defense of those figures while only killing a Beat Cop when they manage a wound.
  • The Achilles Heel of the Beat Cops are area attacks. In order to use Protect and Serve, Beat Cops must bunch up near your heroes, making them extremely vulnerable to dying in droves to these attacks. Figures like Storm or Radioactive Man should be your first target when playing with Beat Cops. Consider sending out a hero on a suicide mission to take out area attackers before they reach your Beat Cops.
Looks great. Really my only suggestion would be to maybe include a list of offensive units that pair well with the Cops (Puppet Master, Green Arrow, etc.).

On another note, I should have Merlyn's up soon (and am looking at Martian Manhunter as possibly my next target).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM

Excellent point, V. I can actually make that point as part of a broader point:
  • Because moving the Beat Cops around once you have set up can be difficult, an opponent who outranges you can draw you away from the Beat Cops' protection. Therefore, an army using the Beat Cops should usually have at least one figure that can force your opponent to move to you - either a long range attack (Hawkeye, Green Arrow, etc) a long-range special power (Puppet Master), or an intangible figure with a ranged attack (Martian Manhunter, Meteorite, etc).
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd also mention that they're perfect partners for Green Lantern John Stewart and his Basket Carry, as they let him tow around extra lives, and counter the low life weakness most Green Lanterns have.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Excellent point, V. I can actually make that point as part of a broader point:
  • Because moving the Beat Cops around once you have set up can be difficult, an opponent who outranges you can draw you away from the Beat Cops' protection. Therefore, an army using the Beat Cops should usually have at least one figure that can force your opponent to move to you - either a long range attack (Hawkeye, Green Arrow, etc) a long-range special power (Puppet Master), or an intangible figure with a ranged attack (Martian Manhunter, Meteorite, etc).
Nice, exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd also mention that they're perfect partners for Green Lantern John Stewart and his Basket Carry, as they let him tow around extra lives, and counter the low life weakness most Green Lanterns have.
Yeah, they do pair well.

Also, here's a quick Merlyn write-up (not a whole lot to say, just short and simple):

Quote:
  • Despite having strong Assassin synergies, some of Merlyn’s best builds aren’t found there. Because of his high range (which allows him to stay near cheerleaders) and Deadly Shot (which benefits tremendously from attack boosts), Merlyn is one of the easiest heroes to boost.
  • Merlyn pairs well with units like Enchantress, Bane, and Captain America (both the official Marvel and C3G version) who can boost his attack, making his Deadly Shot even more deadly.
  • Height advantage is another natural boost to Deadly Shot, and Merlyn’s high range allows him to hold it; but his walking move of 5 makes it difficult for Merlyn to claim high ground. Consider partnering Merlyn with units like Angel, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl), or Green Lantern (John Stewart) who can carry him to high ground quickly.
  • Of course, putting too much of a focus on a single, 4 life/4 defense hero is risky, so consider drafting units like Jocasta, 5th Precinct Beat Cops, Alfred Pennyworth, and Bizarro to increase his survivability.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy