Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old April 6th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Super sweet.
Love the moa head from Easter Island. I have a few of those.
Old April 6th, 2019, 12:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That looks great @Hahma . I have to stop looking at all your cool stuff because I have to buy it afterwards. I just finished assembling my legion core box and am glueing them to their bases. Im going to prime my stormtroopers in white and my rebels in tan. Its prime season for priming now as it just started hitting the 60s this week. Im super stoked for this because I already have a mountain of terrain to use.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 7th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Even just primed, Krennic and the Deathtroopers look badass.

It's been kind of a slow hobby week, as last Saturday (the 30th) I went to Adepticon and didn't do much Sunday. I finally put up my Halo Ground Command collection up for sale on the Halo marketplace on FB. I was just going to sell it all for $385 including shipping to anywhere in continental U.S., but people kept messaging me asking for various parts of the whole thing. So I decided to do that, but the prices for individual things was a bit higher than they would have been as part of the whole collection. The core set was sold whole, but various expansions were individualized. Each of the Scorpion tanks went to different people ,(one of which I mailed to California, which is then going to be shipped from a friend of the buyer's, to his home country of Thailand). The Warthog expansion, the Wraiths, the Jackals, etc. So far, I have mailed 7 packages and the only thing I have left is the Covenant Storm Ghost expansion, which is 6 ghost vehicles piloted by Elites instead of the Grunts from the Scout Ghosts in the base set.

Anyway, that kept me busy all week, negotiating, wrapping and going to the post office after work. But, I ended up getting $469, but about $60 of that is shipping costs. So I'll net about $400. More work, but more money.

I had already used some money from sold games to order the Krennic and 2 units of Deathtroopers for Legion and the Super Mutan, Brotherhood of Steel and Survivor core sets for Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I just picked those up from my buddy Brian's house yesterday and worked on the Star Wars stuff last night and this morning, and have washed the Super Mutant core set models and assembled 3 of the 5 Super Mutants, and have the Brute and Master to assemble yet, as well as 2 more Mutant Hounds to add to the 2 from the base set of the game.

Since I have some extra hobby money, I ordered the Occupier Tank for the Imperials and the Landspeeder for the Rebels for Legion. They each come with a couple pilot cards that will not only help those vehicles, but the Imperial ones will help the AT-ST and the Rebel ones will help the T-47 Airspeeder.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2019, 05:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Even just primed, Krennic and the Deathtroopers look badass.

It's been kind of a slow hobby week, as last Saturday (the 30th) I went to Adepticon and didn't do much Sunday. I finally put up my Halo Ground Command collection up for sale on the Halo marketplace on FB. I was just going to sell it all for $385 including shipping to anywhere in continental U.S., but people kept messaging me asking for various parts of the whole thing. So I decided to do that, but the prices for individual things was a bit higher than they would have been as part of the whole collection. The core set was sold whole, but various expansions were individualized. Each of the Scorpion tanks went to different people ,(one of which I mailed to California, which is then going to be shipped from a friend of the buyer's, to his home country of Thailand). The Warthog expansion, the Wraiths, the Jackals, etc. So far, I have mailed 7 packages and the only thing I have left is the Covenant Storm Ghost expansion, which is 6 ghost vehicles piloted by Elites instead of the Grunts from the Scout Ghosts in the base set.

Anyway, that kept me busy all week, negotiating, wrapping and going to the post office after work. But, I ended up getting $469, but about $60 of that is shipping costs. So I'll net about $400. More work, but more money.

I had already used some money from sold games to order the Krennic and 2 units of Deathtroopers for Legion and the Super Mutan, Brotherhood of Steel and Survivor core sets for Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I just picked those up from my buddy Brian's house yesterday and worked on the Star Wars stuff last night and this morning, and have washed the Super Mutant core set models and assembled 3 of the 5 Super Mutants, and have the Brute and Master to assemble yet, as well as 2 more Mutant Hounds to add to the 2 from the base set of the game.

Since I have some extra hobby money, I ordered the Occupier Tank for the Imperials and the Landspeeder for the Rebels for Legion. They each come with a couple pilot cards that will not only help those vehicles, but the Imperial ones will help the AT-ST and the Rebel ones will help the T-47 Airspeeder.
Those are going to be great. My primed core box set is ready for paint as well. Its going to be much easier to do the new stormtroopers from all the practice I got on my other sets. I'm thinking of doing them up just white. Not sure if I want to do the second set up with the red and white as shock troopers. Not too sure about how I'm going to do the paint variants, if I want them to be all white with just a color base variant, or if I want them to have a completely different look per squad. I'm also on the fence about buying a second core set or if I just want to go for more unit types. I really want those death troopers. I found some cool legion unit bases on thingiverse that I printed out for any additional proxy units. I took a break from the star wars minis to finish up my giant tree house thing. I was going to go straight wookiee tree village with it, but ended up slapping an aquilla logo on it with some vinyl. I'll post pics soon on them all. Also finished up replenishing a ton more wizard furniture for a giant wizard arcanium. What is super cool is that Star Wars covers so many worlds that you can totally play legion on whatever terrain I build. Just from how scary many tokens are in the fallout wasteland warefare set I bought, I"m probably going to hold off on that one and concentrate on legion. I'm working to get all my big unfinished terrain pieces done. I'm knocking them out pretty quickly.

Old April 7th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

As for what units you may want, keep in mind that there is a minimum of 3 core units, like Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Rebel Troopers and Fleet Troopers. And you can have a max of 6 of those.

The Death Troopers, Imperial Guards, Imperial Scouts, Wookies, Rebel Commandos and Rebel Pathfinders are elite units and you are limited on how many.

Just check the rules reference to help you figure what you want.

Old April 7th, 2019, 08:56 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
As for what units you may want, keep in mind that there is a minimum of 3 core units, like Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Rebel Troopers and Fleet Troopers. And you can have a max of 6 of those.

The Death Troopers, Imperial Guards, Imperial Scouts, Wookies, Rebel Commandos and Rebel Pathfinders are elite units and you are limited on how many.

Just check the rules reference to help you figure what you want.
So what you are saying is that the core box doesnt really come with enough figures to play a standard army right? But you can still play a starter game with it for beginners. I think I may get one more core box. I love stormtroopers. I am finishing up my 3rd big terrain piece today. After I finish up these big set pieces Im going to get back to painting miniatures.

Old April 7th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

You can play a learning game with one core, but you won't have enough for an 800 point standard point game. You could buy extra trooper expansions, but a 2nd core os the better value. Plus you get a 2nd set of dice and measuring tools, which is huge. Not to mention having 2nd set of speeder bikes and AT-RT'S.

Then you can add more as you feel like it and choose expansions that strike your fancy.

Old April 8th, 2019, 12:16 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
You can play a learning game with one core, but you won't have enough for an 800 point standard point game. You could buy extra trooper expansions, but a 2nd core os the better value. Plus you get a 2nd set of dice and measuring tools, which is huge. Not to mention having 2nd set of speeder bikes and AT-RT'S.

Then you can add more as you feel like it and choose expansions that strike your fancy.
So yeah. I just bought a second core set. 2 sets of death troopers, krennic, the emperor, boba fett, 2 sets of rebel fleet troopers, han, chewie, and leia.
Im in for some more painting it seems. My trigger finger doesn't itch anymore. Lets see if my wife kills me. I tried to get an even amount of boosters so we can play whatever.

Old April 8th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

So yeah. I just bought a second core set. 2 sets of death troopers, krennic, the emperor, boba fett, 2 sets of rebel fleet troopers, han, chewie, and leia.
Im in for some more painting it seems. My trigger finger doesn't itch anymore. Lets see if my wife kills me. I tried to get an even amount of boosters so we can play whatever.
That will keep you busy for a while

Old April 8th, 2019, 12:26 PM
"like" happy

Well. They just announced shore troopers and dewback rider. I might have to get the shore troopers. Heck Ill probably end up getting at least 1 of everything. That makes me think twice about getting the clone wars one for a minute though. I may have to at a later time. Now that I have them coming Id best get to painting them.

Old April 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM
"like" happy

Very exciting stuff. The models are beautiful. Im very excited to be able to use all my terrain with a star wars game.

Old April 8th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

I'll likely get 2 units of Shore Troopers and 2 Dewbacks. That will line up with the 2 units of Rebel Veterans and 2 pairs of Tauntons I am getting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures