Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 13th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Decoy Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
If a figure is engaged with a daring decoy and the doctor chooses the decoy for fast talking, it won't be able to attack without moving. Blob + doctor + DD + Constantine is an interesting lock but the doctor has to be adjacent to the decoy so it's a bit tricky to set up.

~Dysole, noting this is looking at the version without any doctor OMs
Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad to me:
1) You have to set it up;
2) The opponent can still risk a leaving engagement;
3) Doesn't help if the opponent has a disengage power;
4) It's certainly not any worse than a full-on turn ending power under the worst circumstances.

I liked Odysseus's suggestion of requiring a (revealed?) OM - certainly forces him to be more active rather than just a passive support aura. This doesn't sound like a terrible exploit - shouldn't be too bad at all.

Also, great to see you around Dysole! Hope we start seeing you around more again soon.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 13th, 2019, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Doctor (11th) (Second Breath)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
My first though it that it could be more like May Parker. He can choose an opponent’s figure and that opponent’s figure can’t do _____ for the rest of the turn. I’m not a huge fan of adding another of that kind of ability to the game, but I think it works here.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Can’t move, maybe? He’s caught their ear.
I think I’d rather lean towards not attacking, just for usefulness’s sake. I think he also needs some sort of way to stop Daleks from murdering him. If they can just blast him, that’s a theme fail for me.
Daleks favor their Special Power over the normal attack, so....

FAST-TALKING
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker on an Army Card they control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, that Army Card cannot use any special powers this turn. If you roll a 20, that opponent’s turn immediately ends.

Would still be really useful vs. all sorts of units who have special powers or special attacks that are much better then their normal attack. Magneto, Silver Samurai, etc. Even Punisher would be limited to one normal attack instead of getting three.
Old September 13th, 2019, 02:10 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Decoy Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
If a figure is engaged with a daring decoy and the doctor chooses the decoy for fast talking, it won't be able to attack without moving. Blob + doctor + DD + Constantine is an interesting lock but the doctor has to be adjacent to the decoy so it's a bit tricky to set up.

~Dysole, noting this is looking at the version without any doctor OMs
Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad to me:
1) You have to set it up;
2) The opponent can still risk a leaving engagement;
3) Doesn't help if the opponent has a disengage power;
4) It's certainly not any worse than a full-on turn ending power under the worst circumstances.

I liked Odysseus's suggestion of requiring a (revealed?) OM - certainly forces him to be more active rather than just a passive support aura. This doesn't sound like a terrible exploit - shouldn't be too bad at all.

Also, great to see you around Dysole! Hope we start seeing you around more again soon.

Well the point of Blob being there would be that they can’t move out of it and are just stuck not attacking. But I don’t really have an issue with that combo either. Lot of pieces parts to maybe lock someone out sometimes on a fairly high roll. I’m a lot less worried about that than I am anything that begins with ‘more like May Parker’ anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 13th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Missed Blob in Dy's description, but yeah, that's yet another moving part and I'm the sort of person who feels as though strategic play like that ought to be encouraged, plus, as you said - it's a high roll. I don't see it as that much worse than Blob + Dick Robin already is, with extra point expenditure and an extra moving part. If you add in the OM requirement already being discussed (which sounds good to me), it's really a non-issue.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 13th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I just don’t want to be discouraged from doing a Companion (bonding with the Doctor) with Daring Decoy because I really like that draft.

I’m going to let it simmer in my head for a few hours. I do like how these newer versions encourage more active play, instead of just sitting next to a valuable unit.

So for requirements to use the power, do we have any preference between these options?
A) No requirement (can use Fast-Talking every time an opponent reveals an OM)
B) Require/encourage a revealed (numbered?) OM on his card to use Fast-Talking
C) Require/encourage an unrevealed OM on his card to use Fast-Talking
D) Other, please specify

I actually like Option C. This version of the Doctor totally had a tendency to try to bluff his way out of situations, and I feel like unrevealed OMs could be a good way to represent that. It also makes for some interplay between this power and WW-TW.
Old September 13th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like B. Feels more like he is actively talking.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I just don’t want to be discouraged from doing a Companion (bonding with the Doctor) with Daring Decoy because I really like that draft.
I wouldn't discourage it - in fact, it's, IMO, not at the stage I'd deem it an exploit, but rather at the point where I'd consider it a fun soft synergy. If you also have a Companion with Cyberclaw on the cards, then it might be a problem, but otherwise? No.
As for the poll, I like either B or C, but I won't vote between them because I don't know the character and this is, at least partially, a thematic decision. B feels a bit more mechanically interesting, though.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 13th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What if you have to show (but not reveal) a numbered OM to use Fast Talking?
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
FAST-TALKING
When an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card they control, if there is a revealed numbered Order Marker on the Doctor’s Army Card, you may choose a Common or Unique figure engaged with the Doctor. For the rest of that player’s turn or as long as that figure is engaged with the Doctor, it cannot attack and all special powers on its Army Card are negated.
How does this look? Might be a bit too out there, but I’m hoping that the OM reveal requirement and the ability for anybody to cancel it out by leaving engagement might make it work. We could also add a D20 roll back if needed.
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:05 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Usually “on this card” reads clearly, but given the start of that sentence you might go “The Doctor’s card” or something instead.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 15th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Just A Head

Makes sense. Edited.
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:18 AM

So that'll have to be tested with Blob or Mister Fantastic. Pair them with, say, Oracle and Nightshade, and you could drop the Doctor and next to an Order Marker hub fairly early in the game and then so long as he survived long enough to be activated right away in the round from then on, he's going to nullify that Order Marker hub.

Probably a long way to go for that, though. And most Order Marker hubs will just shift to their secondary option at that point and try to take Doctor out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library