Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 29th, 2023, 02:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MCC-Makers of Custom Cards-turning customs from text to

@kolakoski let me know if you need any other changes.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 29th, 2023, 03:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Thanks so much! I'll let you know what happens . . .

Old June 29th, 2023, 08:01 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Sherman suggested a cleaner method for this. Please create a new card with this change:

Flintlock Pistols
When Gráinne attacks and a blank is rolled, the pistol misfires and the target takes no damage.

Old June 29th, 2023, 10:31 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Sherman suggested a cleaner method for this. Please create a new card with this change:

Flintlock Pistols
When Gráinne attacks and a blank is rolled, the pistol misfires and the target takes no damage.

Only concern with this is you've gone from a 10% chance of failure to a 42% chance of failure. If I'm working the probability calculator correctly, 2 blanks is about a 7% chance.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 29th, 2023, 11:21 PM

Well met!

Upon reflection, the chance of a misfire should not change due to distance or height, so we’ll leave the card as originally done - except she is supposed to be a Half-Elf. Thanks.

Last edited by kolakoski; June 30th, 2023 at 08:29 AM.
Old July 1st, 2023, 08:48 AM

Well met!

Final version of Card for test:

Gráinne O'Hara
General: Vydar
Half-Elf, Unique Hero, Outlaw, Disciplined, Medium 5
Life 4, Move 6, Range 4, Attack 3, Defense 3

Double Attack
When Gráinne attacks, she may attack one additional time.

Point Blank
If Gráinne targets an adjacent figure, add an additional attack die to the attack.

Flintlock Pistols
When Gráinne attacks and a skull is rolled, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 1-2, the pistol misfires and the target takes no damage.

Queen of the Buccaneers
After taking a turn with Gráinne, you may take a turn with a squad of Buccaneers of Tortuga under your control.

Not only did I make a mistake earlier with her Race, but, given her function, a Disciplined Personality makes better sense. Her full name acknowledges her mixed heritage.

Thanks for everything!

Old July 1st, 2023, 10:42 AM

Here you go.

Quote:

Well met!

Final version of Card for test:

Gráinne O'Hara
Life 4, Move 6, Range 4, Attack 3, Defense 3

Double Attack
When Gráinne attacks, she may attack one additional time.

Point Blank
If Gráinne targets an adjacent figure, add an additional attack die to the attack.

Flintlock Pistols
When Gráinne attacks and a skull is rolled, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 1-2, the pistol misfires and the target takes no damage.

Queen of the Buccaneers
After taking a turn with Gráinne, you may take a turn with a squad of Buccaneers of Tortuga under your control.

Not only did I make a mistake earlier with her Race, but, given her function, a Disciplined Personality makes better sense. Her full name acknowledges her mixed heritage.

Thanks for everything!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 1st, 2023, 02:44 PM

Well met!

For SoV consideration pleae make the following change:

Queen of the Buccaneers
After taking a turn with Gráinne, you may take a turn with any Rogue squad you control.

Old July 1st, 2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:

For SoV consideration pleae make the following change:

Queen of the Buccaneers
After taking a turn with Gráinne, you may take a turn with any Rogue squad you control.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 1st, 2023, 05:10 PM

Well met!

Thanks so much! I pray we're good . . .

Old July 6th, 2023, 10:04 AM

Well met!

wriggz was brutal:

"O'Hare reminds me of an old nominee jack of blades. That custome had Sooooo much going on during an attacking turn that I voted not to review. I see the same thing here, double attack with point blank and a chance to miss.

"I'd simplify greatly. Not sure point blank is warranted, or even double attack given how hard flint lock pistols are to load and use.

"The failure on attack is neat but punishing in game, likely resulting in players avoiding the drafting outside buccaneers builds.

"Finally bonding. I'm not a fan of sticking bonding on every unit especially on a hero to forever chain her to a squad."

First revision for testing:

Captain Gráinne O'Hara
Life 4, Move 6, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 3

Double Attack
When Gráinne attacks with her normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

Captain's Inspiration
All figures you control within 2 spaces of Gráinne add 1 to their attack dice and 1 to their defense dice. Captain's Inspiration does not affect Gráinne.

Flashing Cutlass Special Attack
Range 1, Attack 4
If Gráinne attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack an adjacent figure again. She may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

Too much?

P.S.: Not posting again in The Pre-SoV Workshop until somebody says I should.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 6th, 2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old July 6th, 2023, 02:10 PM

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards