Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 4th, 2021, 07:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm with that change as well.
I missed the species change as well but I'm happy with the updated version. Excitedly up vote to review.

Can't wait to field find as a hunting dog.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 5th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

With the re-upvotes, the Wulfing Hunters officially move forward.
Old March 9th, 2021, 05:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Soontir Van by @Arch-vile

Balance- Are the points correct?
Soontir is an interesting unit from a balance perspective. As @infectedsloth pointed out to me when we playtested him together, he is not the best Mariedian unit, but the best Maridian armies probably include him because his value in helping them gain board control is so high. He is decent in cleanup, where he will see a lot of use: his abilities are so passive that he will rarely draw fire before endgame. In that role he's a bit of a middle man between Arkmer and Brave Arrow, albeit with perhaps better survivability. He can fill a cleanup role in a non-Mariedian army in a pinch as well, following the example set by his predecessors Jarek Guy and Rendar Fy in terms of versatility.
Overall I would say the points are correct and he is a well balanced addition to the game.

Playability-
On the right map, he makes a big difference camped in the right spot on the start zone. With all the Mariedians in the army, it becomes a little harder to justify moving him with Guerilla Tactics, so he sometimes sees less use in those armies after the early game development. But that is fine, since his impact on that development is very valuable to the army, and as I mentioned before he is effective in cleanup.

Powers: Are the powers clear and understandable?
Exosuit is a retread and easily understandable. Mariedian Move Enhancement is delightfully simple to parse and understand, while bringing some nuance to positioning and army development.

Appropriate Stats: Are its master stats appropriate?
The master stats fit with the mini and the other Mariedians.

Visual Distinctness: Is it visually distinct from pre-existing units?
The Soontir Van mini stands out nicely alongside the other Mareidians, resembling some of the Mariedian heroes we've seen before (like Jarek Guy) while still being distinct.

Creativity- Does it add something new to the game?
He's a creative way to do a buffing cheerleader. I look forward to seeing other designs play in this kind of space, although I think the synergy with the Mariedians is a big part of what makes it work so well.

Theme- Does it fit in the HS universe?
Soontir Van fits alongside the other Mariedians and existing Heroscape units nicely.

--

I am a firm for Soontir Van.

--

I want to offer an apology to Arch Vile, the SoV Judges, and the broader community of SoV users. My testing took me longer than it should have on this unit, and even once I finished it *months ago* it took me way too long to get this review put together. Circumstances have made recent months very difficult for me, but that is no excuse for taking so long to put together such a straightforward piece of writing.

On that note, I am stepping down as an SoV Judge. I hope that at some time in the future I will again be capable of filling the role effectively and can perhaps re-earn the right to serve the community in that capacity. But for now, I am only holding back the process.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 10th, 2021, 11:45 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I am happy to announce that Soontir Van has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, BiggaBullfrog, superfrog, and capsocrates) and moves forward in the process.

I am less happy to bid farewell to capsocrates as an SoV Judge. Your contributions to the project have been greatly appreciated.
Old March 10th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, @capsocrates . You were, as an SoV judge, always a fierce advocate for keeping the standards high. Enjoy your retirement!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 10th, 2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You were, as an SoV judge, always a fierce advocate for keeping the standards high.
In other words, caps had the lowest Yea induction vote rate of any Judge ever (only 4 Yea's out of 17 reviews). Even lower than yours, D_S (4 Yea's out of 12).
Old March 10th, 2021, 12:22 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats to Arch Vile for moving forward. Sad to see Capsocrates step down, he has a lot of great things to say about customs and I've learned easily from his posts. Involvement here will be missed.
Old March 10th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You were, as an SoV judge, always a fierce advocate for keeping the standards high.
In other words, caps had the lowest Yea induction vote rate of any Judge ever (only 4 Yea's out of 17 reviews). Even lower than yours, D_S (4 Yea's out of 12).
I knew I liked the guy!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 10th, 2021, 06:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My parting advice, of course, is 1) make sure not to let the defense value on your customs creep too high, and 2) when in doubt: vote !

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 11th, 2021, 12:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My parting advice, of course, is 1) make sure not to let the defense value on your customs creep too high, and 2) when in doubt: vote !

And if the defense is 1, drop it to 0!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 11th, 2021, 12:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

0 factorial is 1, silly.
Old March 11th, 2021, 02:15 PM

I'm pleased to announce @vegietarian18 is returning as an SoV Judge. Welcome back to the team!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs