Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Omnicron has disabled reputation
Major X17

I just got him today, and I think he's a pretty great unit. He works great holding down units to allow either range or melee to pound on them, and Melee defense 4 makes sure he isn't hit too hard while doing it. The only thing I'd change is give him 1 more attack- 4 seems a little low for a gladiator.
Thoughts?

I'm a complete newbie at HS, so if I make mistakes, DON'T HURT ME! ;.;
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
2 weaknesses prevent him from being picked alot more often:

-His defense 4 does not activate vs ranged attacks

-Special attacks bypass his defense 4
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
He's also not a gladiator, he is a gladiatron.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:47 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Actually he's a major...
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you can get him into hand-to-hand, he could be a tough SOB to take out. Awesome sculpt too.
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:47 AM

Omnicron has disabled reputation
Whoops, sorry, Gladiatron. I realize he's weak to range but I often cyberclaw figs that block enemy LOS. Works great for me.

I'm a complete newbie at HS, so if I make mistakes, DON'T HURT ME! ;.;
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
I've seen X17 single handedly lock down an opponents entire army for 2-3 rounds. He is a bear to kill in hand to hand, and off course the opponent can't leave until he is finished off.
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
X-17 is pretty cool. I've fielded him once or twice when I was going up against some large figs. I knew would cause me some trouble. I think one time I fielded him against a grut army. That was a pretty smart move I found out when facing Tornak and a bunch of Swogs.

All in all, the main problem I have with him is the same I have with most of my melee units. He's just too easy to pick off before he reaches a good target to lock down. I think I need to refortify my map building skills.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A fun tactic I've used in the past was to combine X-17 and Theracus. For 140 points you got a Flying Cyberclaw Drop with a range of 9 (7 spaces for Theracus, 1 space for X-17, 1 space for enemy that is now engaged).

The Major gets a free ride (ignoring terrain), to the most pesky units and can lock them down or battle it out (with staying power). Ideal for mid to late game.

Recent Games Played:
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Theracus, (similarly to Brunak), can only carry small / medium figures!!!

EDIT: I'm not wrong about that,....
but I was wrong assuming X-17 was large,....

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
A fun tactic I've used in the past was to combine X-17 and Theracus. For 140 points you got a Flying Cyberclaw Drop with a range of 9 (7 spaces for Theracus, 1 space for X-17, 1 space for enemy that is now engaged).

The Major gets a free ride (ignoring terrain), to the most pesky units and can lock them down or battle it out (with staying power). Ideal for mid to late game.
wow.. that is a pretty nice idea actually... what a surprise that would be to suddenly have half your army locked down by the Major. I'll have to give that a go sometime soon!
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM

The many uses of Theracus will never get old. I think what I'll do is compose a list, (I actually already have on a spreadsheet), of all the figs. that Theracus can carry and think about some possible game tactics.
I think I'll compose an army with so much synergy, Theracus, and Brunak, to the point where my entire army can advance per round!
May not be smart, but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Where to begin?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units