Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 30th, 2020, 12:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

@BiggaBullfrog , put me and Dart48 down as a team.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 30th, 2020, 08:28 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

I will be attending this tourney with a possible +2. I may be able to convince my wife to come as well! We will see on that one though.
Old January 30th, 2020, 09:29 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@BiggaBullfrog , put me and Dart48 down as a team.
Awesome! Got you down and am excited you're making it again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
I will be attending this tourney with a possible +2. I may be able to convince my wife to come as well! We will see on that one though.
Hooray for the power of Valentine's Day!!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 1st, 2020, 02:13 AM

Wakeupimtheking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

My uncle Weston and his son my cousin Rylan know how to play and want to attend there first Utah monthly! you can put down Weston(maybe) Rylan(yes) team or I’ll take rylan on my team.
Old February 1st, 2020, 09:22 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Put @Saints_Wrath and I down as a team. Our team name is “Waddup Cuz”

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 1st, 2020, 12:29 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupimtheking View Post
My uncle Weston and his son my cousin Rylan know how to play and want to attend there first Utah monthly! you can put down Weston(maybe) Rylan(yes) team or I’ll take rylan on my team.
Awesome! We'd love to meet and see them! And no worries if teams shift as we get closer to the actual date since I'm just keeping a loose track to make it easier to get a gauge for how many maps we'll need. Just keep us updated as we get closer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Put @Saints_Wrath and I down as a team. Our team name is “Waddup Cuz”
Sweet! Love the team name!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 9th, 2020, 12:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Seeing Sir H's new format gave me an idea for a new format that could be fun. Strangely enough only one factor is the same as his: bringing multiple armies. This format could be played with whatever army size and figure limit you want so long as the armies a player brings dont include any of the same army cards. So here goes, I call this format:

Revolver
-Each player brings 2 armies.
-The armies may not include any of the same army cards
-The format is a regular swiss format
-Players start the tournament by choosing one of the two armies brought.
-When both players choose their army, they roll a 20 sided die. Highest player chooses who picks their army first.
-After playing a game, a player that won the match, must use his other army on his next match. If he did not win the match, he may choose which army he brings to the next match.

Old February 9th, 2020, 01:39 PM

So kind of a Bring 2 but with consequences on what army you can play based on if you win/lose? I could see something like that. In fact, I could see trying that out for our Jingle Bell Bash since that's been some variation of a Bring 2 or Pick Your Poison each time anyway.

Or heck, why not just go all the way and mix them? First round everyone plays Bring 2 - pick your own army. Then if you win, you start doing Pick Your Poison - pick your opponent's, and if you lose you keep getting to do Bring 2. May need some finessing, though, especially if we did it at a Jingle Bell Bash where we play 7 or 8 games. I do really like the simplicity of your Revolver format too, and could see using that one.

10 Points Under Videos

Old February 9th, 2020, 01:47 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
So kind of a Bring 2 but with consequences on what army you can play based on if you win/lose? I could see something like that. In fact, I could see trying that out for our Jingle Bell Bash since that's been some variation of a Bring 2 or Pick Your Poison each time anyway.

Or heck, why not just go all the way and mix them? First round everyone plays Bring 2 - pick your own army. Then if you win, you start doing Pick Your Poison - pick your opponent's, and if you lose you keep getting to do Bring 2. May need some finessing, though, especially if we did it at a Jingle Bell Bash where we play 7 or 8 games. I do really like the simplicity of your Revolver format too, and could see using that one.
Or even just making everyone swap every other game. Everyone could pick their first army on game 1 going off the 20 die roll, then they have to swap every other game. Or everyone brings their armies with a designated army 1 and army 2. That would take care of anyone trying to counter.

Old February 9th, 2020, 08:18 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Sounds interesting, but lets me it more unpredictable. As it is, you basically just switch armies every other game, unless you loose a lot.

Extreme Revolver:
Quote:
Each player brings 4 ~250 point armies. (adjusted so that 2 of them equal the desired max total)
• The armies may not include any of the same army cards
• The format is a regular swiss format
• Players start the tournament by choosing 2 of the 4 armies brought.
• When both players choose their army, they roll a 20 sided die. Highest player chooses who picks their army first.
• After playing a game, a player that won the match, cannot use the army with the most points left on the board, on his next match. If he did not win the match, he may choose which armies he brings to the next match.
Now your army is broken into 4 chunks, and you choose 2 of them each game, but the one that does the best, can't go on to the next game.
Old February 9th, 2020, 09:08 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Sounds interesting, but lets me it more unpredictable. As it is, you basically just switch armies every other game, unless you loose a lot.

Extreme Revolver:
Quote:
Each player brings 4 ~250 point armies. (adjusted so that 2 of them equal the desired max total)
• When both players choose their army, they roll a 20 sided die. Highest player chooses who picks their army first.
• After playing a game, a player that won the match, cannot use the army with the most points left on the board, on his next match. If he did not win the match, he may choose which armies he brings to the next match.
Now your army is broken into 4 chunks, and you choose 2 of them each game, but the one that does the best, can't go on to the next game.
Im liking this as well. To add to this conversation: if its a 4 round tourney, bring 4 different armies and have to use a different one each time. Im liking the different variants coming up here.

Old February 9th, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post

Extreme Revolver:
Quote:
Im liking this as well. To add to this conversation: if its a 4 round tourney, bring 4 different armies and have to use a different one each time. Im liking the different variants coming up here.
That's done at GenCon -- the 4x400. I've always kind of wanted to do that, but have held off suggesting it for a Utah Monthly format because I'm hesitant to require all of our casual players to bring 4 different 400 point armies.

I love that Extreme Revolver format and really want to do it with a small group sometime. I don't think it would be good for one of our Monthlies, though, because it's pretty complicated and I think it's a bit more involved than we should be aiming for since we often have young and/or new players showing up.

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events