Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 12th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
My son and I have played two games of Dead of Winter in the last few days. Since it was just the two of us, we played purely co-op without a traitor or hidden goals. Even without those additional mechanics, it's still a very fun, tense game with a ton of theme. We squeaked out two wins, each one on the last round if the game, and in one if those, our morale ended up at one, which is one away from a loss.

At this point, we haven't had the additional players around to spice things up, but I am so looking forward to the opportunity to play this with more people
We (You, D_S, Stephen, Over_Engineered, and I) should get together after GenCon for a game of this. Can't wait to "help" everyone win this.

Edit: Another game of Spurs last night. Big hit with the family.
Old August 12th, 2014, 11:25 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got to play my first game of Dead of Winter, we had 3 Betrayer out of 5. The game ended when Viegon decided to Exile BlackHeadedLuckSucker who rolled two strait Bitten which made us lose all of our Morale by our guys dying.

All of us lost our game, multiple got really close, but to there yet. Not knowing how game is going play out and being a Betrayer, I made a bad decision early on, which in the end probably made me lose the game. But the game was a ton of fun even with all of us losing.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Got to play my first game of Dead of Winter, we had 3 Betrayer out of 5. The game ended when Viegon decided to Exile BlackHeadedLuckSucker who rolled two strait Bitten which made us lose all of our Morale by our guys dying.

All of us lost our game, multiple got really close, but to there yet. Not knowing how game is going play out and being a Betrayer, I made a bad decision early on, which in the end probably made me lose the game. But the game was a ton of fun even with all of us losing.
How do you have 3 betrayers?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah... There can only be 0 or 1 betrayers in a game.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We (You, D_S, Stephen, Over_Engineered, and I) should get together after GenCon for a game of this. Can't wait to "help" everyone win this.

Edit: Another game of Spurs last night. Big hit with the family.
I think you guys will like it.

One thing to get used to is the pacing of turns due to the crossroads cards. The person to the right of the active player draws the crossroads card at the beginning of that player's turn. The thing is that some of the triggers can happen immediately before that player begins their turn, so when it's your turn, give the player to the right with the crossroads card a moment to read the first line in italics to see if there's an auto trigger like just having a certain survivor not exiled. So it can take a moment for the player with the crossroads card to scan the table and look for a specific survivor. It does slow a player's turn down a little as they wait a moment, but I think of it as just giving them another moment to make sure of their plans. Sometimes though you have to wait for an action to trigger the crossroads card, and sometimes just by reading the first line you can tell that it's not going to trigger and discard the card.

Maybe after you guys play DoW after GenCon, you can treat them to Spurs too, being the "helpful" guy you are

Old August 12th, 2014, 01:10 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post

Yeah... There can only be 0 or 1 betrayers in a game.
Hmm, we read the rules wrong, just doubled checked, you two are right. Both Viegon and me read it as "...add 1 betrayal card per player...", though it made the game a lot of fun with 3 betrayers.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Maybe after you guys play DoW after GenCon, you can treat them to Spurs too, being the "helpful" guy you are
Oh, I will if they are willin'.

We finished up a Lost Valley: The Yukon Goldrush 1896 at lunch. We lost to the not so dumb "Dummy"(we call him Old Timer heh heh), then started a game of Soccero. Lost Valley is straight up good fun. Tons of decisions and fun even when getting stomped by a crazy old coot. The manager of my soccer team ended up being Old Timer. We couldn't get away from the theme.
Old August 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Lost Valley looks fun. I hope one of the guys in my group picks it up so I can try it out. I have Concordia and Kaosball coming likely next week sometime, so I'm tapped out for a while for new games. Though I did save a lot of money on those, a good bit cheaper than online retailers

Old August 13th, 2014, 08:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Mission Red Planet (formerly by Asmodee) is being reprinted/redone by FFG, and the new version should be at GenCon. Tom Vassel said in yesterday's Pre-GenCon Live Group Discussion that he got a change vibe from the designer. FFG is a black hole of GenCon info as usual, but soon all will be revealed.

I got this out of print game two years ago at a game con flea market for a song, and have been enjoying it every since. Its like Citadels (same designer) but with a board; a steampunk theme about colonizing Mars. Its simple and lots of fun (Tom Vassal had it on his Games That Most Need To Be Reprinted list).

I'm hoping that I can get a copy of the new rules, make a few home made components, and that will be my 'update kit.' But given what FFG did to Battle Lore, you just never know...
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Mission Red Planet (formerly by Asmodee) is being reprinted/redone by FFG, and the new version should be at GenCon. Tom Vassel said in yesterday's Pre-GenCon Live Group Discussion that he got a change vibe from the designer. FFG is a black hole of GenCon info as usual, but soon all will be revealed.

I got this out of print game two years ago at a game con flea market for a song, and have been enjoying it every since. Its like Citadels (same designer) but with a board; a steampunk theme about colonizing Mars. Its simple and lots of fun (Tom Vassal had it on his Games That Most Need To Be Reprinted list).

I'm hoping that I can get a copy of the new rules, make a few home made components, and that will be my 'update kit.' But given what FFG did to Battle Lore, you just never know...
I believe we played that at your house one time, maybe two or three years ago.

Old August 14th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wrapped up a 5 player game of Dead of Winter. The humans did not fare well, largely because both face up and face down cards both put enormous pressure on our unluckily small fuel supply. Sorry for hoarding what little I had, @Jim !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 14th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Wrapped up a 5 player game of Dead of Winter. The humans did not fare well, largely because both face up and face down cards both put enormous pressure on our unluckily small fuel supply. Sorry for hoarding what little I had, @Jim !
Sparky didn't even get his chance to shine!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games