Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 3rd, 2021, 01:28 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Special Event: Bring the VCheese #2 CONGRATS BOROMIR96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Of course a shout-out to heroscaper2010 for his build is probably in order. As I said on the discord I think there's a real hidden insight to that build. It's basically ignoring the whole orthodoxy of Arrow Gruts where you use swogs and build a base and try to turn them into a strong ranged squad that stays still.

Instead it's saying, essentially "oh, Quahon is good with 2/2 spiders? Well I can get 2 attack a lot with arrow gruts, and they're easier to keep in Raelin's aura. Let me just play Mimring and Arrow Gruts and treat the AGs like ranged spiders."

And you know... that kinda works. I think it would have worked even better at a lower point total.
This was basically my thought process. And yes, at a lower point total around 480-500 I can run 5x AGs, Mimring, Raelin, MWs, w/ or w/o Marcu and not have to drop an AG as I did here. That still stays a squad ahead of Spiders x4, Quahon, Raelin, MWs, w/ or w/o Marcu. Even as you go to lower totals, each of those armies lose squads correspondingly.

Swogs are awful, if anyone wants my honest opinion, and this event was my way of finally testing whether the AG Dragon build could be competitive. With Swogs, even Raelin backed, 5 defense whiffs a lot leaving them susceptible to range (I took advantage of this against vegie during OnlineCon with MRTs). 1-life doesn't help obviously. IMO they would be better served as Uncommons with 3-life but that road is long gone unfortunately. Nevertheless hard to successfully setup on most maps.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:35 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

GG Boromir! A really good game! Hopefully everyone sees the AGs and Mimring as yet another potent Dragon build moving forward. I’ll write more about why I picked this build later but for now I’ll say I’m happy to take 2nd place in a close game.

Statistically I’ll note quickly that your defense stats are skewed by rolling Dispatch. Regardless my 50% was the only thing that kept my bad Raelin in the game for so long.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:42 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
GG Boromir! A really good game! Hopefully everyone sees the AGs and Mimring as yet another potent Dragon build moving forward. I’ll write more about why I picked this build later but for now I’ll say I’m happy to take 2nd place in a close game.

Statistically I’ll note quickly that your defense stats are skewed by rolling Dispatch. Regardless my 50% was the only thing that kept my bad Raelin in the game for so long.
That’s a great point, I didn’t think about that. Makes it almost impossible to tell how I was actually rolling without going back and counting. Definitely felt poor at least in the early game, but the MW were rolling good def for a bit at the end.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events