Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tomb

Well, since I'm really pupmped about this game I thought I get the thread started. I played it at R˙chean's and although it seemed like some things were overpowered, as the game progressed it kept smoothing itself out. I do wish it had come with minis though.

The Geek
Amazon

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Last edited by Sweetcurse; September 30th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tomb

I'm interested too! I don't mind the cardboard standups, but think they're a bit too big. Their large size is probably due to the info and stats on the back?

Otherwise, I'm really keen to play this game. The box art is real nice too.
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

I enjoy this game a lot.
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I played it at R˙chean's and although it seemed like some things were overpowered, as the game progressed it kept smoothing itself out.
I played it over at Ry's house as well....3-4 times over a couple days! I think it is a great game and I bought it as soon as I got home.

It isn't perfect, but I highly recommend it. It is kind of like that old TSR game Dungeon, but on steroids! If you liked that game, you'll definitely like this game.
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not sold. I've only played once, but the "Itemization" of the characters ended up working against me for some reason. I felt like my characters were a disposable resource, and were essentially just a different kind of item. there was never an instance in which I was worried about my characters, or felt like they were anything more than grist for the mill.

Also, Rodriquez worked out some totally broken combo about halfway through the session and mopped the Tomb with me. Jerk.

Old September 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it's more about the party than the characters. I also had an ubber character...but she got assassinated not long after my adversaries realized her prowess.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I think it's more about the party than the characters. I also had an ubber character...but she got assassinated not long after my adversaries realized her prowess.
Same thing happened every time I got an Uber character. I think part of the game is convincing your adversaries that someone else is winning so that they target other people and not you. I spent most of one of our games convincing everyone else that Ry was winning only to pull it out in the end.
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

Wait until you pull the Gargolyle from one of your crypts and end up with 11 + monsters total in one crypt due to other card powers and the Gargoyle. Freaking insane!!!! This happened to me a few nights ago. It was fun as hell though. The room with the gargoyle managed to do a complete party wipe 3 times before we could clear the room. it was fun even though two of the party wipes were me. We laughed alot so it was all good....I guess.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Was a decent online price for Tomb? Any sales currently?
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Was a decent online price for Tomb? Any sales currently?
Looks like it is going for around $40 most places.
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'm not sold. I've only played once, but the "Itemization" of the characters ended up working against me for some reason. I felt like my characters were a disposable resource, and were essentially just a different kind of item. there was never an instance in which I was worried about my characters, or felt like they were anything more than grist for the mill.

Also, Rodriquez worked out some totally broken combo about halfway through the session and mopped the Tomb with me. Jerk.
Part of that, CL, may be that we played the encounters in the tombs incorrectly. Instead of divvying (sp?) up the damage one takes from the monsters encountered amongst all party members, we were supposed to pick one party member, and they took the blunt of the entire attack. You could sacrifice a really weak character in hopes of drawing someone better from the bag when the first character died. Some of the abilities the characters have make much more sense that way.

I suspect if we had done that correctly (my fault, sorry ) in the first place, the game would've played a little differently. We could have broken Rod's crazy combo then.

Also, having played the game a third time since you first spoke about the character "itemization", I had that itemization firmly in my mind as I played. Surprisingly, the third game I played was also the funnest. Knowing ahead of time that yes, I would like the strongest party possible, and yes, I don't want these guys to die, but that it would happen, made it more fun. The key became not about losing the characters so much as trying not to lose them at the most inopportune time to my opponent so that he could loot the remaining tomb with 5 cards in it.

It became a much more strategic game and the flavor returned from the lackluster play previously. I would suggest that maybe knowing all this ahead of time, we should give it a try again sometime. Perhaps with more than just 3 (or even 2, thanks to me) people this time. It is more fun than I gave it credit for.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 3rd, 2008, 06:44 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

I really liked the 1 game I played. I'm trying to sell off some other stuff so I can buy the game.

2 Thoughts:
1. I think the crpyt card placement could be more systematic, as in: the 1st two cards played in a 4 or 5 card crypt must be traps or monsters.
2. A 4 character limit to a party. Even with 4, a party easily defeats most crypts just by sacrificing 1 character as needed, ganging up on the tough monster, and then cleaning up the rest. The only exception is a really tough trap.

Again, I only played once, but I think the crypts are too easy when you have a large party and no guarantee that there will be at least 2 tough monsters and/or traps. It may be that more players offset the likelihood of anyone camping in the inn for 5 turns to build an uber team.

In my case there were 3 players, and I went out early to grab some easy crypts. The guy who stayed in the inn the longest ended up with the least xp in the end, but he could have easily won if we had not ganged up on him (Sweetcurse).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games