Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Punisher - Design Phase

GreyOwl, I understand that sentiment, but if he's our Kato, how many Daimyos do you expect will come out in the official game?
As a rule, I side with you, but I think this might be an exception to the rule that makes sense.
Also, there are more likely to be other Kingpin candidates (Fisk's son, for instance) than there are to be other Daimyo candidates.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think if a figure is destroyed, though, it's still in my army ... how about:

TAKING DOWN THE MOB
When Punisher attacks with his normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time for each enemy Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind on the battlefield, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. When Taking Down The Mob, Punisher rolls 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack in the same turn. He cannot attack the same figure more than once when Taking Down The Mob.

And all signs point to the future Kingpin having a class of ... Kingpin.
But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if that class was left out of this power.
I changed to the above "for now" anyway. I can do without Kingpin in there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Wow, way too much going on in the attack department for me. Maybe tone down the shotgun to 2 blasts per turn, but "Taking Down the Mob" really needs to be scaled back.

What about just "as long as an opponent controls at least 1 Crimelord, etc, Punisher may attack (normally) 1 additional time"? Or maybe "If Punisher destroys a Crimelord, etc. with his normal attack, he may attack (normally) again (and continue until he doesn't destroy one)"?

I love the skulls = less defense dice mechanic, esp. for "Armor Piercing Rocket." I actually DO like multiple SAs (occasionally) and will support them here esp. (he DOES have an arsenal) as long as they're toned down a little bit.
So basically a double attack if opponent controls a Crimelord etc. and a double shotgun blast?

Is the Taking Down The Mob currently too powerful for you or too confusing/wordy/messy?

What would you like to see his cost at?

I don't mind making changes to tone him down a bit, I really don't, but I personally have no interest in a 150-160 point Punisher, as he is easily as badass as any figure we have under 200 points. However, as this is a collaborative effort, we will go with what the majority wants regarding his power level.

Before I make any more changes to de-power him, since that seems to be the main contention here, I'd like to hear what Whitestuff and Griffin have to say as well and then go from there. Currently, without a preliminary playtest, we don't have any results to see how how powerful he currently is. So right now, all concerns are based on initial impressions rather than actual results that say he's currently worth 200-300 points.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Okay, to help alleviate some concerns (I hope) I dropped his life to 4.

Old May 11th, 2010, 08:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'd really just rather not have to constantly count mobsters in my opponents' armies. If you did make the change to just double attack or extra attack on destruction, you could lose the 1 less attack die bit, IMO.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Fair enough.

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I could see that mechanic being a bit unweildy. If we could clean that up without depowering him any, I'm in favor.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Is something like this any better?
If so, then I might consider bumping his life back up to 5.

TAKING DOWN THE MOB
If an opponent begins the game with a Criminal, Crime Lord or Mastermind in his army, Punisher may attack one additional time with his normal attack.

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM

What about somewhere in between ...

TAKING DOWN THE MOB
When Punisher attacks a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind with his normal attack, he may attack a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind with his normal attack one additional time, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. When Taking Down The Mob, Punisher rolls 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack in the same turn. He cannot attack the same figure more than once when Taking Down The Mob.

That way you only have to count targets and make sure they're of the correct class.

Old May 11th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
GreyOwl, I understand that sentiment, but if he's our Kato, how many Daimyos do you expect will come out in the official game?
As a rule, I side with you, but I think this might be an exception to the rule that makes sense.
Also, there are more likely to be other Kingpin candidates (Fisk's son, for instance) than there are to be other Daimyo candidates.
Two different universes. Just because they probably won't make more Daimyos doesn't mean there couldn't be any more (thematically). Isn't Kingpin essentially a Crime Lord, though? He's just better at it than most, that's all.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Meh ... no offense Spidey, but I like the current card a lot more than your proposed changes (some of which I had a tough time following, so that might have been part of it).
I think he's really great as is and that one tweak I suggested to Taking Down the Mob to force him to target separate figures should get him right where he needs to be for my liking.
None taken! I was only throwing out another idea. I just think the Sniper effect is way cooler than a shotgun blast, but that is probably the gun-toting, ROTC-trained, Footpounder in me. "One shot, one kill, from the top of the hill, Walking in a Sniper Wonderland." (Sung to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
On a side note, this power will change how we roll dice, because we always roll attack and defense dice at the same time. We can't do that with this power...
Please forgive my ignorance here, GO, but how? I don't understand your comment.

Quote:
What about somewhere in between ...

TAKING DOWN THE MOB
When Punisher attacks a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind with his normal attack, he may attack a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind with his normal attack one additional time, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. When Taking Down The Mob, Punisher rolls 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack in the same turn. He cannot attack the same figure more than once when Taking Down The Mob.

That way you only have to count targets and make sure they're of the correct class.
I really like this fix. It would get my

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
On a side note, this power will change how we roll dice, because we always roll attack and defense dice at the same time. We can't do that with this power...
Please forgive my ignorance here, GO, but how? I don't understand your comment.
Because the attacker has to roll dice first, so you can see how many skulls they rolled, before you can know how many defense dice to roll. You can't do that if you both roll simultaneously.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

OHHH! I think in your comment you attached it to a reword suggestion for Taking Down The Mob, so I unfortunately assumed you were talking about it. That's why I was confused.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library