Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old March 27th, 2023, 05:14 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides - Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Moved to Editing.
I'd first like to remove the Soul-Guides' ability to move themselves.

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks, and Undead figures can never be moved by Journey Through the Spirit World.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What's the reason you want to add that limitation?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:20 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
What's the reason you want to add that limitation?
So that they can't leap-frog over themselves to get an extra couple spaces of movement.
Old March 27th, 2023, 06:23 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
So that they can't leap-frog over themselves to get an extra couple spaces of movement.
And to do that you'll stop Zombies, Skeletons, etc. from being able to use the power?

--
--
--

--
Old March 27th, 2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
And to do that you'll stop Zombies, Skeletons, etc. from being able to use the power?
It makes sense to me that the soul guides would only be willing to safely guide living creatures through the spirit work. Undead creatures shouldn’t return from the spirit world.
Old March 27th, 2023, 06:30 PM

I get how that could be a thematic choice. My preference would be to block the Soul Guides from using the ability but no other figures. But I wouldn't die on the hill of opposition to excluding all Undead.

What do you think @NecroBlade ?

--
--
--

--
Old March 27th, 2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I get how that could be a thematic choice. My preference would be to block the Soul Guides from using the ability but no other figures. But I wouldn't die on the hill of opposition to excluding all Undead.

What do you think @NecroBlade ?
I also have no problem with only preventing the Soul Guides themselves from moving via the ability. Excluding all Undead just felt slightly less arbitrary than excluding just Soul Guides, but its not a strong preference either way.
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I don't love it and I don't hate it, but I think I have a slight preference for just excluding the HSGs.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 29th, 2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hmm. I don't love it and I don't hate it, but I think I have a slight preference for just excluding the HSGs.
Sounds good; let's just go with this then:

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to an Honored Soul Guide you control while moving normally, you may place that figure on an empty space adjacent to a different Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.
I realized that the leap frogging issue could be cleanly fixed by just requiring the figure to be placed adjacent to a different Soul Guide.
Old March 29th, 2023, 12:43 PM

That's a new limitation for other figures also, but honestly it is more thematic. That works for me. If it works for @NecroBlade then we can have @Scytale checklist it.

--
--
--

--
Old March 29th, 2023, 01:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

We had discussed that before. Once you kill one, the other one is largely useless.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 29th, 2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
We had discussed that before. Once you kill one, the other one is largely useless.
I'm fine with that for a 50 pt unique squad. 2A, Stealth Flying, and 6D will always have its uses just as a roadblock or endgame cleanup.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs