Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker
The Range

Ever go to the range?
How did you do?

(All headshots were intensional)

I went a few days ago. It was really fun. Most of these were are 15 feet. It seems a lot easier when you are just watching but its harder once you start shooting.

Old April 8th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: The Range

I used to work for a company that made ranges. I went to a few that they were installing. Never used one.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

I enjoy going to the range very much. It is very relaxing and something that I am naturally quite good at for some reason?

What were you using? 22? 45?

On a related note, a friend of mine is buying a house that has a three car garage with attic space above it. He is honestly considering making it into his own private pistol / archery range.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Man, Karl, from 15 feet you need to put them all in the sweet spot. Chances are you're gripping the pistol too tight, and you need to squeeze your whole hand, not jerk the trigger.

The size of the holes looks to be a .40 or .38, no?

I go to the range at least once a month. I shoot 7 different pistols, although I bring 2 at a time so I'm not spending weeks cleaning them.

I shoot .32, .380, 9mm, 9x18, 7.62x25, 40, and 45.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Personally I would consider anything outside the 9 a miss inside 25 feet. That was why wondering what he was using.

Also, my personal favorite is a 40. But I enjoy the 22 also just because you can shoot that puppy all day long for nothing!!

Bannister

Old April 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm also under the impression that it was Karl's first time, and maybe he'll keep them all within the 9 with a bit of experience.

I've never done a range.
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM

I was under the impression he wanted to know how we did if we went to the range.

Bannister

Old April 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

In that case....

YES, I go to the range

I paint smilies on the faces of the targets out to the back of the range, which is generally 75 feet or so. I've been shooting for 20 years, and I can guarantee you that you will get better with practice.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

[quote=Bannister;791793
What were you using? 22? 45?
[/quote]

Mostly a 22, and yes it as my first time. The farthest out was 25 yards, or 75 feet for those of you who can't do math. I got one red from 25 yards, you can't see anything from that far out though.

Old April 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM

That's cool. Fly guy is right, keep it up you will improve. It is a very relaxing hobby.

Bannister

Old April 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM

If you get to go out in the sticks ever, go buy a box of Shooting Clays. You can run around all over the place in your area, place a couple on the ground and then run back to your shooting stand. They explode, even with a 22 hit, so you can see the actual 'event' when you hit them - pretty exciting.

Tips:

1. SAFETY FIRST. I have a good friend who shot himself in the face last year with a Glock 36. Killed right in front of his girlfriend. He forgot the rules. Don't you EVER forget to respect the weapon.
*Finger NEVER EVER EVER goes in the triggerguard until you are 2 seconds from firing. EVER.
*Don't muzzle anyone, EVER. It's rude, dangerous and might get your ass kicked. In other words, NEVER point any gun, loaded or not, toward anyone or anything that doesn't need killing.
*NEVER hand someone a gun that has a bullet in the chamber. EVER. This is a "Shooter No-No" that will result in someone getting shot accidentally.
*ALWAYS check the chamber before ANYTHING ELSE when you pick up or are handed a gun. Even if you see someone unload it RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Always Check. This prevents people getting shot, and it's good to get into the habit.
*WEAR EARPLUGS. You will, I guarantee, lose hearing if you don't. I am that guy. I went out and cut a tree down with an AK-47 without plugs in. I couldn't hear anything but "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for about 2 days, and now (thankfully) my wife is harder to hear. Be sensible.
*Wear tight shirts when shooting. This is because there is almost nothing that hurts like hot spent casings flying down your shirt-neck and sizzling your nipple. Or Worse.

2. Squeeze your WHOLE HAND, like you're shaking hands with someone. The finger activating the trigger is incidental to the squeeze.

3. Before taking a shot, inhale smoothly and deeply, and when lining up the shot, hold your breath. This stops the 'landlubber effect' of the sights moving up and down with your breahing.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Superfly is going to say something about this but...As far as pistols go, I only shoot a .40 Glock. This is the weapon of choice for the California Department of Fish and Game. Accurate and very reliable.

What I would love to try is...ohhhhohohoho, .50 goodness.

The 10 Commandments Of Firearm Safety

1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
2. Always be aware of where the gunís muzzle is pointed.
3. Unload guns when not in use.
4. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions.
5. Be sure of your target before you pull the trigger.
6. Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
7. Never climb a tree or fence or jump a ditch with a loaded firearm.
8. Never shoot a bullet at a flat, hard surface or water.
9. Store guns and ammunition separately.
10. Avoid alcoholic beverages before and during shooting

Last edited by J4Jandar; April 9th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General