Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 2/20 - Daredevi

All this martial arts talk inspired me to work a bit on a new Marvel custom, Shang Chi the Master of Kung Fu. I also wanted to refocus my efforts on less well known Marvel characters, because official Marvelscape ain't over 'till it's over. Anyway, here he is:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 2/26 - Shang Ch

I originally posted an early version of my Street Thugs custom squad in my DC customs thread, but my finalized version is now a Marvel squad, since I didn't want DC to hog all the custom squad action. Therefore, I figured I'd post it here for anyone who might be a hardcore Marvel Zombie and uninterested in DC customs. Here they are, the cannon fodder every good villain needs:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 20th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 4/18 - Street T

Wow, been a while since I posted a new Marvel custom. I got burned out on customizing for a bit, then when I got back into it I was focused on playtesting my DC customs, not to mention I got distracted with Pokemon-scape and Lord of the Rings-scape projects. Anyway, I figured I would dip my toes back in the Marvelscape waters with a custom of one of my favorite characters, Nightcrawler.

My version of Nightcrawler shares a lot of similarities with the other versions of him in the A-Z Supers Index; after all, he pretty much only has one power, so it's not like people were giving him Heat Vision or anything. However, I noticed that no one else decided to represent Kurt's common tactic of teleporting enemies with him, disorienting them with the teleportation's side effects. That kinda surprised me, since it seemed to me to be his main attack, much in the same way that Kitty Pryde always phases through robots to short circuit them. Of course, I'm not a huge X-Men reader, so what do I know?

Anyway, this version of Nightcrawler can act as a transporter for friendly figures - but with a risk - or as an annoyance figure like Spider-Man. Note that if an adjacent figure attacks Nightcrawler, if Kurt makes his Evasive Teleport roll he can take his attacker with him and make him pay for it.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 20th, 2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 6/20 - Nightcra

SD, I like this Nightcrawler a lot and it just may be my card of choice for the character. That's the highest compliment I can give.

If I can make one suggestion about wording. In Mutant teleportation, I suggest you say something about moving the other figure if there is an unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen space. Maybe I'm overthinking it but just trying to rule out confusion when there is no empty space to bring somebody with him.

EDIT: You know what, if CARRY doesn't specify that, I guess Teleport doesn't need to either. Ignore my post please.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 21st, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM

Don't worry Matt, I thought the same thing when wording the power but then looked more closely at Carry myself and saw that it was unnecessary to state that a carrier couldn't carry someone if there wasn't a spot to drop them off.

I had also originally intended that Nightcrawler only be able to teleport to empty spaces within a clear line of sight, but that brings up all sorts of questions as to whether or not figures can "see" spaces higher than them. Too bad, it would've added some flavor and given him more of a reason to walk every once in a while (around a ruin, for example).
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

Excellent, another elegantly simple and extremely playable custom of one of my favorite characters.

CORVUS
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
Excellent, another elegantly simple and extremely playable custom of one of my favorite characters.
Thanks - Nightcrawler's one of my favorite Marvel characters too, because I have a fondess for swashbucklers of all stripes.

Here's another character that I doubt official Marvelscape will ever get to making, the longtime partner of Captain America - Falcon!

I gave him Flanking Attack at a time when I was being inspired by D&D rules (Oh, who am I kidding? I stole 'em) and thought that it would be nice if Heroscape could have a mechanic that reflected two people ganging up on a third.

I initially considered giving him a Redwing (his pet falcon) attack much like Sonlen's Dragon Swoop, but for some reason the lack of a mini Redwing attached to the figure made me go a different direction. His Eyes in the Sky power is supposed to reflect his ability to see through the eyes of any bird on earth, not to mention his modus operandi of soaring above the battlefield and getting the lay of the land.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; December 27th, 2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Final version
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:33 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 6/22 - Falcon

FALCON
- I think you can reword the first two abilities.

FLANKING ATTACK 2
If Falcon attacks an opponent's figure that is adjacent to at least 1 other figure you control, Falcon may roll 2 additional attack dice.

EYES IN THE SKY
If Falson took a turn in the previous round, you may add 2 to your roll for intiative.

I just think they are both a bit crisper this way.

Old June 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 6/22 - Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
FALCON
- I think you can reword the first two abilities.

FLANKING ATTACK 2
If Falcon attacks an opponent's figure that is adjacent to at least 1 other figure you control, Falcon may roll 2 additional attack dice.

EYES IN THE SKY
If Falson took a turn in the previous round, you may add 2 to your roll for intiative.

I just think they are both a bit crisper this way.
Thanks for the advice, hi1 - the card's been updated.

Here's another one I've been sitting on a while, and since I've posted Nightcrawler I may as well give him an X-Man buddy (and another favorite of mine): Colossus!

Colossus was another early custom of mine. I'm planning on updating his Fastball Special wording so that it doesn't say that the space has to be within clear sight of Colossus, since that causes problems. Instead, I'll probably try to find a way to word it so that the thrown figure must be within clear sight of Colossus on the space it lands on.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 24th, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - updated 6/24 - Colossus

Colossus looks good and I like what you're throwing around as an idea for changes.
For Protector, I'm not loving the "the attack affects Colossus" style language. I'd propose something more like "Colossus becomes the target of the attack" or "Colossus rolls defense against the attack and takes any resulting wounds" instead.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Colossus looks good and I like what you're throwing around as an idea for changes.
I see what you did there.

Quote:
For Protector, I'm not loving the "the attack affects Colossus" style language. I'd propose something more like "Colossus becomes the target of the attack" or "Colossus rolls defense against the attack and takes any resulting wounds" instead.
Yeah, back when I designed him, Normalscape didn't have official wording that referred to "targeting" figures, so I didn't use it. But now that Wave 9 includes units that do so, I'll probably change the wording to something like, "When a friendly figure adjacent to Colossus is targeted for an attack, you may blah blah blah. If you roll a 13 or higher, the attack targets Colossus instead."

Also, you didn't bring this up, but the ability is supposed to allow Colossus to protect a buddy from an adjacent attack even if Colossus isn't adjacent to the attacker.
Old June 25th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I see what you did there.

Quote:
Yeah, back when I designed him, Normalscape didn't have official wording that referred to "targeting" figures, so I didn't use it. But now that Wave 9 includes units that do so, I'll probably change the wording to something like, "When a friendly figure adjacent to Colossus is targeted for an attack, you may blah blah blah. If you roll a 13 or higher, the attack targets Colossus instead."

Also, you didn't bring this up, but the ability is supposed to allow Colossus to protect a buddy from an adjacent attack even if Colossus isn't adjacent to the attacker.
There's another way to read it?
And the "targeting" language came about with the Nakita Agents. Weren't they like Wave 6 or 7?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations