Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rules Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
your'e darn tootin
"You're darn tootin"??? Who uses that? I don't know this guy!
...I hates that rabbit
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and thank the rules team for all its work.

I hope they realized they would get a lot of flack for starting this MUCH NEEDED thread, and I hope they keep up the great work.
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Rules team:

When responding to the ramblings of some who would try to usurp or otherwise challenge the awesome power and responsibility that you've taken up the mantle on, remember this:

"If I wanted the opinion of an ass, I'd have farted."

The truly humorous part to all of this is that the FAQs, rules errata, and other amendments to the muddled ruleset that has evolved over the years have been generated in the background, hidden from prying eyes and egos, and nobody has complained.

Now that you've come out of the closet I find it quite amusing that some would begin to critque your methods. At the end of the day, I suspect that these opinions are being put out for the glory of somehow being a part of the process rather than to enhance the process.

All I have to say on the matter is that you've done fine work, have kept the game unbroken since '04 or so, and have done so without outside influences or assistance, which truly is the measure of your successes. Carry on, and don't worry about the "flak" as Kroc put it - it's like a gnat on a dog's butt - slightly distracting but easily dismissed.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
This is addressed to anyone who is not having fun playing this game or any game.

If you spend more time bitching about a game than playing them you're not having any fun and its time to move on to either another game or another hobby.
That's an unfortunate opinion. I hope you'll stick around playing this HeroScape game, ElvenEnvy. And if you want to spend time trying to understand the rules then that's quite alright. I spend far more time marveling over the simplicity and depth of the ruleset than I spend playing, and I am still having loads of fun.
Yes, but "marveling" is completely not the same as "b!tching."

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I was reading that too, and stifling a laugh...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...archid=1156884

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; July 16th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Quote:
This is addressed to anyone who is not having fun playing this game or any game.

If you spend more time bitching about a game than playing them you're not having any fun and its time to move on to either another game or another hobby.
That's an unfortunate opinion. I hope you'll stick around playing this HeroScape game, ElvenEnvy. And if you want to spend time trying to understand the rules then that's quite alright. I spend far more time marveling over the simplicity and depth of the ruleset than I spend playing, and I am still having loads of fun.
I'm lost....how is that an unfortunate opinion?
  1. It was not directed ant anyone in particular
  2. I cannot see how anyone can get enjoyment out of any game by complaining about it. If you don't get joy from playing then don't play it.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm lost....how is that an unfortunate opinion?
  1. It was not directed ant anyone in particular
  2. I cannot see how anyone can get enjoyment out of any game by complaining about it. If you don't get joy from playing then don't play it.
It felt to me that your comments like were directed at all those that enjoy the game in a different way than you do. Whether or not what ElvenEnvy did was complaining is debatable. I took most of it as an attempt at constructive critisism, mixed with a bit of ignorance.

Regardless, I want as many people to play buy HeroScape as possible, for whatever their reasons are, so that it keeps being made. From that perspective, advising anyone to start playing a different game is unfortunate.

I realize I am clogging the rules thread with (to the rules thread) irrelevant chatter and I apologize...
If one of you admin guys can throw this whole topic, that may or may not have some merrit on it's own, in it's wn thread somewhere that would be good!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
It felt to me that your comments like were directed at all those that enjoy the game in a different way than you do. Whether or not what ElvenEnvy did was complaining is debatable. I took most of it as an attempt at constructive critisism, mixed with a bit of ignorance.
You're right, my comment was directed at anyone and everyone who enjoys the game differently than me. I enjoy games by playing them and having fun. Nitpicking over rules is not my bag baby. By all means if you want to spend a lot of coin just to complain about something be my guest. Personally I've got better things to do with my time and my money.

It should also be noted that it is much easier to tear something down than it is to build it up and make it better. It takes much more hard work, but the reward is much more satisfying.

PLH

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You're right
I knew it!

Quote:
By all means if you want to spend a lot of coin just to complain about something be my guest. Personally I've got better things to do with my time and my money.

It should also be noted that it is much easier to tear something down than it is to build it up and make it better. It takes much more hard work, but the reward is much more satisfying.
Man, I completely misjudged that. I did not realize ElvenEnvy was spending lots of coin and time on single-handedly taking down HeroScape! He must be stopped! And he sounded so sincere in his apology earlier in this thread. That's what I get for believing that people are inherently good...

Bad ElvenEnvy!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old July 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM

It's about the glory hounds. It's Mr. "I want to throw my 2c in so that I may be heard so I can tell everyone I was part of the decisionmaking process because my life is SO F'ING MUNDANE" that bugs me. People that continually complain about a ruling thinking anyone but them cares about their opinion. It's the people that spend more time Theoryscaping on a forum than REALSCAPING with their friends (although it's debatable that these FTs actually may indeed have friends other than their fist and a darkened room with an internet connection) that need to realize that their opinion amounts to a gnat on a dog's ass and STFU, get on with the game and go back to posting in the "General Forum" about how they think people that eat veal are murdering cowards so they can feel that they're making a difference instead of LIVING LIFE.

/END RANT.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey everybody. From now on if you have a question that requires the rules team just PM it to us. We will post it here and answer it here.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A question about Poftka was sent to the rules team. Here is the answer:

Quote:
Can you summon a figure off a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can you throw a figure off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can Tul-Bak-Ra Teleport off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a friendly figure is adjacent to him.

Can you carry a figure off of a pit trap? YES. Because you are choosing the pit trapped figure when the carrying (friendly) figure is adjacent.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's