Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old August 12th, 2014, 03:37 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gen Con 2014 Events are up!!!!!!

Hah! Shooting yourself in the foot hurts.

On another note, if I survive day 1, it's a clean sweep for day 2.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old August 12th, 2014, 05:25 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I've finally settled on a few, but have a few more to go as well! (Let's see, 6 of 9 here.)
. . . and you wonder why you're the only Kentucky guy with no dice.
Ya see...this is the kind of post you give +rep for!

Old August 12th, 2014, 07:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I've finally settled on a few, but have a few more to go as well! (Let's see, 6 of 9 here.)
. . . and you wonder why you're the only Kentucky guy with no dice.
Ya see...this is the kind of post you give +rep for!
I've won events before picking my army at the last minute, so maybe you all should actually be really scared this year.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:12 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Getting our armies ready right now. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.

Last edited by nicktheant; August 13th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old August 14th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally decided on my army for War of the Worlds (went with Alpha Prime = Q9+Q10+Zettians).

But still trying to decide on fourth army for 4x4 - have the first three set, but can't decide on the fourth. It's between two - one is probably a "better" army, but the other is a "funner" army. Will probably go with the "funner", but will take both and probably not decided until the event starts.

4x4:
1) Zelrig + Braxis
2) Grok Riders x2 + the 2 Marro Warlords
3) Quasatch x4
4a) Granite x4
4b) Zombies x3 + Cyprien + Sonya + Marcu

Yeah, probably won't win the 4x4 with those armies (may not even win a game), but they should be fun to play.
Old August 17th, 2014, 09:07 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Got home a little while ago and wanted to say what an absolute blast I had at GenCon. It was great hanging out with all of you. I got beat by a lot of great players.

It was my wife's first GenCon. She didn't hang out at Heroscapers a whole lot, but she loved the event as a whole.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I had a blast playing with and meeting Heroscapers in both official and unofficial events. Heroscape aside, I got to beat @dok , @Xorlof , and my driving buddy at Love Letter; lose to dok at King of Tokyo (along with Xorlof, my driving buddy, and an assortment of @infectedsloth and company); lose King of Tokyo to either @Major Q23 or @Unseen Shadowz ; beat infectedsloth in his introductory game of Star Realms; lose and win at Bananagrams multiple times (mostly with infectedsloth, UnseenShadowz, Major Q23, and ISB3); and suck terribly at Sherriff of Nottingham (with the previously mentioned people).

--

My overall Heroscape event record was 8-9. I was 2-2 in every event I played except the main one, where I was 2-3. Overall a thoroughly mediocre performance, although all 3 of my main event losses were to dice holders (ISB3, Hendal, and dok, in that order) so I can't feel too terrible about them.

EDIT: I also got to meet @Grishnakh and try his metropolis map with his Supers customs. That was pretty awesome.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Apparently Gen Con took a picture of @vminer and me and it's on their FB page. I was teaching vminer how to play the Vipers. I'm the person in the main frame of the picture.

Matthias Maccabus and his crew: Another great job at running Heroscape at GenCon. Thank you!
Old August 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool MS. You might be in the catalog next year.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con