Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Iron Golem

The Book of Iron Golem
Warriors of Eberron – Collection D2 – "Golem & the Wyrmlings"

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (from theGuru's blog): The Iron Golem lumbers across the battlefield, taking out heroes like it’s his job. Try to throw special attacks at him, and he won't even flinch as he walks up to you and pounds you into the ground. At 3 life, he’s easy to take down, as long as you can get through his 6 defense….

Q: How do Uncommon Heroes work?
A:
See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section

Synergy Benefits Received
N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A
Terrain Benefits Received
MOLTEN LAVA and LAVA FIELD: Lava Resistant – Cannot take damage and does not have to stop movement.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

[/INDENT

Power Rankings

Jexik: Iron Golem- He's no Krug, but he's neat against Q9 and other special attacking heroes. B

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 5 (116/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA
(Thanks for the shot, Guru)

Last edited by superfrog; March 18th, 2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 18th, 2010, 09:55 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Iron Golem

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Wow this guy is good. He may well be one of the toughest figures to bring down.

Old July 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Despite his lack of obvious synergies, I still see these guys being heavily versatile. You can use them as back up for late-game (100 points that could easily make it to the end if comes to a score-to-score), and they are rock solid defensively, like a melee Q9 minus 1 defense, 1 life, a higher attack and 80 less points that could be spent on Kelda or more likely, Raelin.

Here's their obvious problem: 1 attack per turn means they can't hold up against squads, especially defense-nulling squads and instant wounding, so watch out, though Q9 isn't much of a threat... at all... so as a counter to Q9, just put him next to the big tank, and watch all the order markers go to waste (on Q9 that is). He'll have to run to shoot anything else and risk a 50/50 wound.

Thank goodness they're uncommon!

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:53 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I'm wondering right now why these guys are only 100 points. I'd take him over X17 any day. The only problem I can see at first glance is that he is still subject to cypriens touch.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:56 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

And the marro plague, and toxic skin and all those auto wound abilities. Hm...
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM

It's a good point, Shockma. Actually, though, it makes me think about how well all the new Vydar drafts hang together. Check it out:

Cyprien moves in and manages to engage an IG.

Next OM, the Warforged Soldiers grab Cyprien by the face and move him behind the ranks, immediately locking him down with the Gladiatrons' Cyberclaw.

Next OM, the Blastatrons start shooting.

EDIT: And Welcome to the site. Your first post was a double-post. You should do very well here.
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM

(thanks spite. I've spent almost a year lurking regularly, so I know how everything works for the most part) That idea makes me even more angry I don't have Gladiatrons, but three squads of Blastatrons! And, how would the Iron Golem work against Lolth's Wrath? If the defender may roll no defense dice, would the IG still get his two automatic shields? He's technically not rolling them.
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
how would the Iron Golem work against Lolth's Wrath? If the defender may roll no defense dice, would the IG still get his two automatic shields? He's technically not rolling them.
Lloth's wrath cannot affect the Iron Golem, since it is a large figure. However, Lloth's wrath does bypass the automatic shield of figures like Warforged Soldiers, Heirloom, or Hatamoto Taro.
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
how would the Iron Golem work against Lolth's Wrath? If the defender may roll no defense dice, would the IG still get his two automatic shields? He's technically not rolling them.
Lloth's wrath cannot affect the Iron Golem, since it is a large figure. However, Lloth's wrath does bypass the automatic shield of figures like Warforged Soldiers, Heirloom, or Hatamoto Taro.
Thanks for correcting me. Oops.
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:53 AM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

I was thinking of teaming him or whatever it is with Q10. Q10 takes care of the squads and supports Iron Golem with cover. Iron Golem moves up the map and takes out heros and whatever happens to be in his way.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM

Also could be a counter to the firestorm, and the Phantom Knights. Fen Hydras could be a problem though...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units