Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: New Custom Soulborg: Trex's Custom Cards

@Dysole , yep, that is what I was going for on sentry gun. Does it do it justice thematically. Auto Targeting the first enemy and firing, but only once a turn. I hadn't referred to the omnicron sniper card yet, thanks, I just changed the second one to your wording, it sounds more official.
EDIT: I also changed the wording on Sentry Gun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 22nd, 2016, 06:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's card creations :2-22-16 AC Customs Idea

Its been awhile since I was able to get into making customs other than the work I do for the HOSS team and the occasional this and that over at HOF. I am revamping my customs thread, removing the old and making room for the new.
-Assassin's Creed Reference card added to the OP.
-Assassin's Creed Ezio Auditore added to OP.
Thanks for looking, and feel free to leave feedback.
-TREX

Last edited by TREX; February 22nd, 2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old March 1st, 2016, 01:29 AM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's card creations :2-29-16 LOTR Legolas

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old March 1st, 2016, 02:54 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

First off...GREAT card! I bought a Legolas custom a while back but have since rarely used him b/c during games he was way too over powered. I've been too lazy to go back and revamp the card myself, so once you've finished this card I'd love your permission to print it?

That aside, a couple things...

Elven Agility: Really like this. Very simple, and also makes up for his lower defense and lower life. I think this ability fits his character...I mean how many times do we see him evade attacks more than defending by sheer brute force? answer: not many :P

Keen Sight: I like how simple it is, and it fits his character. The only downside with this that I see is that on smaller 1v1 maps he could basically stay in the start zone and pick people off. I think his 6 range is appropriate...but maybe an additional 2 range rather than jumping up to 4...but in the same breath, part of me feels like the additional 4 still fits his skill to freakin wreck people from a distance...for example, I love the part in the Two Towers when he's sniping Wargs from across the hill, as they come to attack the people fleeing from Edoras!

Rapid Release Special: I think this is a great alternative to a normal attack, and I think you're almost there. Here are my suggestions.
1) Since it's a special attack and you're only ever allowed to roll one die, there's no need to say "if at least one skull is rolled..."
2) The last line is a little vague. Is the "first time"...only the FIRST time ever used in a game...or the FIRST time it's used in that turn? To simplify the last part and to make it a valuable alternative to using a normal attack (b/c you're only rolling 1 dice after all), I would allow blanks to ALWAYS be counted as skulls, but to keep it from being too overpowered, limit the attacks to different figures each time...that way, Legolas can - as Legolas does - go on a rampage and kill a bunch of weak squadies, but doesn't demolish a nearby hero. This would be my suggestion for rewording and simplifying for that special...

When attacking with Rapid Release Special attack, small and medium figures may not use defense dice. All blanks rolled count as skulls. If a skull is rolled, Legolas may attack again with Rapid Release Special attack but may not attack the same figure.

I think in this way he could also be a real threat in the thick of battle.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @adoney , First off, any card I make anyone is welcome to print out. That is why I post them up here. I'm on the same page on the range boost. I was thinking on dropping it a bit after I made it, so awesome. I like the suggestion on making it different figures but allowing it to use blanks as skulls always, that way he's not plugging arrows in one hero multiple times. I really like all your suggestions and will update the card. Feel free to test it and give me feedback.

EDIT: Updated, slightly tweaked wording, but I like it, what do you think.

Old March 1st, 2016, 02:07 PM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's card creations :3-01-16 LOTR Legolas and Gimli

revised

Old March 1st, 2016, 04:07 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Legolas looks great! That feels a lot better.

Now for Gimli...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 1st, 2016, 04:08 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
Legolas looks great! That feels a lot better.

Now for Gimli...
I just played a game with legolas and gimli on my zombie survival scenario I'm designing. Legolas just killed 11 zombies in one turn. 5 in which were blanks rolled. I'm going to allow up to one blank count as a skull per turn. He was getting in a lot of blank killing action. Thats 4/6 sides on the dice. Do you like the template design?

Old March 1st, 2016, 04:32 PM

Yeah...that's a good point. The wording being confusing was more what I worried about though with the blanks counted as skulls only once per turn. To keep the ability from being OP you could instead make it usable as is now (with blanks always counted as skulls) BUT make it only usable ONCE per round.

And I love the card template...
Also...I had just about finished my Gimli review and then I clicked a wrong button and page changed and lost it all...so my review is forthcoming but not for a bit since I'm too lazy right now to rewrite it all and need to let off some steam first :P

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 1st, 2016, 06:40 PM
"like" happy

revised

Old March 1st, 2016, 07:02 PM

Lightnin1 knows what's in an order marker Lightnin1 knows what's in an order marker

Gandalf is such a boss! I would be excited to play this card in my army. The custom template puts a nice finishing touch on the design as well.
Old March 1st, 2016, 07:32 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Cool; subscribed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards