Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 29th, 2020, 03:57 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Post Rathalla & Cyber Rats - 3D Printable Customs!!!

Rats, We're Rats, We're the Rats

Welcome to Rathalla.
This project was inspired by 3d printing, rats, and custom creation.
All model rights and respect given to the model creators.

RATHALLA - Skara
Spoiler Alert!

SPACE RATS - Soril
Spoiler Alert!

Downloadable File:
3D Print files of all Figures

Top downs for OHS.

Recent Updates~~~~: 1/3
+5 points T.Z. Added Combined strike and Stealthy 2.

Previous Updates~~~~:
Spoiler Alert!

I hope that you find some inspiration from these designs or even decide to add some to your personal collection. As always, pointers are welcomed.

Some models are delicate to print with thinner parts. This projects started out with FDM printing but has evolved to Resin. Most cards have been getting updated to the higher quality resin models. A resin printer is highly preferred and allows incredible detail on these models. Printing does require experience in slicing (print settings) because of edges and small parts. I've attached a list in the download with my recommended scaling percentages and have also removed bases from problematic models.

I don't know much about Warhammer and the Skaven race, but learned after starting these that that's where many of the designs come from. I do playtests occasionally resulting in updates.

Thanks for your viewing support,
Tristan P

In loving memory of these guys
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; July 10th, 2023 at 08:18 AM.
Old September 29th, 2020, 06:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Rat Faction Customs 3D Print Expansion (Cards + File Pac

I hope to come back and look at these more in-depth soon but I did go through and update all your images to be full resolution

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 30th, 2020, 03:10 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Red face Re: Rat Faction Customs 3D Print Expansion (Cards + File Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I hope to come back and look at these more in-depth soon but I did go through and update all your images to be full resolution

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for the tip and doing that. Looks much better!

These haven't been play tested yet since it's taken so long to print them all, but will soon. Their cards have been revisited many times however. Just a few more changes needed.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; October 1st, 2020 at 02:22 AM.
Old September 25th, 2021, 03:57 PM

Re: Rat Faction 9/22/21 (3D Print Expansion (Cards + File Pa

This thread has gone further under surface with time and since then, I've done a number of considerable updates to the point I find it worth bringing back up.

Recently, I've bundled together a bunch more models which inspired some fun new additions to be added, especially for the cyber rats which could use some.

Here is a sneak image of the models I am looking to use! Some are a single figure of what will be a squad.

What we're looking at::
Banner Wielder model replacement

Rat Rider Warlord
Rat Hornblower
Rat Slave Drivers (whips), Flailers, Trappers, Dual Macers
Flag Bearer

Doom Flayer Rat Mechs
Gas Grenade rats with swords
Sniper fire backup
Machine gunners and Grenadiers
Sal Two (shotgunner)
Cyber rat claws hero
Scientist overlord/warlord cyber rat
More gas rats with another hero

Basic Rat Hero
Rat Wolves hybrid squad

Prototype cards have begun. Going to start printing these to see how they fit size-wise.
Besides that, I'm hoping to fix any current models in terms of base removing and scaling to make it easier for anyone who wants to make these. This project has been a lot of fun, although maybe a bit out of hand. Will keep working on it to the point of satisfaction.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; September 26th, 2021 at 07:00 PM.
Old September 25th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Rat Faction 3D Print Expansion (Cards & Models)

I somehow missed this when it was originally posted. So many rats. There's so many rats you made a new general and there were enough units to catch up to the other generals' units at once, except that they're all rats. So many rats

+rep for rats

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 26th, 2021, 02:51 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sooo many rats i'll come back and go through each unit but I love this. Just goes to show that in some ways you could almost make your own game in heroscape and just buck all the current trends and keep the base rule engine.
Old September 26th, 2021, 06:52 PM

Thanks for commenting guys. Glad you enjoy!
It's definitely more of a home project, but I have enough fun with it that it felt worth sharing and hopefully it will spark some ideas.

Here's most everything that will be added for the 2nd huge wave! So many synergy's now.

This is still early development. Cost, abilities, names and stats are liable to change at any moment.

Skara Heroes
Spoiler Alert!

Skara Squads:
Spoiler Alert!

Soril Heroes
Spoiler Alert!

Gas Grenade Blade Fighters
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; October 13th, 2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 08:55 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Rathalla Review - Get the Cheese for my W(h)ine ;)

Disclaimer - I'm not gonna get to the Space Rats in this post. Maybe someday?

There's a lot of rodents in this thread, with some really cool models and paintjobs. Thanks for giving everyone some eye candy SS!

Rats of Bergda, Swarm, Tower:
I figure I should review these guys together since they seem to be intended for play together.

I appreciate that as you go down in size, these guys lose out on defensive bonuses. Its also apparent that you really need to draft a lot of the Rats of Bergda, but I'm concerned that they aren't going to be all that effective as your main line. You get a ton of little Rats to flood the battlefield, but you will really need something with some raw attacking power to win you the game. A unit with a similar sort of play style is the Ashigaru Yari. They both have really good swarming numbers, and are cheap and weak, but the Ashigarus can't win the game on their own. They literally need someone else to do the killing for them, or to draft both Kato Katsuro and some Ashigaru Harquebus squads. Where the Rats of Bergda squad does have an advantage though, is their ever so slightly better defense, disengage, and of course, the ability to move up to 7 figures using a spammable hero who directly supplements their numbers. Of course, I'm talking about the Rat Tower. With even 2 Rat Towers, and a minimum of 2 squads of Rats (you'll probably want about 3-4 squads), you're looking at 340 points worth of Rat-age. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for support, which is okay because these guys are probably supposed to support themselves, so you'll need to devise strategies to win against armies of ~400 points. You already have a ton of life points in your army (those towers have a ton of life), but you'll need to be capable of taking down range. Not just placating it. I suspect that might be the role of the occult dudes and the wererats, but since those guys are extension of the army and not the core, this part of the review won't cover them. The Rat Swarms are gonna be handy if you need fewer life points, but more damage points. I will say that this army of rodents will have issues against armies that have more attack output than them. The Rat Swarm/Tower just can't put that many bodies back on the map as you'll be losing, so you will need to draft some excess of Rats.

Rats: I can see these guys going up a bit to 35/squad. It's really gonna need some serious testing before I'd commit to that change however.

Swarm: Probably fine. I don't expect you to draft that many of these, ironically.

Tower: I'd actually up its base attack to 4 or give it Double Attack. It shouldn't get into engagements very often, but when it does, ~20 rats should be better at fighting than ~7. Neither trait will really offset the price all that much, due to its inherent weaknesses.

Ratkin Squads:
Before digging into the Ratkin heroes, we should take a peek at the swarms and swarms of rats that you'll likely be dumping a bunch of points into.

Underbred Cogs:
Very straightforward, very similar to the Blade Gruts excepting that they have... a lot more heroes to pick from. But the quality of those heroes is more important than the selection I suppose. But without looking at their heroes all too closely, I can say already that I wish they couldn't just bond with any Ratkin Hero. It's going to be important that we earmark this for later. When placed against similar price-point squads we see two obvious parallel squads. The Blade Gruts and the Marrden Nagrubs. All 3 squads have bonding along with some other secondary power, are 2/2 10 points per mini. The Nagrubs are little less economical in raw attack power, but their hivelords are intended to make up for that (and, in general the hivelords do the heavy lifting in those armies). Disengage is better than Combative Desperation (since the Orcs are intended to have their champion auras going basically all the time), and Combative Desperation is better than Climb x2. The Nagrubs make up for this by having a "better" Bonding variant. Better for the player, not the 'Grub itself. And Ratkin bonding (and being able to bond with literally any Ratkin hero) is much "stronger" than Orc Champion Bonding. So, based on their powers and raw stats, 40 points per 4 figures is probably about right. That will only become an issue later if the the Ratkins they can bond with are generally better than the Orc Champions, and is a big misstep if the Ratkin heroes are generally better than the Marro Hivelords (Wo-Sa-Ga not withstanding).

Slave Slingers:
Right off the bat, I can draw similarities to the Ashigaru Haruebus and the Arrow Gruts. The Ashigarus also have very bad stats, and a self attack bonus. The Slingers trade defense for attack, and move for range. Since attacking does win the game more often than not, I can see where having 3 attack dice is superior to 2 attack dice. Already though, the Slingers outpace the Arrow Gruts. They get an extra attack per turn, and a better base defense in exchange for a point of range. Plus, they self boost. I haven't compared all the Rogue Heroes against the Beast Heroes, but I will say at the very least that between Rogue bonding and an extra attack per turn, this squad is undercosted a bit. Perhaps try 50 points per squad? They will still be better than the Arrow Gruts, if the dimension we are going with is based on stats and powers alone, but perhaps feel more in line with what 'Scape already has where you can get somewhat better economical returns if you pay more points... but lose out on some degree of modularity. If you were set on keeping this squad at 40 points, I'm afraid the only other way I could see achieving that is by cutting a squad figure or cutting bonding... which is a power this squad desperately needs if you ever hope to win a game with them.

Skiving Fodder:
Onto some guys with some meat on their bones! For the record, I'm going to assume that both stages Overwhelm are intended for play using Ratkin and not Rat figures (as trying to tie Rats of Bergda into these guys' armies sounds like an exercise in futility). The second stage of the power references Medium Rat figures, btw. Overwhelm is an interesting power, as its clearly meant to feel like a horde power on a unit who, while being priced fairly cheaply, is not a clear horde like the Slave squads are. With the Slave Squads, you can get 5 squads for ~200 points (after considering that the Slingers may go up in price, to 5x for 250). With the Skiving Fodder, your only likely to get about 4 squads, but for 300 points. That's a noticable difference, but hopefully Overwhelm and Overextend give these guys enough oomph to justify drafting them over other ratkin squads. You may find it worthwhile to ensure that the Skiving Fodder get more out of the Ratkin Heroes than the Underbred Cogs do, if only to give you a reason to draft the Ratkin heroes at all with them! As is, these guys should be about right pointwise. There aren't many ways to achieve up to 8 attacks per turn in the game already, though I will concede that when the Skivers do, they are taking a fairly expensive risk. I do appreciate that there isn't a lot to compare these guys to, although what units that do exist in the same price point are either very good (Cathar Spearmen) or generally sucky (Dzu-Teh). If during testing, you find that these guys are too far either way, I suspect you have a few metrics you could easily change (starting with, points honestly).

Ratkin Heroes:
Now that I've delved into the meat and potatoes of your units, it's time to dig into the various attachments to them. In other words, the heroes.

Occult of Giza:
Just a quick headliner, you don't need the last sentence of Demented Growth since you can't use powers of units who aren't on the board unless the card is very apparent about it.
Without taking too much into account for the Wererats and Prowling Woogers, I can generally say that this unit is not worth using most of the time. Losing a turn with the Rats of Bergda+Tower in exchange for a minor ranged attack, getting a Wererat, and a turn with that Wererat is kind of a hard sell most of the time. I can certainly see having one of these guys just chilling in the back of your startzone just leveling up your existing Wererats however. Despite my criticisms, I don't think this is a bad unit and feel it is probably about where it should be. There isn't really an issue with having a unit be innefficient.

Cursed Wererat:
With common heroes, it can be tricky to recognize just how powerful their turn bonding is. While I wonder if the idea behind Rats Instincts is for them to take a turn as if they were a squad, this is not how HS traditionally handles common hero bonding. Instead, each figure individually takes a full turn. This does mean that with Unleashed Frenzy, only 1 Wererat gets the full attack bonus, it also means that you get to roll a lot more often with the power. This could mean a lot of Wererat deaths, but just as likely, a lot turns where Wererats get to pummel their foes. I'm going to reserve a judgement for these guys until I understand how you intended for them to work will be, but I will offer the suggestion that if you want them to take a squad turn together, just make them a squad. They aren't Ratkin figures, so its not as though you are getting bonding from that. The only loss would be a minor bonding power from the Werewolf Lord, but I'm not sure sure just how... effective that would be anyway? And only somewhat thematic anyway.

Prowling Wooger:
Basically a repeatable Kursus. Knowing that, and that you can technically draft multiples of him, I'd price him the same as Kursus, 55 points. I appreciate how he gives Wererat armies a fair bit of strength.

Dregz:
A beat em up hero with an aura that harms opponent's figures. There's a lot of similarities to Grimnak to draw from here, though I won't deny that Chomp is far more effective than an attack of 3. But, both units get 2 attacks per turn, make their units more killing in one way or another, and are fairly cheap, essential buys for their respective factions. I would argue that this guy should never be not used with the Underbred Cogs, just because of how much efficiency he gives them in terms of being able to kill stuck quicker. Plus, an attack of 5 or two attacks of 3/2 is beyond useful on a bonded hero. Also, it's spelled Trophies, unless you prefer the y spelling. 85 points is probably the right vicinity for this guy, though I can see that going up to 100, depending on how vital his aura ends up being and just how competitive the squad ends up becoming.

Harping Officer:
*Going back to the Underbred Cogs and Slave Slingers really quick, make sure you update their bonding powers to require revealing an Order Marker prior to use, or at least ensure that players understand you are not supposed to chain Harping Officer > Underbred Cogs > Ratkin Hero and Harping Officer > Slave Slingers > Rogue Hero.*
Basically these are your Order Marker sinks in Skiving Fodder armies. I'd argue that this guy is not really needed, since one of the things helping to hold the Skiving Fodder back from becoming a lot stronger than they look on paper is the need for supporting turns. 55 points isn't a lot for such a strong power, and as long as you have some useful Ratkin heroes down the line, you'll only really need one of these guys unless you are worried about getting them sniped. Which... you probably shouldn't 80% of the time
The unit itself isn't particularly unbalanced, but I'd argue that they should go up at least a little because of how potent the Skiving Fodder already is, before we start to look at other support heroes. Of which there's a lot lol. 65?

Banner Wielder:
I appreciate that you made sure Slingers can't get even more buff from the attack aura, but they still benefit from the defense aura. As a more thematic bit, I really wish these guys had a more... colorful name? Skiving Fodder, Underbred Cogs, Occult of Giza... all very evocative names for the faction. And then there's Banner Wielder. Maybe Skaran Inspirer?
These guys have a lot of the same weaknesses as Ornak, but without the bonding power (and a noticably stronger aura). I think they should be about right, and drafting too many will put a serious strain on the really force of your armies. Be careful with the Underbred Cogs though, since these banners are starting to reach Orc Champion in levels of importance with the melee slave squad.

Spoon:
Spoon adds a ranged attack to your Underbred Cogs and a thematic if perhaps not as useful bonding option for your Slave Slingers. Using him with the Underbred Cogs is handy, but unless you have a lot of startzone spaces available (or don't use them!), I'm not sure how often you'll get to use him to the full effect. Wandering Shooter and Double Glory seems like its a bit too much on a 50 point guy, even if he does only have 4 move/4 range. I'd consider dropping one of them, with a preference towards keeping Double Glory and just upping his move to 5. If you kept Wandering Shooter, I'd just up the range to 5 instead. As is, I think you may get a little too much value on his turns for being a bonded hero.

Warrow:
While I'm not sure why he isn't a Rogue right along with Spoon, since thieves are generally portrayed as rogues and his powers fit some rogue tropes already.
Warrow appears to have a very narrow window of oppurtunity to be useful in games, and that's pretty much only when Treasure Glyphs are in play and if your heroes can't get to them first. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I'd argue Stealing should be a touch harder (perhaps 7+?), but otherwise this guy is fine as is. The range of 3 is a nice touch.

Maneek:
Finally some muscle! This is just the unit that the Underbred Cogs need to do some of the heavy lifting for them. And if you're wondering why I sound so excited, it's important to remember that often times his targets should be penalized by Dregz and he may easily be boosted by a Banner Wielder's attack aura. That's a lot of rampant destruction.
To address the rules issues of this unit, Band of Gypsies has a lot of rules issues tied into it. As this is clearly a home-brew faction, you can play hard and fast with the rules at home, but having shifting rules (or making judgement calls mid-game) may leave a bad taste in someone's mouth. There's an excellent post in the forums about why out of turn attacking is generally a no go. If I find it, I'll happily link it. If you want to keep some implementation of the power (though I'd suggest not doing so because that's a lot of attacks per turn between Maneek and the Undercogs... up to 11 at that point), then you could make it a d20 roll for a wound or something. Should you drop it, and you really should imo, just give Maneek an extra move or life. That should make up for the power.

More Rats??? Nani?

Watch out for when I may or may not get to your next set of Skara customs. I liked what I saw already, but it looks like they are still in the draft stages of the designs. Looking forward to it though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 29th, 2021, 06:34 PM

Re: Rat Faction 9/29/21- 3D Print Expansion

@flameslayer93

My my... Thank you for giving an analysis on all of these! It is exactly what I need and have been looking for. Outside perspective, reputable at that.
And it is a pleasure.

Many of the points, not all, I do have plans to address with the coming second set.
I'll address them separately at the bottom or sparingly throughout.

It is only somewhat recently that I've really began to playtest all of the possible options going on. Some of the odd mechanics still show from a free form lesser experienced time that these were first developed. Many point values have been cut back before finding a way to give something more utility or power. I've learned it's not very fun to design a custom that you keep have to cheapen for its inconsistency.

Rats of Bergda, Tower & Swarm
Lately, I've tested a few times having a single swarm with 3-6 rats for the wererat, wooger growth synergy and occasionally using them as swarming pests in the mid-late game. The Tower is Unique. It doesn't necessarily have to be, but I am not sure if I'd see multiple wanting to be drafted, and the unique theme sticks with me a bit
I've also taken your advice on giving the tower more attack potential and instead of 4 or double, I've given it 5 to save on wording.
Only recently have the spawners began to function decently, with the life removal, turn/spawn order synergy and how they get replaced with a lesser version. Tower into Swarm, Swarm into single Rat. Changes like these relieve me for the amount of progress achieved, but as is noticed, there's still more to be done.

I think I do need to do playtests with slightly lower points, 400 like you say. Doing any more helps to test many units at once, but seems it may lower analyzing a specific set of units potential more accurately. Going a bit mad here with everything I need to Playtest lol! Why your speculation is so appreciated.

I will consider the point change to 35 for the Rats with more testing.
The Tower has 20 Life, because that is the number of rats that are on the model I'm using, except for one that might be in the middle. and 7 on the Swarm.

The Rats of Bergda, Swarm and Tower are definitely in a different place to balance than ordinary. My playtesting experience is also not very well excelled yet when it comes to map choice and opposing team choice.

Ratkin Squads

Underbred Cogs
Not a lot I have to say in response here. I concur with your comparisons and they will be a useful reference to come back to. The Ratkin Hero bonding wasn't too much to deal with when it was only all the heroes we have here. Maneek was a late inclusion to all of these and I address this as being why he is in a less finished state.
But when thinking of future inclusions, it does arise such a predicament.
Thematically, I think what supports this bonding as it is, is that that they are common slaves. They need what ever help they can get really, and having that diverse amount of characters available makes it interesting.

What I have done for these guys, is add a pairing 2 figure squad in the new set.
"Slave Drivers" - Their ability 'Get to Work' gives the cogs +1 attack and move when they begin their turn adjacent to a Slave Driver. There are also 2 new Warlords being added. One of which has an attack +1 aura. Things start to get a bit crazy with Gregz -1 defense aura and the banner wielders auras, but there's some of that it classic/vc too it seems. Just needs to be managed a bit.
It shouldn't ever be too late to limit the Cogs' bonding or strategize it with time, once both sets have been laid out. That's what this project is all about.

Slave Slingers
That does make sense. I have lacked in seeing these guys as better than the Cogs initially, since they may not have been before some changes.
Being between the Harquebus and Arrow Gruts, 50 points sounds about right. I have not tried them with any other Rogue hero besides Spoon. 4 ranged figures with a bonding does seem hefty though. perhaps even 55, but because of their reduced attack when engaged, 50 is probably right. They become more of a nuisance for the opponent at that point or body shields.

Skiving Fodder
Correct. I must have missed that edit when converting all of the 'medium Rats' into Ratkin. Great analysis on points and what use would be nice having them paired with Ratkin Heroes. I feel they are close to Cathar, but maybe quite as par to them. Cathar should be about 80 though tbh, so that is where I have Skiving at 75. 70 sounds nice, but would require a fair bit of testing to figure. I find that in their ideal situation with them attacking a figure with +1 attack, -1 def on that figure, their optional second attack should in most cases be able to deal with any mid level non hero figure they are dealing with, unless the attack is whiffed. Any less than that this ideal situation is certainly a risk, unless it is a low defense figure, in which case they would shred.

Ratkin Heroes

Occult of Giza
Good points on this heroes speculation. That makes enough sense to me now that last sentence isn't needed.
As you said, using one as a unit that sits in the back is one setting they work in.
I have added a squad in set 2, currently named Rat Wolves. They bond with an occult Hero. They aren't terribly strong and the theme fits. Playtesting them has yielded some positive results to benefit the Occults' use in the center fields.

Cursed Wererat
Yes, I suppose my main reasons that I enjoy these guys as common heroes are. #1, there is only 1 pose for this model. #2 I like being able to draft a variant number of these guys with their use besides the Occult and less useful Werewolf Lord. I see what you mean with the traditional bonding setup. I'm not aware of the problems an exception like this would have, but am okay with it as a sparing exception.
I think that Unleashed Frenzy could use a word change so that it is used for all Cursed Wererats once per turn.
I just today considered giving them 6 movement since their falling behind from being able to engage can really hinder their attack output and I found myself wanting them to have 6 whenever an Occult transformed one. This would maybe bring them back to 20 points however.
Anubian Wolves also have 6 movement.

Prowling Wooger
Prowling Wooger is a lot of fun and maybe one of the cheesier characters here. With a reserve of Wererats or Rats, the transformation process is pretty fun.
The notable downsides are, besides taking a wound with a failed SA, the opponent doesn't feel they are a threat enough to deal with once they are engaged. I thought to help them with this by giving either 4 attack or 4 defense. Experimenting with 4 defense which helps them lock up a bit what figures are around them, and they could use the extra survivability.

One difference between the Wooger and Kursus is that Kursus's SA affects a figure and all figures surrounding that figure. Pretty powerful. I did not notice it for a while. And then they have their con differences.
Since the defense up to 4, I could see a point raise to 50, but since Pouncing Wooger is single targeting, it doesn't quite match up with Sonic Fists.

Dregz
Dregz aura certainly does help the cogs. I have not yet playtested enough with them to see it in action however, as the situation with the cogs has been noted, they need whatever edge in battle they can get.
Trophies.. and to think I once made it to county spelling bee :d
I could see his points going up a bit too. The Skara flagbearer I am adding has a lesser version of Gothloks -1 def aura, being within 2 range. Having too many of these could deem problematic, though they aren't the tankiest bunch in the world. A bit Raelin counter-y.

Harping Officer
This guy sits in the most of peculiar spots in the bunch.
Actually, his chaining bonding here is entirely intended lol. Pretty unorthodox, but unless it is taboo, I don't see the chains as being too much more efficient here than anything else other than having the benefit of open options.
I couldn't argue that he is very much needed either. I will need to playtest him beside the Skiving Fodder even more. One of the hinderances with him and Kato Katsuro to remember is that they can't take a turn with any figure that is not in clear sight of them. So once they wrap around any terrain, they are left there unless repositioned or OM switch. The reason for 2 felt more necessary when they couldn't be one of the 2 heroes to take a turn with, so it was to help them spread out to benefit their clear sight, but not it's just an option.
Could see a point increase now.

Banner Wielder
Thanks for mentioning the name blandness haha. I'll try and work on that. So many different characters that start like this, such as all the new prototype squads, that it can be hard to find the right names for everyone.
I'll consider Skaran Inspirer!
I wasn't too fond of these guys, but I plan on changing their models to be much more fitting with flags which might help.

These guys actually were kind of fun to play the one time I playtested them, and their strategic setting up is really important. I agree that spending points on them instead of more forces is the best thing they 'don't' have going for them. I think the max of +1 will also be important in keeping the Cogs in check.

Spoon
Bonding Spoon with Cogs does seem like a fun option I need to try.
There may be some changes needed on wandering shooter again, or point raise in question. When coming up with this guy, I had 'Twitch' in mind from LoL (A game I don't play anymore for a while). But the movement pattern of these ranged characters in the game, "attack damage carries", has a 'Shoot, pause, move, shoot' pattern to it that I wanted to copy. This evasive maneuver is referred to as kiting and is also used offensively.

Warrow
That is a good idea to just make Warrow a Rogue. He'd certainly get more play this way with the Slingers. And good idea to raise the stealing roll.

Maneek
As mentioned earlier, this guy came together a time after the rest. Has not been playtested with the Cogs yet. I didn't think he was super strong, but when you mention the buffs/debuffs, there certainly is some spicy potential here.

Band of Gypsies I'd say is still in an early phase, and I've only recently added this card to the thread. I'll have to look for that post on Out of turn attacks. Understandable why to stay away from that territory.
Something like Zogross' opportunity strike may have been what I was thinking, but for figures surrounding Maneek.
I will consider dropping it in playtesting.

More Rats, Coming Up!!!

It brings me joy to receive so much feedback.
I hope that I can return the favor in reviewing some of your customs sometime and to the rest of the community, and hope you enjoy any of the other Rats you analyze here.

The new Prototypes are being updated each day. I wish I could paint them and give them the full Art for the cards sooner, but that will likely be even after their settled release. May just photos of the printed figures in the meantime.

Here are the new additions I mentioned that will have synergies with these guys:
Skara Heroes and
Squads being:
Maces
Flails - bonding with Maneek
Slave Drivers for Cogs
Hybrid Wolves for Occult of Giza

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; September 30th, 2021 at 03:49 AM.
Old September 30th, 2021, 05:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just a heads up, You have Maneek's card sitting in Warrow's slot.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 30th, 2021 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Also, it was my pleasure to do a review of Rathalla... Looking forward to going through Wave 2 then space rats
Old December 7th, 2021, 08:01 PM

The new batch is moving right along. The time it takes to bring these is much longer than my other customs as they've had to go through the extra stages of printing, painting and taking my own photos. Not to mention some testing. Creating squad cards is also something I procrastinate.

Anyways, I'm happy to have a handful to add. This still scratches the surface of what's left, but it's a decent scratch. Can't wait to share all the new space rats. Speaking of which, Soril's card has been updated. Yes again. Let me know what you think.
Rats were also added to my OHS.

edit: I just realized in the spirit of Christmas, we have red and green monks!

Plague Monks - Bonding with Maneek
Spoiler Alert!

Crimson Blood Monks - Warlord bonding squad

Buska - Strong Warlord who benefits most Ratkin

Wolf Rats - Squad to help the Occult of Giza in combat
Spoiler Alert!

Quintef - Pseudo hero to help the Rats of Bergda

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 8th, 2021 at 03:02 AM.
Old December 28th, 2021, 03:55 AM

Re: Rathalla & Space Rats - 3D Printed Expansion

4 card art improvements, 1 new squad and 4 Cyber Rat heroes.

Would like to take a moment to self appreciate the difference in quality in a little over a year. Improved between resin printing and photo editing/taking.

Skiving Fodder
New
Spoiler Alert!
Old
Spoiler Alert!

Rats of Bergda
Spoiler Alert!

Maneek
Spoiler Alert!

Harping Officer (Though I may prefer the old here)
New
Spoiler Alert!
Old
Spoiler Alert!

Rat Trappers

Sal Two

Cyber Sniper

T.Z.

Doom Flayer

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; January 8th, 2022 at 05:09 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards