Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Melee Vs Range

My wife and I have been testing our armies out for the Nebraska Skirmish. Here's a game we just had that I enjoyed while she wasn't exactly thrilled with it.

Wife 440 range:
Q10
Krav
Izumi
Syvarris
Guilty

Me 530 Melee:
TKN
Grubs x2
Krug
Minions
Marcu

We played Beyond the Grave with this start zone:

We had the Summoning Glyph and Wound Glyph in the center of the Graveyard.

Round 1:
I win the initiative and move Krug. My wife moves Q10 and tries a shot at a Mininon who is able to block. I move my minions into the grave and sit them on some height. My wife then moves her Krav, but everything is still out of range for her. For my final turn I think hard about engaging Q10 with all 3 but he would have had height on 2 of them. So I opt for the Wound Glyph. My wife move her Izumi up. At the end of the round I roll for the Wound Glyph and she decides to kill an Izumi.

Round 2:
My wife gets the initiative and moves Q10. She's still out of range for her Special and the minion blocks hes single shot. For my first turn I move 2 Minions up on height and the third steps on the Summoning Glyph and calls Syvarris into battle. The first Minion rolls 1 skull and Syvarris rolls no shields. Second Minion rolls 2 skulls and again Syvarris fails to roll a single shield and dies. My wife, now in total fear of my Minions, send her Krav running away. They take a couple shots at Marcu and inflict 2 wounds. My turn 2 I move my Minions up to engage Q10. He dies to the same horrible dice rolls that Syvarris had. I also kill another Izumi. My wifes third turn was with Q10 and my final turn I move Krug up.

Wife is not happy at this point. Since we hear the kid waking up we just call it quits. So I win with only 2 wounds on Marcu as my only loss. While the Minions did well over 200 points worth of damage.

I've been debating about dropping Krug and Marcu and adding another set of Minions and Eldgrim. Any thoughts on this? Also my wife would like some tips for her army. She just can't seem to beat any army with TKN or Grimnak. She's pretty set on having Krav, Q10 and Izumi.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Melee Vs Range

Minions can be deadly, especially if you're attacking from height and rolling well. My fear about using them on NHSD, however, is that you will probably be facing lots of range armies used by players who will use your move of 4 against you. I know if I was facing you, I'd normally shoot at you when I felt safe, meaning outside your 4 hex move. 4th Mass and 10 Reg armies, which will be common sights on Saturday, can accomplish this with their range of 6. Stingers, not so much, but Stinger Drain can help them hit harder.

Longer range hitters, like the Majors, are even worse. I've seen myself whiff on my 6 defense die too often.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:06 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

She should try the Nakitas and Q9

Boise ID Scaper
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If your wife can't beat Torky, maybe, like roostertail9000 said, bring along Q9, or maybe 8000 to take out the Grubs. Jotun does pretty well engaging Torky and holding him so that he can't get at the Izumi, as the Stompinnator wrecks any samurai squad.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Minions can be deadly, especially if you're attacking from height and rolling well. My fear about using them on NHSD, however, is that you will probably be facing lots of range armies used by players who will use your move of 4 against you. I know if I was facing you, I'd normally shoot at you when I felt safe, meaning outside your 4 hex move. 4th Mass and 10 Reg armies, which will be common sights on Saturday, can accomplish this with their range of 6. Stingers, not so much, but Stinger Drain can help them hit harder.

Longer range hitters, like the Majors, are even worse. I've seen myself whiff on my 6 defense die too often.
The Minions are ESPECIALLY susceptible to the Warriors of Ashra. This afternoon I played 3 games fielding 2 cards of WOA on one and 3 cards on the other and I decimated 3-4 squads of Minions.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I usually prefer range over melee because it's fun to kill of your opponent before his figures can even reach you.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby!

Range is deffinately better but it is good to have at least 1 melee squad or hero for come cleanup

Ex.) Carr, X17, Charos, Drake (rotv), Zombies, WoA, ect...

Last edited by Vydar is the man; October 17th, 2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Forgot the squads
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Range is deffinately better but it is good to have at least 1 melee squad or hero for come cleanup

Ex.) Carr, X17, Charos, Drake (rotv), Zombies, WoA, ect...
I prefer Carr because he is also a ranged figure too, which can be useful depending on what your opponent has or if you have height.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports