Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 11th, 2014, 04:29 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Re: X-Wing

I love X-Wing and have actually been active on BGG with developing a ruleset for hex-based combat.
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
. I lost my RSP to his relentless barrage before launching his torpedoes and lost a massive investment, and Wedge managed to kill one TIE and bring the others down to one hull point each before pulling a K-turn right into Backstabber's base, taking damage, and getting vaped by the TIE Pilot's special ability.

This is obviously my new addiction...
Not sure if you're just describing all the action in one sentence or not, but I wanted to point out that when ships fly into other ships' bases, they don't take damage, they simply lose the ability to take an action that turn, such as Focus, Evade, Target Lock, etc. Also, Wedge would've been able to shoot at any other TIE in his firing arc (if there was one) other than Backstabber, even though his base was touching.

And welcome to the new addiction! I hope the TIE-breaker (nice pun, by the way) falls your way.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; January 11th, 2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Wedge is the bomb-diggity
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:33 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
before pulling a K-turn right into Backstabber's base, taking damage, and getting vaped by the TIE Pilot's special ability.
Like rym, I was going to point out that overlapping another ship does not cause damage (ships =/= obstacles). Also, neither ship would be able to shoot at the other that turn, regardless of who did the overlapping.

Quote:
I can't wait to get my hands on a Y-Wing and TIE Advanced.
Me either! The only two ships I don't have so far. Our local store was able to get in some of the X-Wing and TIE expansions, but apparently not the Y's or Advanced.

I haven't played any X-Wing in a little while, and I'm getting an itch.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:14 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the clarification guys - n00b game, n00b mistake.

Looking into getting multiple Y-Wings if I like the first one I buy... Ion Cannon Armada!!!

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
before pulling a K-turn right into Backstabber's base, taking damage, and getting vaped by the TIE Pilot's special ability.
Like rym, I was going to point out that overlapping another ship does not cause damage (ships =/= obstacles). Also, neither ship would be able to shoot at the other that turn, regardless of who did the overlapping.

Yeah, good point Necro. While asteroids can cause damage with overlap, ships don't, and you can't shoot at the ship you are base to base with, as thematically the two ships are at different elevations and not in sight of each other.

You also don't keep the bases overlapped, you have them base to base.

Not sure if others have picked it up, but a neat trick to move past/through another ship is to use the 1 move template and set it lengthwise along the side of the base of the ship being passed through. The #1 is the same length as the base. So then you hold the #1 in place while removing the ship in order for the moving ships template to be placed. After that ship moves, then replace the other ship where it was adjacent to the #1 and then remove the #1.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Making mistakes the first time (or even every time) you play is totally normal and expected. As long as everyone had fun, that's the important part.

Another rule to point out is "if the active ship is executing a koiogran maneuver that causes it to overlap another ship, instead treat its maneuver as a straight maneuver with the same speed and color revealed on the dial."

If you're looking for hard to find ships, a good place to check is Barnes and Noble. I've found that the hobby/game stores will be bone dry on ships but BN will often have some of the harder to find ships. For example, they had a some Y-Wings and an Advanced at my local BN just a couple weeks ago.

Great tip Hahma. Definitely going to use that one.
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Great tip Hahma. Definitely going to use that one.
Glad to help Hellfire

Some members of my gaming group were pretty involved in testing this game and had some pretty good input that was used by FFG. So I have been able to learn a thing or two from them. I did a test game with the B-Wing and Bomber, but that's as far into testing I got with it.

Old January 12th, 2014, 10:42 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

We certainly had fun... A New Hope soundtrack with the Battle of Yavin on loop at the end really gave it the final touch. I can't wait to play a Death Star scenario.

I've been seeing the sets in Barnes and Noble for a while since it came out, but held off on buying it because of the hefty price tag and the (to someone unknown to the game, seemingly small) number of ships in the Core Set. I read some reviews about a month ago, watched some tutorials, and Seth Green/Clare Grant play the game on youtube... And I became obsessed with buying it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a BN in my hometown.

Fortunately, Miniature Market cuts a third off of the price for every X-Wing Miniatures expansion, and according to my recent snooping, they have several, several Y-Wings and TIE Advanced in stock.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Not sure if others have picked it up, but a neat trick to move past/through another ship is to use the 1 move template and set it lengthwise along the side of the base of the ship being passed through. The #1 is the same length as the base. So then you hold the #1 in place while removing the ship in order for the moving ships template to be placed. After that ship moves, then replace the other ship where it was adjacent to the #1 and then remove the #1.
Just echoing Hellfire, Hahma, that this is a pretty neat little trick.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Just echoing Hellfire, Hahma, that this is a pretty neat little trick.
It's funny because it's something I've done since I've started playing since being taught the game by one of the guys big into playtesting it. I don't know if he or someone else in the group came up with that trick, but it's just been so common a thing for us, that it almost seems like it was in the rules that way. So sometimes I forget that others may not know of it and I'm happy to mention it because it certainly makes moving through ships easier by having the #1 as a place holder.

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'll have to remember to do that. Likewise, the 2-> would be the same length as the larger ships.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:49 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just wanted to share that my local Target has the starter set on sale for $11.99. I picked up a couple. Not sure if that's true for all Targets, but worth checking out. Cheap way to pick up three new ships and extras.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures