Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Halls of Valhalla - Old Discussion Thread

Wow! I have ret-con 1st post - whee!

Well, this is the HSers Halls of Valhalla discussion thread (3rd incarnation of the Halls) - in it, custom unit afficionados nominate and discuss note-worthy customs efforts for possible induction into the Best Of thread.

If you have been following HS custom efforts for awhile, and think that a effort (card, rule, whatever) is worthy of being featured in a thread who's purpose is to spotlight the best customs this community has to offer, than go ahead and nominate the effort and make your case.

Nomination guidelines:
* The effort should do something noteworthy that makes it special. This could be a new ability, a new card template/layout, a new perspective, or combination of things that makes it better than a normal/average custom effort.
* Support your nomination. Don't just add it as a guess. You should know why you think it deserves a place in the Halls. Get that reason or reasons across to the people reading and discussing the unit. Don't make us do you work for you. Don't expect a lot of discussion if it (in the eyes of the judges) a sub-standard effort.
* Don't nominate your own effort.
Similarly, try to keep nepotism to a minimum - i.e., don't just nominate your friend's effort because he's your 'bud'.
* Don't go after the judges for their opinions about the efforts.
We have been giving fan-level analysis of customs for quite awhile now and we try our best to stay objective and judge the efforts on their own merits. Give the judges the benefit and respect of objectivity their judging efforts have earned.

So with those in mind, discuss away, customs fans!
Let's highlight some of those great customs works by some committed and passionate HS fans! Let's give credit where it's due, and share the appreciation of Heroscape, so that even the casual customs fan can go to one central area and sample some of the best that've been created (that rival the official units and better them in many opinions).
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Alright lets get the Halls back up and running. Do we need judges still I'll be happy to volunteer

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 11th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
The current judges we have should be more than enough, provided they all make it over to this site.
So, who wants to be the one to transfer the actual Halls over? Anyone?

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Web Wader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
The current judges we have should be more than enough, provided they all make it over to this site.
So, who wants to be the one to transfer the actual Halls over? Anyone?
I'll get on it

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Web Wader

I've uploaded The old inductees. What were the recently added units Are we able to stickie this and the display thread.

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I don't think I ever posted in the Halls, but I love looking at the cards there. I will be glad to have it back.

-Syv

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:20 AM

Porter235 has disabled reputation
Halls of Valhalla for VVV

OK, if I am going to recreate the units in the Halls, I will need to know more about a couple of the figures, namely the size of the bases for all of the figures (I'm looking at Talos, Echelon, and Azuk Sharptooth and assume that these figures are not single hex figures, but that the rest of them all) I also don't know if Talos will actually work with any level of ease within VVV but will give it a look once I know how big it is.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Halls of Valhalla for VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter235
OK, if I am going to recreate the units in the Halls, I will need to know more about a couple of the figures, namely the size of the bases for all of the figures (I'm looking at Talos, Echelon, and Azuk Sharptooth and assume that these figures are not single hex figures, but that the rest of them all) I also don't know if Talos will actually work with any level of ease within VVV but will give it a look once I know how big it is.
Echelon is double Azuk too. Talso was on two diffrent hexes but his legs straddled a third :P Not sure how you would do that.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Halls of Valhalla for VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter235
Echelon is double Azuk too. Talso was on two diffrent hexes but his legs straddled a third :P Not sure how you would do that.
Talos 8" was comfy on 2 spaces.

Talos 12" takes 3 spaces. One empty in the middle. Talos 12" is supreme in my opinion. He's just that much bigger. I did the old boiling techinque and was able to close the gap. Talos 12" can be successfully glued to a 2-space HS base with the boil method!
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Glad to see my Bodvär in the Halls again.

Who are the Judges here? I think that should be clarified as should the process. Here I go stirring up trouble....

I think that the community should post nominees to a nomination thread. The judges give a yes or no. (I'm not even sure that they shouldn't do this with PMs.)

I think that there is a fine line in how much discussion there should be in the nomination thread about percieved problems with the card. The Judges should say (yes or no), (yes, with minor fixes), or (no, not even with minor fixes)

I think at HQ the discussions got out of hand...

I think that Army Cards from any site are fair game...

I will look for cards to nominate...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage

I think at HQ the discussions got out of hand...
Can you clarify this? I personally don't see what's wrong with the way things were done back in HQ.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Considering this is a new site, shouldn't the old figures get a quick re-check before induction? I feel some things that were acceptable at the time might seem annoying by now, especially in lighht of new published units...

I mostly note the Kami Presence power affecting Akikawa herself, the wording on Talos' Bronze Body, and typos in Azuk's powers, but there might be others.

Note that the picture of Talos on the HS board is almost a requirement for understanding why he's so obviously a well-deserved first inductee.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards