Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 18th, 2018, 07:16 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Spot (Vote for Initial Canceled)

Okay, here are power set I'm messing around with:
Quote:
SPOT PORTALS 5
Start the game with 5 Glyphs of Spot on this card. After taking a turn, you may place any or all Glyphs of Spot from this card onto empty spaces within 4 spaces of Spot power-side up. Before moving, you may choose any or all Glyphs of Spot within 4 spaces of Spot and either place them on this card, or place them within 4 spaces of Spot. You may not place Glyphs of Spot on this card if Spot has not taken any wound this round. There can never be more than 5 Glyphs of Spot on this card at a time.

SPOT SKIN DEFENSE
If Spot is attacked by a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, if there is at least one Glyph of Spot on this card or Spot occupies a Glyph of Spot, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Glyph of Spot on this card. If you roll 14-20, ignore that attack. If you roll 21 or higher, you may instead choose a figure within 1 space of Spot or a Glyph of Spot that is on the battlefield. The chosen figure may be the attacking figure. If the chosen figure is not the attacking figure, it must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of Spot. If the chosen figure is the attacking, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure.

SPOT CONTROL
Spot does not have to stop his movement after using a Glyph of Spot. Figures defending against Spot's normal attack, roll 1 fewer defense die for each Glyph of Spot that figure occupies or is within 1 space of.
I'm going to keep thinking on this one, as I'm not sure if it's quite right.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 20th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The d20 rolls are definitely a little more in check with that version. Something like that should be more manageable.
Old January 1st, 2019, 07:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Spot (On Hold)

Hope you come back to this one, ZJ! I'd really love to see Spot get back under way.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:32 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Decided to take another stab at this:
Quote:
SPOT PORTALS 5
Start the game with 5 Glyphs of Spot on this card. After taking a turn, you may place any or all Glyphs of Spot from this card onto empty spaces within 4 spaces of Spot power-side up. Before moving, you may choose any or all Glyphs of Spot within 4 spaces of Spot and either place them on this card, or place them within 4 spaces of Spot. You may not place Glyphs of Spot on this card if Spot has not taken any wound this round. There can never be more than 5 Glyphs of Spot on this card at a time.

SPOT SKIN DEFENSE
When defending against a normal attack, add 1 to Spot's defense for each Glyph of Spot on this card. If there is at least 1 Glyph of Spot on this card and Spot takes no damage from a normal attack, choose a figure within 1 space of Spot or a Glyph of Spot on the battlefield. Roll 1 unblockable die against the chosen figure.

SPOT CONTROL
Spot does not have to stop his movement after using a Glyph of Spot. Figures defending against Spot's normal attack, roll 1 fewer defense die for each Glyph of Spot that figure occupies or is within 1 space of. After dealing damage with Spot's normal attack, choose an empty space within 4 space of Spot. Place a Glyph of Spot on that space and you may attack with Spot's normal attack again. Spot may continue attacking with his normal attack until he fails to deal damage.

My SuperScape Maps
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:45 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I like that direction a lot, actually. If I'm understanding it correctly, you can rearrange the Spots every turn, but you are sacrificing defense for this ability and better yet, if an opponent sneaks in for a wound, you can't pull them back for defense. That will create interesting offensive versus defensive adaptability and decision making that I like in the game a lot.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:53 PM
C3G Super League MVP

yeah. Another thing I tried to hit on, is Spot's cockiness, with forcing you to place spots when he deals damage, which hopefully hits the feel that when he feels like he is winning, he just keep placing more spots to throw attacks but leaving himself open to attacks.

My SuperScape Maps
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:44 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Needs more Spot in the power names
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I love it. Very clear to understand on a first read through and I feel you've pretty accurately covered your stated theme
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks promising!

Quote:
SPOT PORTALS 5
The second sentence probably needs to repeat the "empty spaces" and "power-side up" text.

Is the bold really needed? It's a very text heavy power that would flow better without that, IMO. With so many other temptations to remove Spots from his card, or other powers even making him do so, is it terrible to leave off?

Quote:
SPOT SKIN DEFENSE
When defending against a normal attack, add 1 to Spot's defense for each Glyph of Spot on this card. If there is at least 1 Glyph of Spot on this card and Spot takes no damage from a normal attack, choose a figure within 1 space of Spot or a Glyph of Spot on the battlefield. Roll 1 unblockable die against the chosen figure.
I wonder if restricting the unblockable die to figures within 1 space of the glyphs (thus cutting the part about within 1 space of Spot) would help encourage you to place more glyphs? If I can just roll based on a figure being near him, that's not really tempting me to place glyphs in favor of keeping them for defense.

Quote:
SPOT CONTROL
Spot does not have to stop his movement after using a Glyph of Spot. Figures defending against Spot's normal attack , roll 1 fewer defense die for each Glyph of Spot that figure occupies or is within 1 space of. After inflicting any damage with Spot's normal attack, you must (?) choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Spot. Place a Glyph of Spot on that space and you may attack with Spot's normal attack again. Spot may continue attacking with his normal attack until he fails to inflict damage.
I'm pretty sure that if a figure is occupying a glyph, they're within 1 space of that glyph, so you can probably trim a tad there.

I think the movement part of this in the first sentence might fit better with the first power, where you already have movement effects.

Some suggested wording tweaks there. I'm assuming the one effect is a "must" rather than a "may" but I think spelling it out would be useful.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:33 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks promising!

Quote:
SPOT PORTALS 5
The second sentence probably needs to repeat the "empty spaces" and "power-side up" text.

Is the bold really needed? It's a very text heavy power that would flow better without that, IMO. With so many other temptations to remove Spots from his card, or other powers even making him do so, is it terrible to leave off?
Good catch, I'll update that.

Probably not, it was in there from older version and wasn't sure if I should drop it or not.

Quote:
Quote:
SPOT SKIN DEFENSE
I wonder if restricting the unblockable die to figures within 1 space of the glyphs (thus cutting the part about within 1 space of Spot) would help encourage you to place more glyphs? If I can just roll based on a figure being near him, that's not really tempting me to place glyphs in favor of keeping them for defense.
Mechanically and competitively speaking, yes I would totally cut it, but it is super thematic for him to have you punch yourself through a spot on him. If he were to come in too strong or play where he never placed spots, then I'll be open to changing it. Plus with spot placing for mobility and offense, there hopefully enough draw to place spots.

Quote:
Quote:
SPOT CONTROL
Spot does not have to stop his movement after using a Glyph of Spot. Figures defending against Spot's normal attack , roll 1 fewer defense die for each Glyph of Spot that figure occupies or is within 1 space of. After inflicting any damage with Spot's normal attack, you must (?) choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Spot. Place a Glyph of Spot on that space and you may attack with Spot's normal attack again. Spot may continue attacking with his normal attack until he fails to inflict damage.
I'm pretty sure that if a figure is occupying a glyph, they're within 1 space of that glyph, so you can probably trim a tad there.

I think the movement part of this in the first sentence might fit better with the first power, where you already have movement effects.

Some suggested wording tweaks there. I'm assuming the one effect is a "must" rather than a "may" but I think spelling it out would be useful.
Wasn't sure on that, and wanted the intent to be clear.

Spot Control used to be the short power. That text just needs to be on there, but doesn't matter in which power.

Spelling it out fine with me, was just cutting text where I could.

My SuperScape Maps
Old January 23rd, 2019, 06:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Good answers. Hopefully my thoughts help improve the flow and take out as much verbiage as they put in!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:48 PM
Symbiotic

Nice!

Agree with pretty much all of Bats' points. I'd leave everything in Spot Control as a 'may' rather than a 'must', though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library