Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 18th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Like I said, I think the Street Fighter characters are reasonable to look at as a comparison for a “heightened reality” prize fighter - there are definitely characters in that franchise with some sort of superhuman ability, but there are also dudes who are just regular boxers, etc.

I’d probably aim for 110-130 points for this design. We had a similar conversation recently about WWE wrestlers - you want the iconic characters to feel good and play like they have an impact on the game, but you also can’t stretch reality too much when you’re talking about a regular dude in trunks fighting Thanos. It’s a hard line to walk.

On another note, since he’s the People’s Champion, maybe he can have the Champion class? Being a Human Champion will really help him, for reasons everyone will see by the end of the year.
Old September 18th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fighting alongside Supes in his appearance makes a good argument for Champion.

I agree with Nobody on the power level to shoot for. Going the Distance is probably too powerful for that cost range, so I think it still makes sense as the one to cut.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 18th, 2021, 09:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd give up Float Like a Butterfly of those options, and just roll the movement into his Special Attack.

I also think keeping it at 6 dice is still fine, as he's not rolling all 6 at once, it's representing his quick hands. So his attack power is at most 3 there, but he can wear down his opponent with multiple jabs as he goes. Gives you the player some options, 6 attacks of 1, 3 attacks of 2, 2 attacks of 3, or various combinations. With each one that is all skulls, that figure subtracts 1 from its Defense. That feels very Boxer like without giving Ali some crazy raw power.

Quote:
MOVE LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1, 2, or 3.
Start the attack with 6 attack dice. You may attack with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until all 6 attack dice have been rolled. If a skull is rolled on every die, the defending figure rolls one fewer defense die for the remainder of this turn. After each attack, you may move Muhammad Ali up to 1 space. When moving with this Special Attack, Muhammad Ali never takes any leaving engagement attacks.

ROPE-A-DOPE
If Muhammad Ali defends against an adjacent normal attack and does not receive a wound, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

GO THE DISTANCE
Once per round, if Muhammad Ali would be destroyed by receiving wounds, he instead takes no damage.
Personally, I feel mid 100's as his ceiling, rather than 130, as we've already seen several plain humans that are exceptionally skilled in combat at that level. Street Fighter guys were shooting too low power wise, IMO, so I don't see them as an accurate gauge to run off of, additionally, Balrog(Street Fighter's Boxer), is 150. 130-150 makes sense here. I think the proposed direction(after your attack drop) can come in at 140-150, especially when you compare him to Daredevil II in terms of stats and potential.

And FWIW, I definitely would put one of, if not the greatest boxers of all time over WWE wrestlers in terms of skill and power. So while the wrestlers may make the most sense around 100, Ali could easily be 30-40 above that.
Old September 19th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see mid 100s for him (like 150ish). Going the Distance can definitely be a cost-driver, though. It's a really strong power on Daredevil (II).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Could always do something like Team-Up Thing and give him a once per game pseudo-GTD.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 02:53 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

NAME = The Darkness (Artifacts)
SECRET IDENTITY = Jackie Estacado

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Crimelord/Assassin?
PERSONALITY = Charismatic

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

ARTIFACT BEARER: DARKNESS
Start of the game with 6 shadow tiles. Before Order Markers are placed you may place up to 2 shadow tiles on empty spaces on the battlefield. They may not be placed in or adjacent to a Startzone.

UNLEASH THE DARKNESS
After attacking normally and doing a wound with the Darkness you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against all enemy figures on or within 1 space of shadow tile placed by The Darkness.

THE HOST MUST NOT DIE
After the Darkness has been destroyed place him on this card along with six Wound Markers. While The Darkness is on this card, when a figure you control inflicts one or more wounds, remove that many Wound Markers from this card. Once per game after the last Wound Marker has been removed from this card place The Darkness on any empty shadow space or in your Start Zone.

DARKNESS DEFENSE
When The Darkness defends against an adjacent attack, roll one additional die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. Reduce his defensive number by 2 if the attacking figure has Magical Defense or has the Artifact Bearer Special Power.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Figure used Indy Clix #046, #047, or #048 The Darkness.

My updated Darkness design. Designed him in a more faction based way to go along with some future designs I'm working on.

Last edited by Cinderquail; May 3rd, 2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool long overdue.
I like your take.
Not sure what points you are thinking but he is looking like maybe 300s.
Probably going to want to always run him with someone who can place or create shadow so that is a bit of a liability.

What Species wound Angelus be? Angel?
If so I would go with that.
As the power reads now, it cannot be tested until Angelus is created.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:14 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Just so you know I'm planning on running the Darkness. He was supposed to make the Indy wave but I ran out of time.

Though if you're a Darkness fan I'd be interested in a write-up for Angelus, since she kinda stumped me.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:19 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool long overdue.
I like your take.
Not sure what points you are thinking but he is looking like maybe 300s.
Probably going to want to always run him with someone who can place or create shadow so that is a bit of a liability.

What Species wound Angelus be? Angel?
If so I would go with that.
As the power reads now, it cannot be tested until Angelus is created.
Was thinking of having the darkling as a unique squad that could create shadow at the start of the game to help Jackie. As for the Angelus maybe Entity or Angel.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just so you know I'm planning on running the Darkness. He was supposed to make the Indy wave but I ran out of time.

Though if you're a Darkness fan I'd be interested in a write-up for Angelus, since she kinda stumped me.
I could definitely help you out with the Angelus. I have the start of some ideas for her. As for The Darkness I love to see what you where thinking in terms of abilities as well, I feel like The Darkness and Angelus need to some what similar in power level.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

I could definitely help you out with the Angelus. I have the start of some ideas for her. As for The Darkness I love to see what you where thinking in terms of abilities as well, I feel like The Darkness and Angelus need to some what similar in power level.
I'd have to dig up my writeup to see the exacts, but the only reason I haven't done him yet is because I haven't had the time to paint my Darklings, who I personally think are necessary for the character. Agreed that him and Angelus should be on-par cost wise, but that's easy enough to get close to with stats. Power-wise I couldn't think of anything since the only notable thing she really did in the stuff that I read was make an angel clone, which isn't terribly exciting in a skirmish game.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:54 PM

I'll post my idea for the Angelus once I get them written up. As for darklings I intended on just using the goblin cutter figures for them. But for sure send me a copy of your darkness/darkling cards when you have a chance I'd really love to see your take on him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy