Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:49 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Braxas

The Book of Braxas
Raknar's Vision - Heroes of Lindesfarme

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: On Icaria dragons are no rare thing; yet even in a world filled with these majestic and mighty beasts, Braxas is a legend.From her powerful maw flows a river of searing acid, eating its way through even the most finely-crafted armament. Her elongated body flies and twists through the air like a beautiful, dancing black ribbon of death. Even her dragon-kin both fear her and hate her. Few have survived an encounter with Braxas. The destroyed are fortunate, for the survivors wake from sleep screaming, night after night, pursued by phantom yellow eyes. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
POISONOUS ACID BREATH
Instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Braxas. One at a time, roll the 20‑sided die for each chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure and you roll an 8 or higher, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure and you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Braxas's movement, ignore elevations. Braxas may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Braxas starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirements
Do engagement rules apply to Poisonous Acid Breath?
No because Poisonous Acid Breath is not a Special Attack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirement Clarification
Remember, you can use special powers and abilities that affect ranged opponents while still engaged to other opponents. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
-GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Lizard King Bonding
As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, Braxas may benefit from the Greenscale Warrior's LIZARD KING BONDING activiation bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Braxas- Lessening the game of Squadscape, Braxas strikes fear in all high-cost squads, and stops Deathreavers in their tracks. A-

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 9 (21/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: vc added
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Braxas sure can be a devestating squad killer with that breath, though. Kinda like Grimnak with range on his Chomp (sure, you've gotta roll high enough for it, so it's not an auto kill like Chomp, but it's not too hard a roll to get)
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Braxas sure can be a devestating squad killer with that breath, though. Kinda like Grimnak with range on his Chomp (sure, you've gotta roll high enough for it, so it's not an auto kill like Chomp, but it's not too hard a roll to get)
It sure isn't hard to get. Statistically you're likely to lose 1-2 squad figures per attack which is why you have to keep your expensive and unique squads well away from her.
Her low def means she falls pretty quickly but her 8 life means you need either a few turns or a hard hitting squad/ hero. I usually use Aubriens or Jotun against my daughter's "Braxas of Evil." With a lucky frenzy or two they can make short work of her.
Old April 30th, 2007, 12:43 AM

TheEvilPenguin has disabled reputation
Braxas is like a Grimnak on crack. What better way to dispose of some unwanted Krav Maga Agents than a little death-puke? A quick note on the Deathwalkers, as I am a huge fan of them, DW7K is actually a medium sized character, so it should still work, unless it's like the acid skin, which wouldn't hurt any of the Soulborgs.

Braxas is real nasty for plugging away at squads, but with relatively low defense, a big, nasty hitter like Jotun, Drake, or Carr can have a field day with her. I'd really want to draft her with Raelin for support, but, then, you see Raelin always drafted with just about every group. Hell, I draft Raelin with DW9K(Much, much less chances for whiffs there). Still, I think Braxas has a great weakness in her lack of range attacks and low defense dice. It seems to me that if you got a few lucky rolls with the Krav Maga, or even just Syvarris, you'd pretty much have her beat. She's very powerful, but not powerful enough for me to recruit her.

TheEvilPenguin is the Krav...
in the MAROON CAVE...
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Ask PoF how hard it was for him to roll a 7 for Seduma! It was like for every 3 or 4 rolls, he would roll higher than 7. So just because the number is under 10, it doesn't mean it's very easy to roll higher than it. But still, Braxas is probably the number 1 squad killer out there since you can kill all or 75% of a squad from range! With flying and 6 move, she'll be able to get you easily, and with a high attack it's almost garunteed to kill or wound a figure. I don't own her, nor have I played against her, so everything I'm saying is a guess.
Also, if she's on height and takes up all of the heighted area(if you know what I mean) she can really hold her ground.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Heres a couple units that have some great synergy with Braxus. I usually look to draft these whenever I have Braxus in my army.

Deathreavers - These guys are great at tying up ranged units. Move them out early and lock up the dangerous range units and Braxus is free to use her breath on dangerous range squads. Even if they're able to kill the reavers she should have height and most of her life by then.

Finisher Units - Marro Warriors in particular. Braxus is good at tearing apart units and crippling them. While the Marro Warriors aren't great early they shouldn't have to much of a problem finishing off broken squads.

Grenade lobbyist
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
One unit not yet mentioned as great synergy for Braxas is Kelda. With such a high health Kelda is really worth it. Add in another cheap hero with decent health and good hits (Sgt. Drake anyone) and pile on the cheap squads.

You could still have up to 2 or 3 cheap squads to go with that 500 pt army.

A good hero killer (Drake). A good squad killer (Braxas). A healer to keep them both up. And lots of cannon fodder.

Kelda is your bait.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Braxas just had maybe the best game for me she ever has, all thanks to bad drafting. It was a two-on-two with me picking first, and both enemies went hero-heavy in an attempt to counter Braxas. Trouble was, they invested in Medium heroes (yum!) who get a lot of their value from loads of defense and defense boosts (acid breath doesn't care!). End result... Braxas melted a healthy Iron Man and healthy Captain America, plus two Microcorp Agents, plus put some wounds on new Raelin with normal attacks. Well over 500 points! And she survived until the end of the game, which she almost never does for me.

News flash: that anti-hero roll of 17+ x3 is nothing to joke about! Yes, she is known primarily as a squad-killer, but when you counter-draft Braxas, you're looking for size, not heroes! And especially not a Cap and Raelin configuration that tries to build up a million defense dice!

Just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now.
Old September 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM

quazaarman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Braxas

When my girlfriend drafts Braxas(most of the time), I counter draft her with Morsbane. My strategy in defeating Braxas is to engage a large heavy hitter next to her and try to negate her Poisonous Acid Breath and Flying abilities with Morsbane.

Draft Deathstalkers for engaging Braxas. These cannot be attacked with poisonous acid breath because they are large. Plus, wounding Braxas should be easy with 3 attacks of 3 against her defense of 3. Deathstalkers have a move of 7, so engaging Braxas should not be a problem.

Last edited by quazaarman; September 13th, 2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Maul does not affect Braxas!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for but here are 2 questions about Poison Acid Breath-
1) Does the range glyph work with it? I don't think so but, just to make sure...
2) Does the Glyph of Lodin work with Poison Acid Breath? I think so, but if the range glyph doesn't work, then why would Lodin? Again, sorry for and sorry if this has been asked before.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Sorry for but here are 2 questions about Poison Acid Breath-There is no necromancy with the Books; they are the right place for this sort of thing.
1) Does the range glyph work with it? I don't think so but, just to make sure...No
2) Does the Glyph of Lodin work with Poison Acid Breath? Yes I think so, but if the range glyph doesn't work, then why would Lodin? Because the Range Glyph is for Attacks, which Poisonous Acid Breath is not and Lodin is + 1 to all 20-sider rolls, which Poisonous Acid Breath uses.
Again, sorry for and sorry if this has been asked before.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've made a mental note for myself about using Braxas. If you are trying to playtest a map, don't use her.

In a game last night I saw her burn away about 7 microcorp, all of the krav, and a pretty decent bit of damage on Nilfheim. She really can pack a punch for her points when used well. In an army with three squads of deathreavers she becomes really potent. It's also great how she ignores things like stealth armor and high defense. She sure is pricy, but I love to use her!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units