Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which story do you like best? (Please read ALL stories before voting!)
Murfee's War 4 11.43%
The Dead Queen's Curse 4 11.43%
Soulborg Ridge 1 2.86%
Some Gave All 1 2.86%
Just Another Day in the Corp 2 5.71%
Maternal Legacy 4 11.43%
A Routine Patrol 1 2.86%
Life on the Line 7 20.00%
McCreech's March 3 8.57%
Utgar's Might 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I'll echo Kark et al, A Routine Patrol was awesome. Ninjas man...yeah!
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:29 AM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
I liked the imagery in 'The Dead Queen's Curse.'
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I"ve been meaning to read more fan fiction - especially the ones in this thread - but R/L always bogs me down for time. I'll try some tonight.
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Took me long enough, but I finished reading. Whoever wrote Maternal Legacy, you're a damned fine writer. You should spend your time writing other stuff, because you have a knack for it. That's a really good story.
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrma
Funny, it seems that more people have voted (27) than have downloaded some of these stories - 20 in the case of a couple of them I've re-checked today. Maybe members are sharing copies....
It was also funny watching when and how fast certain votes appeared.
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:01 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Wow. Yeah. Ok.
This might have gotten ugly.

There's been concern raised privately by a couple of different people at this point about some issues regarding this contest. I'm mulling some stuff over right now, but I have to head to work.

I'll check back in later.

[This is NOT cool]
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This post was not appropriate, and I apologize for writing it. I'm taking it out now.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:03 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

Err....well, ok.
Since the cat is out of the bag...

I do find it strongly suspicious that at the 11th hour (literally) before voting might end (midnight last night), five consecutive votes rolled in for Utgar's Might. I'm not going to outright call that author a cheater, but it's relatively clear to me that the person probably solicited his buddies to throw votes his way at the last minute. But I'm not totally convinced of that.

It's unfortunate that it's come down to this. Before accusations get tossed IMax's way, I want to be clear that we're not the only ones who suspect that the integrity of this vote has been compromised. This is NOT a case of IMax being a sore loser. It's simply based on the fact that way too many consecutive votes rolled in at the last minute -- and they rolled in for a story that otherwise didn't really see any voting or discussion action going on before that point. Add in the fact that FAR fewer story downloads happened than votes cast, and it just increases the suspicion.

I'm still not sure what to do here. Give me a bit to think about some options...

Sorry it's come to this guys. I really hoped that this type of thing would not happen. Again, I'm not calling anyone here a cheater. However, there's clearly been some unusual irregularities, so I need to think of how this will impact the contest.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I gotta agree that it's suspicious, at best.

I won't be as blunt as IMax there, but out of the top five vote-getters, I could see any of the other four winning in a fair vote, but not... that one.

I hope it's settled soon. There's been some comments made about the story I wrote, and I'm looking forward to responding to them.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
Have a Verbal revote.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:42 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

Well, the poll is still open, so the very earliest this thing will get settled is after the poll closes -- which is starting to look like midnight tonight.
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Man Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokshilaTo
Have a Verbal revote.
Great solution. Three day vote-off between Life on the Line, Dead Queen's Curse, Maternal Legacy, and Utgar's Might. No poll - just state your decision. Any voter with less than 25 posts is not allowed to vote. Authors of those four stories are not allowed to vote.

Heck, Al Gore wanted a recount when he suspected election tampering. If it's good enough for the Vice President of the United States, it's good enough for me.

I apologize for being overly blunt. I'm not always very diplomatic. <The rest of this wasn't necessary, either.>

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games