Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Back to the Future the Game - Part 1 is free.

So I remember liking "adventure games" back in the day - Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Myst/Riven, a bunch of lesser known games such as Normality, and even Zelda games were 1/2 adventure games (the other part being RPG and action). I just got a new PC and feel like it's resources are going to waste. I am not really a hardcore gamer - my video/computer gaming consists of playing multi-player games (Rock Band, FPSs, racing games, smash brothers) at friends houses, and playing card games (different solitaire games, Euchre/Hearts/Spades) on my PC and phone every night before I go to bed to wind down. I am getting bored of card games and want a game that I can spend 10-30 minutes on every night and thought of getting back into "adventure games". Of that genre, Telltale Games (remnants of LucasArts) seems like they got it going on with the following franchises: Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Strong Bad/Homestar Runner, Tales of Monkey Island, CSI, and now my favorite movie franchise ever Back to the Future!

So has anyone played these games recently? Is it something you can play for a little bit every day, or does it require full concentration for long periods of time? Any other suggestions for adventure games? I know if you go to the bargain bin at Microcenter or Best Buy, or want ad-ware based Pop-cap games you can get some really cheap adventure games too but I am leery if they will keep me interested as I am sure they are hastily made. I might even like the "Nancy Drew" games even though they are marketed for girls because I like the mystery aspect of it. High-Res Graphics are not that important, but I would rather have nice-looking sprites than crappy polygons because bad graphics can detract from a game.

Lastly, anybody have some old CD-ROMs lying around they want to sell/trade? I am not a fan of pirating games and I see a bunch of websites that have "free games" that are more pirated games that they somehow ported to play online, but I would gladly give my hard-earned $ to a developer for hours of entertainment.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 23rd, 2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Title

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games