Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old December 6th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: C3V Scans and Proxies Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@White Knight were you able to get Axentia posted?
Not yet. The model has some issues, especially around the mouth, so I need to fix it a little.
Old December 9th, 2022, 08:49 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Axentia
Old December 9th, 2022, 08:50 PM

And that, my friends, completes my scans of C3V figures!

On to new adventures!
Old December 15th, 2022, 11:29 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

On to new adventures!
@White Knight that is awesome thank you once again for all of the effort you put in to getting these scans completed.
Old January 18th, 2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:

On to new adventures!
With Wave 23, Pack 4, I guess I'm not finished anymore.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the new figures to scan...
Old January 19th, 2023, 11:11 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

On to new adventures!
With Wave 23, Pack 4, I guess I'm not finished anymore.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the new figures to scan...
@White Knight I am hoping that you are able to get scans done for Pack 4. This is one of the best packs in my opinion and although I could buy the figures I really want to use my new Photon Mono X to print them out instead.
Old January 19th, 2023, 11:37 PM

I take back what I said.

I DO have the figure from Pack 4 scanned already. I just need to clean them a post them.
Old January 21st, 2023, 02:30 PM

@White Knight that is great news. Can’t wait to see them and get them printed.
Old January 31st, 2023, 11:09 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart

Can someone please explain to me about C3V models please.
As I understand they are a set of use made customs units, using alternative models like heroclix, D&D and other sets, which are variously easier or harder to find. Is it also the case that some of these models have been scanned for 3d printing on thingiverse right?

So what are the proxies? They look like much better quality models. Are they custom created designs which mimic/improve on the scaned C3v ones? Do I have it right?

But then what is Sov?

Thanks!
Old January 31st, 2023, 09:11 PM

@Mrcellophane1978 there are many others in this community that can articulate this better, but let me give a quick summary. C3V, SOV, and C3G are custom developer member groups in the Heroscapers community. They have literally kept Heroscape alive with their continued dedication of expanding the Heroscape universe with their passion and love for this game. C3V and SOV are focused on compatible customs for Classic Heroscape while C3G is focused on Superscape the expansion and to compatible customs for Marvel Scape. Their concept, development, and playtesting process is extremely rigorous so when a new custom character is released or a wave/pack is released they are very balanced for any type of community game play or tournament play and are accepted for use. As for the models used you are correct they are from readily available models from various miniature model companies. Unfortunately, with anything in the tabletop gaming industry that does not mean that those models are going to be always in production. With that said there have been a couple of key threads that have come up so community members can still obtain or proxy the C3V and SOV models. The first is by @Dad_Scaper called the Alternate Sculpts. In this thread you can find a listing of all current alternate sculpts that people have found that are a close enough representative of figures that either are too expensive or that you can no longer get. The second is by @White Knight called the C3V Scans and Proxies Links. Naturally, that is this link we are in now and @White Knight has scanned just about every C3V and SOV model created so far. He does have some additional proxies scanned that are of a better quality. For C3G there are no scanned models to my knowledge, but in my experience all of the Super Hero/Villain models are easy enough and cheap enough to find. I hope this helps.
Old January 31st, 2023, 10:13 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
As I understand they are a set of use made customs units, using alternative models like heroclix, D&D and other sets, which are variously easier or harder to find. Is it also the case that some of these models have been scanned for 3d printing on thingiverse right?

So what are the proxies? They look like much better quality models. Are they custom created designs which mimic/improve on the scaned C3v ones? Do I have it right?

But then what is Sov?

Thanks!
You can find more info about c3v and sov here.
Old February 1st, 2023, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post

But then what is Sov?

Thanks!
About C3V models on Thingiverse:

Before I scanned all the C3V models, some community members made their own proxy 3D models of the figures. These were usually kitbashed from existing models they found. They are often higher resolution than the scans, but they are not the exact sculpt. They posted these proxy models on Thingiverse.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing