Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 19th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Man of Muscle Memory seems very strong since you don't have to roll for any of those powers and get an option each time. That combined with Hero of the Beach affecting other figures could see this guy scratching close to 400 points potentially. Is that the target range for him?
I was thinking <300 so I’ll tone it down a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Was he ever a part of the Justice Society? If not, I'd stay away from Mystery Man.
He was never in the JSA, but he (within the narrative) is very much in the same mold of a DC Golden Age Crime Fighter. I see why it would need to change though. I think Champion could work, or even a unique class like Muscle Man.
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = FLEX MENTALLO
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A
SPECIES = ENTITY/HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MUSCLE MAN
PERSONALITY = STOIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY
Instead of moving and attacking, you may choose either Flex Mentallo or any figure within 5 clear sight spaces. You may either:
  • Move any 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random on the chosen figure's card to any other card in that figure's army that is in play;
  • Remove one Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card
  • Place the chosen figure on any empty space on the battlefield within 3 spaces of its original placement. The figure moved by this power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HERO OF THE BEACH
Add 1 die to Flex Mentallo's's attack and defense while he is on a sand space. Whenever Flex Mentallo or any figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Flex Mentallo would be destroyed or receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, he instead receives one wound.
Here's a take two. I thought it might be fun if the Hero of the Beach got a boost on sand, but that could be seen as un-thematic I suppose, as he doesn't really spend much time on the beach outside of flashbacks.

If I want to nerf Man of Muscle Mystery, I'd want to keep all 3 options at a consistent power level. Which option is the strongest right now? I'd probably use the healing the most myself.

Character Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; September 19th, 2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old September 19th, 2018, 03:53 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Love those changes, they tone him down a ton toward the range you're after. Also a fan of the sand space boost! Go Sandman!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 19th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Just A Head

@ALEXAN2507 If you don’t mind, is there anything that happens in the Way run that might be a worthy addition to his design?
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't remember him getting up to all that much in the Way run, besides delivering exposition. Probably nothing character-defining. I think I missed the last issue or two, though.
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't remember him getting up to all that much in the Way run, besides delivering exposition. Probably nothing character-defining. I think I missed the last issue or two, though.
You know, he never actually does all that much. In Doom Patrol, he shows up missing his powers, gets them back, turns the Pentagon into a circle, then disappears at the end of the arc. In his miniseries he's pretty proactive, but he's faced with a mystery that he can't really use his powers to solve, and the story isn't even really about him anyways. He's pretty ill-defined as a character, but I think that's on purpose.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:17 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = (NFL) SUPERPRO
SECRET IDENTITY = PHIL GRAYFIELD

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ATHLETE
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

FOOTBALL TACKLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may use Football Tackle Special Attack. Move SuperPro up to 5 spaces in a straight line, and then choose a figure to attack. If SuperPro inflicts one or more wounds against a small or medium figure with Football Tackle Special Attack, that figure cannot move until the end of the round or until SuperPro no longer occupies the space he currently occupies.

INDESTRUCTIBLE SUIT
When SuperPro defends against a normal or special attack, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds SuperPro can take from this attack is one. SuperPro never rolls for lava field damage.
I mean why not? I've never actually read NFL SuperPro.

Last edited by MrNobody; October 7th, 2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd suggest looking to Hercules when designing a tackle style power.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd suggest looking to Hercules when designing a tackle style power.
Different type of tackling.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 26th, 2018, 09:37 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

NAME = FLEX MENTALLO
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A
SPECIES = ENTITY/HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MUSCLE MAN
PERSONALITY = STOIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY
Instead of moving and attacking, you may choose either Flex Mentallo or any figure within 5 clear sight spaces. You may either:
  • Move any 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random on the chosen figure's card to any other card in that figure's army that is in play;
  • Remove one Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card
  • Place the chosen figure on any empty space on the battlefield within 3 spaces of its original placement. The figure moved by this power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HERO OF THE BEACH
Add 1 die to Flex Mentallo's's attack and defense while he is on a sand space. Whenever Flex Mentallo or any figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Flex Mentallo would be destroyed or receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, he instead receives one wound.
Here's a take two. I thought it might be fun if the Hero of the Beach got a boost on sand, but that could be seen as un-thematic I suppose, as he doesn't really spend much time on the beach outside of flashbacks.

If I want to nerf Man of Muscle Mystery, I'd want to keep all 3 options at a consistent power level. Which option is the strongest right now? I'd probably use the healing the most myself.

Character Bio
Spoiler Alert!
We are currently working on a small tweak to the Cosmic Cube in Sanctum. Don't know where this guy is on your list of priorities, but I thought I'd let you know.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
We are currently working on a small tweak to the Cosmic Cube in Sanctum. Don't know where this guy is on your list of priorities, but I thought I'd let you know.
It’s not really important thay he functions exactly like the cosmic cube, that just seemed like a good basis for a reality-warping character. He’s not top of my priority list for sure, and he won’t even have a mini until next year. Glad to see the CC is getting modified though, thanks for telling me!
Old September 26th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like "Muscle Man" as a class. That's cool.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy