Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Halls of Valhalla Judge Nominations

This isnt in the main HoV discussion thread because apparently no-one goes there anymore.

Please answer the following questions.

1) Do you think the Halls should continue to exist, in some form or other?

2) Is there anyone, including yourself, who you feel is able to be a HoV judge?

Being able means: A very good understanding of Heroscaps mechanics and rules. A fair personality. Able to devote a reasonable amount of time to the custom forum, and thus, the Halls of Valhalla.

Please nominate people, whether you think they'd be interested or not. Try and give a short description reasoning why. Lets try and have some nominations by the weekend (2nd December).

If you are nominated and unequivocally do not want to be a Hall's judge (or cant), please state.

Anyone is fair game unless they explicitly say so.

I will contact popular nominations.

When a decent amount of nom's are had, then discussion on a review of the Halls can beging; but getting judges is the first step.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 28th, 2006, 05:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
1) I definaately think the Halls should continue to exist. They are a showcase for the custom that have been proven to be very unique and influential to others.

2)I don't know what his time schedule is like, but I think an obvious choice for judge is Netherspirit, of course he makes customs that could be nominated so I don't know how that would pan out.

Old November 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Unfortunately, everyone I can think of who would be qualified would probably turn down a nomination for reasons of time and/or interest... or are no longer at this site... *coughcough*
Still, though, I think the Halls serve a very needed purpose. The Barracks has not replaced the Halls... the Barracks is just for customs that meet the minimum requirements of non-brokenness, but the Halls are for customs that make people really sit up and go 'Wow.' We need the Halls. It's a hard job, and (speaking as a former judge) we never get as many nominations as we'd like from sources outside the small circle of oldbies... but still, it's needed.
That's all I've got to say for now.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, I think the halls need to get back up. I think the halls fills an important niche, but the nominations did seem few and far between, and I guess they should've, since it's supposed to be the best of the best.

As far as judge nominations, I don't know if they have the time or not, but I'd like to see:

H_E_H: He's friendly, knows the game, and is regularly involved here. I don't know about his time, however. He seems to post everywhere fairly regularly.

nether: Obvious reasons.

Euryon: Friendly guy with a love for these fourms and a knowledge of customs and the game.

I'd also like to see someone like Ninthdoc, NWO, RY, UPC, Cornpuff, or other non-custom regular, someone from the outside that has a great knowledge of Heroscape. There are several other people who could fill ths bill, but these guys came to mind.

smallboxgames.com
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
I know I don't say much in the customs area, mainly because I can't find the time, but I definitely think the Halls needs to continue. Keep up the good work guys!

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn

H_E_H: He's friendly, knows the game, and is regularly involved here. I don't know about his time, however. He seems to post everywhere fairly regularly.

That can be a detrimental thing, JJ.
Thanks but no thanks. I'm pretty bad about thoroughly reading posts (just ask Ketch, Rev, and Mal). Lengthy discussions on customs loses my interest pretty fast (think ADD ). Thanks for the thought, but no thanks, JJ.

I'll nominate Lilnewbie - very good understanding of the game mechanics, level-headed, earnest, a custom fan himself, and recently freed from his captors!
He's perfect!
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I have a suggestion, How about someone redo the viewing thread and that person update it so we only have 1 post and keep the thread tidy. I have most of the text from when I posted it back in May. If wanted I could maintain the thread.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old November 28th, 2006, 09:37 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Yes, the Halls should continue to exist.

As for nominations, Euryon, justjohn, Lilnewbie, netherspirit, Doc_Savage. Just to throw some names out there.

EDIT: I knew I would forget someone. Added Doc_Savage.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Chaos, you'd be a great judge too, as would LilNewbie.

I guess the question is, finding the 3 that could dedicate the most time and work the best together?

I don't want it to sound like it's a ball 'n chain attached to the judge's ankles, but I'd like to see 3 people who can all communicate on a single point within, say, 24 hours? Is that reasonable?

smallboxgames.com
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
I have the time to do it, I think, so thanks for the nom's guys.

I think Archon Shiva ought to be included somehow, whether as a judge or a consultant in the "review" process.

Also;
Justjohn: Knows his stuff. Long time member. Friendly. Bonus: He's a mod so can update stuff easily.
Netherspirit: Well, same as JJ actually.
I'd say Hex, but he's pulled himself out.
Lilnewbie: Same as above, minus mod capacity.

Also, might be worth suggesting now that 3 judges might be worth reviewing now? A panel of 5 who need 3 "ayes" is probably going to be more functional than 3, right? I think it needs to be an odd number, either way.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
I have not been here very long, and I am pretty bad at critically looking at things. Most of the time I like almost everything I see in the custom area.. That being said, I have read a lot of the threads on this site, and I have noticed a few who are full of ideas, insight, critical reviews and encouragement for others. I think anyone of those members would make excellent judges.

Euryon, HEH, Netherspirit, LilNewbie, ChaosChild, Karkadin, JustJohn, JCB231,
ChaosChild, DocSavage.

Also, The posts in the Halls discussion thread by Archon Shiva are full of insightful comments and suggestions. Although Archon Shiva rarely comments on others customs, within the Halls Shiva’s critical eye helped the Halls keep the upper echelon of customs.

Anyone I have mentioned IMHO would make a good judge for the renewed Halls.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 29th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the nomination and I agree with the following nominations:

Euryon
HEH
Netherspirit
ChaosChild
Karkadinn
JustJohn
DocSavage
ArchonShiva
InfinityMax
GrungeBob

I think the halls should continue and would be glad and honored to help out anyway possible. The Halls is a repository of high-quality fan created units and reflect how customizable HS can be and the creative epitome of has fandom.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards