Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old December 30th, 2022, 01:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Playtesting

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 5th, 2023, 04:25 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know you guys are in the process of finalizing this, but I played a quick game with them this morning.

Armies were: Nakitas, Gorillanators x2, Johnny "Shotgun", and the Velnesh(@80 pts) - 445 pts
vs.
Charos, Greenscales x2, Raelin SOTM - 450 pts
on Sear by Dignan

The plan was to hold the Velnesh back and then use them to hit hard once the screen of Gorillanators was compromised and the Nakitas were endangered. Pulled it off almost perfectly. Nakitas and Gorillanators gained the bridge and the height, while Charos and the Greenscales challenged them within Raelin's aura (at the edge of the startzone). Each team got a defense glyph, and Charos got a potion of healing. Round 3 saw some real action, as Raelin charged in to attempt to break up the Nakita and Gorillanator that were controlling the bridge. Simultaneously, the order markers shifting to the Velnesh, one of which replaced the fallen Gorillanator on the bridge that was blocking for the Nakita and keeping back the Greenscales. Another got around Raelin and those two put 3 wounds on her and destroyed her. Nakitas got Charos up to 4 wounds. An initiative shift saw the Velnesh almost assassinate an order marker when they killed 2/3 remaining Greenscales, but then Charos and the remaining Greenie killed 2 of the Velnesh and Charos healed and started munching on Nakitas. Another initiative gamble saw the last Velnesh hitting Charos hard with height, but it 1 skulled and got counterstruck. Charos got a Scarab of Invincibility and Johnny Shotgun stood no chance.

Units remaining: Charos with 1 wound
What the Velnesh did: Used Shift a lot, defended and used Blink once (I think), and defended and didn't use Blink at least twice because the Velnesh was a key blocker on the bridge. Killed 3 Greenscales and did the last 3 wounds of damage on Raelin.

My impressions: They're fun. I think this map was good for them, and their mobility showed, but there were also times when they just couldn't get to places where I wanted them to be. So that's good. They'd certainly be stronger on maps with more extreme heights or more walls they could clip through. They're potent assassins, and good defenders too. They're pretty sharky when you commit to using them, because they're mobile and 3 attacks of 4-5 is pretty nice. But it's a gamble, as with most unique squads. 80 seems like it might be right price-wise, I'd have a better grasp on it if I had played more games with them. I'd expect they'd play strongly in an all-unique set where they can get rolling assassinating order markers with some luck.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 6th, 2023, 07:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

it's been over a month, @Astroking112

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 6th, 2023, 10:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saw a bit of the Convo on the discord and wanted to throw my unsolicited in on finalizing designs and releasing finished products. This seems like a topical thread for it. It seems like the AotV project has a built in final revision phase prior to final release that checks the set for it's overall cohesion as a master set. I'd suggest settling on a reasonable point cost at this point, allowing you to move on to other designs, and putting greater emphasis on coming back and finalizing point costs once you've got everything together as a set and you're voting there.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 22nd, 2023, 03:57 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I'm not sure what our process says happens with a tied vote, but let's just re-propose at 80 points.
@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous
This proposal passes on time

--
--
--

--
Old March 26th, 2023, 08:45 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what our process says happens with a tied vote, but let's just re-propose at 80 points.
@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous
This proposal passes on time
Thanks, OP updated. (Also added @Maklar the Silver Prince 's playtest in post #410.)

Do we want to park this thread in "Compatibility Testing" for now (essentially complete until we've collected enough AotV units to run AotV-only testing games)?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:50 PM

That sounds like the next step in the process, yeah.

--
--
--

--
Old March 31st, 2023, 12:30 PM

Could we get the thread title updated to "Compatibility Testing."

--
--
--

--
Old April 12th, 2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Could we get the thread title updated to "Compatibility Testing."
I had to settle for "AotV Testing" since "Compatibility" wouldn't fit.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs