Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 24th, 2009, 12:50 AM

Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Consistency and going beyond NM24

completely, if theres a thematic reason, thats one thing, but (to use an nm24 reference) hydras soldiers currently have zero terrorists (if your using only nm24 cards) to bond too.

My Customs(Mostly Marvelscape Common Squads)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22383

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, definitely something to keep in mind when designing sets is the idea of bonding and creating units that work together as teams.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

C3G RULES 2.0

1) For any decision to be finalized, concerning what iconic sets and or units will be created, a Proposition must be submitted In the C3G voting thread in this manner so it is not confused with simple chatter or normal discussion: I Propose (what it is you are Proposing).
Only C3G Hero members are allowed to make a formal proposition.

2) Each Proposition will have a maximum of 3 days to achieve a majority vote of Active C3G Hero Members. A Proposition will only be finalized with a Majority vote. A vote consists of a C3G Hero member posting yes or no in the C3G voting thread. All active C3G Hero and Sidekick members will have their name in the form of a link to their Heroscapers.com profile page on the first page of this updated C3G Discussion thread and the C3G voting thread.

3) If there is a split decision on a Proposition, then a private message will be sent to all C3G Sidekicks asking them to respond to the split decision. A C3G Sidekick will post in the open C3G voting thread their vote for the proposition, yes or no. The first C3G Sidekick to respond will have the deciding vote.
If a majority vote could not be achieved within the allowed 72 hour period (3 days), the Proposition will be canceled, and the Person responsible for the failed Proposition may not submit the same proposition for at least 3 days (this will prevent a member from pushing a Proposition through, and it will give the C3G members time to discuss the decision in the C3G Discussion Thread.

4) There are only 2 things that the Heroes must vote on before working on the Unit Card. (During this process, all members may discuss their ideas for characters and their powers as well)
1) The character or characters from a mainstream comic book line
2) The point in time of the character(s) career

5) Once the voting process for the Unit Cards have finished, one designated C3G Sidekick will give each C3G Hero a character(s) Unit Card to work on.
Below, is a list of all the requirements from a Hero that has been chosen to work on a Unit Card. That Hero must complete the Unit Card to the best of their abilities and then submit it in the form of a link on the C3G Discussion Thread. If a C3G Hero is unable to do the graphic art, then they should submit their design in the form of text to the C3G Discussion Thread or to a C3G Designer that will Design the card and submit it for them.
1) The art and figure that will be used as the character's profile
2) The color of the card template
3) The color of the panels behind the text
4) The title/name of the character(s)
5) The subtitle (Identities only) of the character(s), if any
6) The Species of the character(s)
7) The Uniqueness of the character(s)
8 )The Class of the character(s)
9) The Characteristic of the character(s)
10) The Size of the character(s)
11) The Height of the character(s)
12) The most appropriate Powers and Abilities for the character(s)
13) The Life value of the character(s)
14) The move value of the character(s)
15) The Range value of the character(s)
16) The Attack value of the character(s)
17) The Defense value of the character(s)
10) The Total Point value of the character(s)

6) When a fully designed Unit Card has been submitted, it is the job of the entire group (C3G Heroes and Sidekicks) to analyze the Unit Card in close detail
(including play testing) and then discuss any possible needs for changes. If a change is requested by either a C3G Hero or Sidekick, it is the Creator/Designer's job to make those corrections and post a link to the Unit Card with the corrections made. The Creator/Designer may choose to not make the requested change. If the Creator/Designer decides to not make the requested change, their decision can be overruled by a Majority vote from the C3G Heroes.

When the card has finished being edited and thoroughly Play Tested, a new Proposal to finalize the card may be submitted in the C3G Voting Thread. Once the proposition for the card has received a majority vote, the card becomes C3G approved.

7) No one will ever post a picture of their own or someones custom card in the C3G Discussion Thread or the C3G voting thread. If a member wishes to share or reference another card, they may do so by simply posting a link.

This process should be fun and structured, if at any time there is a rule that is hindering the process, the group may simply bypass the rule for the sake of progress only.

