Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
has been BANNED

warmonger321 is surprisingly tart
Bonding

Ok, I feel like tearing my brothers head off right now so I'm really fudging annoyed. He has the Heavy Gruts and grimnak. He moved one heavy Grut and Realized "Oh I'm a stupid idiot who forgot to move grimnak with human champion bonding" so he moved his orc back to where it was and took a turn with grimnak using orc champian bonding. I keep telling him its againt the rules but he does it anyway. Is what he did Legal.

Feel free to type directly as if you were talking to him, maybe he'll understand it better.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Technically not legal. Playing with family? I'd allow it every time.

For whatever it may be worth, I allow my opponents this type of do-over in tournaments, much less friendly games.

~Aldin, mergerifficly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Bonding

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonger321 View Post
Ok, I feel like tearing my brothers head off right now so I'm really fudging annoyed. He has the Heavy Gruts and grimnak. He moved one heavy Grut and Realized "Oh I'm a stupid idiot who forgot to move grimnak with human champion bonding" so he moved his orc back to where it was and took a turn with grimnak using orc champian bonding. I keep telling him its againt the rules but he does it anyway. Is what he did Legal.

Feel free to type directly as if you were talking to him, maybe he'll understand it better.
We usually allow a 'go back' as long as the player hasn't completed the entire turn (e.g. move/attack witht he entire squad).
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In casual games, I do it myself even.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I suppose if he keeps forgetting I would get annoyed at slowing up the game, but I would allow it regardless. I, for one, would want to win with my opponent having all possible benefits of his draft choices at his disposal. But feel free to berate him for being a ninny if he keeps forgetting!

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
has been BANNED

warmonger321 is surprisingly tart

Alright, well my temper is subsiding knowing that people let it slide.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I think it depends. If your opponent forgets 1 or 2 times then let him. However, if he tries this 10 times then that is a different story
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonger321 View Post
Alright, well my temper is subsiding knowing that people let it slide.
Yeah, most of us are not like the people who go by Chess tournament rules that say, "once you touch a piece, you are committed to moving it," or anything quite that restrictive. You don't want to know about the Stinger Denial thread. Suffice it to say, showing good sportsmanship and fairness is what www.heroscapers.com is all about.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM

BigBadBruinsMac is surprisingly tart

I let my kids move their pieces back if they have not yet attacked with the squad. If they have already attacked, too late!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Personally, I allow "take-backs" as long as nothing else has happened in the game since the move that is being "taken-back". I'll let anyone do this (even in a tourney setting) because, if I win the game, I want it to be because I played the best game (or had the best dice) against my opponent's best, not because my opponent made a silly mistake that he realized immediately.

I've been on the wrong end of this, where my opponent has basically said "screw you and live with it". That's up to him, and I can't fault him for it, but I spent a lot of time being annoyed with myself over that dumb little move. I'd rather my opponent's not deal with that.

Heroscape is about fun, and I like to keep it that way.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruinsMac View Post
I let my kids move their pieces back if they have not yet attacked with the squad. If they have already attacked, too late!
That is what I do.

Edit: only I dont have kids.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

I say just after someone attacks once/ says at all the turn is over no going back.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's