Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 30th, 2020, 03:08 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Sauron

The Book of Sauron

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 24
AIN'T EASY BEING GREEN

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Xplosion set.
Its model number and name are #091 / Sauron.

Character Bio - While on an expedition to Tierra Del Fuego, a young Karl Lykos was attacked and bitten by mutant pterosaurs while attempting to rescue Tanya Andersson, his childhood love. Afterwards, Karl quickly realized he had acquired the ability to siphon energy from other living things and needed to do so to survive. Eventually becoming a hypnotherapist, Dr. Lykos had successfully crafted a device to drain patients' energy in order to satiate his vampiric tendencies. It was on the fateful day that one of Professor Charles Xavier’s students/X-Men had been sent to recover with the aid of Dr. Lykos’s treatments that Karl had been overwhelmed by the mutant’s power and transformed into the evil and villainous Sauron. After battling the X-Men, Karl had returned to human form and fraught with guilt he leaped over a cliff in the very place he was bitten as a child. Lykos had survived the fall and found himself in the Savage Land, where he then allied with Ka-Zar. Lykos again encountered the X-Men and transformed into Sauron while assisting Ka-Zar and the X-Men against Magneto and his Savage Land Mutates. Later on, Sauron was sought out by Tanya with the help of Angel and Spider-Man. Sauron was now leading the Mutates against Za-Zar in an attempt to conquer the Savage Land, but the were-pterosaur was defeated. Karl was cured of his condition by Professor X after returning home with Tanya and the two married and built a life together. The future did not remain bright, however, and after a time Sauron re-emerged, as powerful and chaotic as ever.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • A Hypnotized Unique Hero adds 4 to Sauron's roll for Hypnotic Gaze and Sauron may take a turn with that Hero if that roll is successful. Current Hypnotized Unique Heroes.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: IAmBatman
  • Second playtest: fret_gurglo
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Fourth playtest: tcglkn
  • Extra playtest: tcglkn (with class of Creature)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by tcglkn
  • Sauron was created by Roy Thomas and Neal Adams for X-Men #59 (August 1969).
  • Comic art by Greg & Tim Hildebrandt.

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: credits
Old June 30th, 2020, 03:08 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book Of Sauron (Breathing)

NAME = SAURON
SECRET IDENTITY = KARL LYKOS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 320

CLAW CARRY
After moving and before attacking with Sauron, you may choose a small or medium figure Sauron passed over this turn. Place the chosen figure adjacent to Sauron, and you may roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. When the chosen figure is moved by Claw Carry, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

LIFE FORCE HUNGER
If Sauron inflicts any wounds on an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object with a normal attack, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card and, one time per round, if the defending figure was a Unique Hero that is not Human, add one die to Sauron's attack and defense for the remainder of the round.

HYPNOTIC GAZE
After taking a turn with Sauron, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to your roll if that Hero has the Hypnotized personality. If you roll 13 or higher, that Hero gains the Hypnotized personality for the remainder of the round. Take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of that Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Hypnotic Gaze. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

The original design; looking back.

Last edited by Splash; July 11th, 2022 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Perspective
Old June 30th, 2020, 03:09 PM

@tcglkn

Comic Art - TBD
Spoiler Alert!

Figure pics - TBD

Spoiler Alert!

Background - TBD
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; July 7th, 2020 at 02:31 AM.
Old June 30th, 2020, 04:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Everything looks good. I assume the last line of Life Force is because he needs to constantly feed? Maybe call the power Life Force Hunger to better convey the theme.
Old June 30th, 2020, 04:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I also like Life Force Hunger there.

Just asking, but does the Hypnotize power need to be instead of attacking with a 50/50 roll? Was thinking it might work equally as well as an after moving, before attacking power with a higher number. I thought we made a hypnotize spell/personality to make taking control powers easier too, does anything about the hypnotize personality need to be added in here either way?
Old June 30th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Baron Mordo has a Hypnosis power that keys in on the Hypnotized personality, and I know LO wanted future Hypnosis units to work with that system as well.
Old June 30th, 2020, 06:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

All figures adjacent to Sauron have the Hypnotized personality?
Or maybe if one figure is engaged with Sauron.
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Everything looks good. I assume the last line of Life Force is because he needs to constantly feed? Maybe call the power Life Force Hunger to better convey the theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Baron Mordo has a Hypnosis power that keys in on the Hypnotized personality, and I know LO wanted future Hypnosis units to work with that system as well.
You all covered my questions/suggestions!

I was going to suggest Life Force Hunger and following Mordo’s precedent.

Also, thematically, is he really only Medium, not Large?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 1st, 2020, 01:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For personality, I'd go with Ferocious or something on those lines. A lot of his more iconic appearances are pretty "I really like being a dinosaur and committing crimes," so at some point he stops being conflicted.

Life-Force Absorption as a name sounds a little generic to me since it does call out Mutants specifically. I'd honestly recommend leaning into the goofiness a bit here - like, Pterodactylous Vampirism or something. I doubt it'd be reused either way.

And yeah I'd agree with putting Hypnotized in there, just as a hat to hang things on. It's a minor mechanic but we've been pretty consistent with it.
Old July 1st, 2020, 01:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, it can be as simple as making it much easier to do against figures with the Hypnotized personality.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 1st, 2020, 02:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, it can be as simple as making it much easier to do against figures with the Hypnotized personality.

That's what I was thinking. A bonus to the roll.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:24 AM

Quote:
LIFE FORCE HUNGER
After attacking an adjacent figure that is not an Android, destructible object or Undead, if the defending figure received one or more wounds, you must remove 1 Wound Marker from this card for each wound the defending figure received. If the defending figure is a mutant, Sauron may roll up to one extra attack and defense die for the remainder of the round. At the end of each round, place one 1 Wound Marker on this Army Card.
LIFE FORCE SATIATION could be another menacing title for it, but HUNGER probably gets the meaning across best.
With the current wording, I just realized it is unclear if Sauron is able to get the die bonus once or multiples times per round. I had originally meant it as a once per round. Ideas on stacking and wording? Also it just says defending figure, does this ignore if the attack was successful or not?

edit: Oh, it says "up to" I missed over that earlier, I think that covers it.

Quote:
HYPNOTIC STARE/GAZE?
After moving, instead of attacking, you may choose any figure adjacent to Sauron. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take control of that figure and immediately take a turn with the chosen figure. If the targeted figure has the Hypnotized personality, (you may add 4 to the roll / if you roll a 9 or higher, take control of that figure and immediately take a turn with the chosen figure (wording?)). At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before Hypnosis. All Order Markers that were on the chosen figure’s card will stay on the card.
I'd be open to it being in addition to attacking with it being harder to roll if that's what you guys think works best, but I like it more working hand in hand with Claw Carry. Doing the unblockable attack, normal attack, and taking a turn with another figure feels like a lot in one turn and I feel like he'd only have the opportunity to do one or the other. Also Sauron is usually successful with the Hypnosis so making it harder wouldn't be as thematic.
Should I tack (and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized for the remainder of the round) on at the very end? I'm thinking no, as people generally shake off the effects pretty quick after turning on their teammates, but it's an option.
Also I thought a more specific title would be better what with Baron Mordo and all, thoughts?

Quote:
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
Sure thing.

Quote:
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6
7' tall and 200lbs, wingspan similar to Angel. I think size should stay Medium.

I think I addressed everything. Let me know what y'all are thinking. I'll be pretty busy tomorrow, a big storm knocked over a tree in the yard, but I'll probably catch up later in the night after work.

Last edited by Splash; July 3rd, 2020 at 12:33 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library