Last edited by Griffin; May 8th, 2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: The new rules that were voted on were in a different post.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Point of order! Point of order!
Nah, just kidding, but I started to feel like I was in session in congress for a second there. But in all seriousness, this level of structure is probably what we need. I would propose, though, that some of these steps in the process could be combined. For instance, if I want to propose that a Joker should be Medium 5, I don't want to have to submit a separate proposal for both the size and the height. Also, for the sake of expediency, I feel that a number on that list that doesn't require a decision about the previous item in order to make a decision on shouldn't have to wait on the decision on the previous item in order for the floor to be opened to proposals.
Hopefully we can also talk about some of these issues before any formal proposals and votes are made to get a feeling for what everyone wants to see on that item so that we don't get a bunch of competing proposals, or proposals with no support beyond their originators.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:25 AM

The two main things I'd like to get done on this in the next three days are to 1) Get a solid roll call on who is definitely committed to this project (a simple "I'm in" or "I'm out" will suffice) and 2) some discussion/critique on Griffin's proposed rules and approach and a vote on a finalized version of that proposal to see if we can adopt it as our Guild Process.

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

A list of goals for the C3G Hero and Sidekick members

1) To have a collection of mainstream Comic Book Custom Cards that are 100% compatible with each other and all of the official Heroscape License.

2) For each custom card to accurately reflect the character or characters on it's facing and to maintain a comic book style and thematic feel to it's design.

3) To have each Custom project be a collaborative effort from our C3G members while encouraging support, ideas, and effort from the entire Heroscapers.com community.

4) Maintain the position of at least 4 and no more than 8 core members who are enthusiastic, well respected, and active Heroscapers.com members

Last edited by Griffin; January 15th, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:31 AM

I left the disclosure at the bottom of section 5 and the bottom of the page to allow for some rule breaking and just all out group discussion.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:33 AM

I really feel like any more than 6 members and we will never get anything done.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:38 AM

Well I want to see over the course of that three day period what kind of interest we get and how serious the level of interest is, but I tend to agree that 4-6 is the ideal number.
I would like to go ahead and say, though that, as long as I can get some people with me, it's official. "I'm in."

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:41 AM

I'm in
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM

I'll check back tomorrow to see who else we accumulate.

Old April 24th, 2009, 03:36 AM

Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker

I am in, safe to say.

Personally, besides determining who is going to be involved, i think we should determine "the list" of candidates first. Once thats done, I think it may be a good early on strategy to start with the "Big Guys" of various categories, as a way of judging future figures. For example, right now when judging hard hitting melee customs, we judge them against The Hulk. So if we come up with a number of "roles" such as speed unit, support unit, mobile range, strong range, etc, and decide who could be considered the "best", it would be a valuable tool to keep future cards in that category consistent. Plus, it kinda starts the whole process with a bang.

I was also thinking we should have at least two levels of completeness for cards, along the lines of theoretical and practical. NM24 cards, for instance, are largely theoretical, often with little or no play testing before the thumbs up is given. So I am proposing at least two "COMIC GUILD" stamps, one to signify a card has met a set of standards similar to NM24(i.e. a general agreement that the wording is official and the cost has been discussed), and a second to signify it has gone through some playtesting and been found to be reliably well worded and costed in actual practice. I could see having more shades between the two, but you get the idea.

So, if we we're to follow my plan of action, the first two orders of business would be to define the list of nominees, and to define a list of "roles" to define each as.

By the way, its important to note i don't necessarily think this it the absolute right way of doing things, I'm just throwing view points out there. I'm a business major, and I may be letting my recent classes on management effect this post, but I feel its important for ideas to be put out to be discussed.

One final, drastic idea. I think 100 times more could be accomplished if this group we are creating actually got together in a real time, chat-room environment on occasion. Just think of what could be accomplished without the pauses of forum interaction, possibly one of the most inefficient forms of communication ever invented since cave painting. we could include copies of the chat in the forums here, for documentaiton sake at least, but we could create so many more quality cards in a real time discussion then in forums.

My Customs(Mostly Marvelscape Common Squads)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22383

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy