Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2020, 12:51 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Blue Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
To clarify my original suggestion, I was suggesting no extra battery marker removal. My suggestion was more, "remove a green battery marker unless there are blue battery markers on this card."
Yea, I got that. Like attack any and all and then remove a green battery unless there are one or more blue battery markers on this card.
Old March 1st, 2020, 12:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ah, gotcha. Misread that the first time you posted it. I could dig that. Pushes him to try to get his big offensive turns early before he starts losing his blues.
Old March 1st, 2020, 04:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Updated the SP with Maverick and Spidey's suggestion for the offensive power, since I think I dig that a bit more than mine.
Old March 1st, 2020, 04:21 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I personally liked the Ronin version better since I’m worried the Spidey version will lean into the typical Lantern trap of waiting as long as possible to burn the markers as shield. Like that’s always a bit of a odd quirk of these designs, and this one gets even more of a benefit from not burning the markers til the last possible moment.
Old March 1st, 2020, 07:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Could change the mechanics of the shield here a bit and have you decided to burn the blue marker after you roll defense dice.
Old March 1st, 2020, 08:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if the Blue ones healed him instead of being a shield? He'd play differently and it'd be "on brand" for Blue Lanterns.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2020, 09:11 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I personally liked the Ronin version better since I’m worried the Spidey version will lean into the typical Lantern trap of waiting as long as possible to burn the markers as shield. Like that’s always a bit of a odd quirk of these designs, and this one gets even more of a benefit from not burning the markers til the last possible moment.
I hear that, but at the same time it does feel very Hal for him to go offense until he really has to go defense. Very arguable that it doesn't need to be the standard for every Lantern card, but it seems on brand for Hal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Could change the mechanics of the shield here a bit and have you decided to burn the blue marker after you roll defense dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What if the Blue ones healed him instead of being a shield? He'd play differently and it'd be "on brand" for Blue Lanterns.
I'm not above tinkering with the mechanics, but I think both of those directions retain the dynamic where you want to wait to burn the blues, so not sure if it helps Nobody's concern.
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:29 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agreed that it feels on brand for Hal and that my suggestion would retain that feel. I guess it'd just retain that feel while the choices didn't feel quite so similar?

Edit: Alternately, if we really wanted him to feel different, he could be restricted to using the Blues only on other figures (for shield, probably) and be unable to use any for himself.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2020, 11:41 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Agreed that it feels on brand for Hal and that my suggestion would retain that feel. I guess it'd just retain that feel while the choices didn't feel quite so similar?
Hmm. Maybe. What would your pitch for the healing power look like? Proactive or reactive?

Quote:
Edit: Alternately, if we really wanted him to feel different, he could be restricted to using the Blues only on other figures (for shield, probably) and be unable to use any for himself.
Or maybe as a softer version of that, deviate a little from the Green Shield Strike structure and give a greater reward when protecting others.

EDIT: Also, updated the third post with art assets. Focus on the face doesn't look great to me in some of those, so @Soundwarp SG-1 let me know if better ones would be handy.
Old March 1st, 2020, 11:51 PM

Maybe reactive, but in a limited sense. Immediately after placing one or more wounds on his card, you can remove a blue Battery Marker to remove one of them?

Or you could do the shield thing and only have the Order Marker part trigger if he's protecting an ally?

I think either one works. I wouldn't let him heal others, though, for sure, as I'm not sure that's super desirable to add to his faction at this point in terms of balance.

Old March 1st, 2020, 11:54 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Maybe reactive, but in a limited sense. Immediately after placing one or more wounds on his card, you can remove a blue Battery Marker to remove one of them?
So like, almost an unstoppable resilience type thing at that point. Kinda similar to what YK suggested.

Quote:
SOMETHING SOMETHING BLUE SOMETHING
Whenever Blue Lantern would receive one or more wounds, you may remove a blue Battery Marker from this card to ignore one of those wounds.
Maybe even let him ignore two?

Quote:
Or you could do the shield thing and only have the Order Marker part trigger if he's protecting an ally?
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking for that direction.

Quote:
I think either one works. I wouldn't let him heal others, though, for sure, as I'm not sure that's super desirable to add to his faction at this point in terms of balance.
Agreed.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:00 AM

Yeah, ignoring one works. Slightly more powerful than letting him take them and then automatically heal. The version I was imagining wouldn't protect him if the hit was fatal, but he certainly fits the heroic profile of "surviving what should have been a fatal hit."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library