Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I added the links for each map below. Use this one to copy as we update.

I really like the CryoTech map. I have a couple questions for ET86.

1) Could the water that is off of the main map get rotated so it is in line with the start zones (forcing non flyers to take paths to the freezer)?

2) Would it be possible to build it without the Marvel set to make it only needing three sets to build (1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, 1 TT)?

Again I like the map. I think this would turn it into a great map.

Current Status
Heroscapers Judge(s) pending acceptance:
None

Maps Under Review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 6 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh]

Maps pending review:
CryoTech Labs by ET86
YES = 0 [] ; No = 0 [] ; Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, Peteparkerh] ; Can't Vote= 1 [ET86]

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on for a few days I've been pretty busy. I actually have Scapecity Bridge built right now but haven't played it yet. I hope to get in some time on it in the next two weeks or so then I'll come up with my decision on it.

As for Under the El, it looks really cool. I haven't taken a serious look at it yet but what I have seen I like.

CryoTech Labs I'm not sure about. It looks like a decent map but I don't think it has that special flare that Scapecity Bridge or Under the El have. I think that this is probably a case of a good but not a great map. I won't vote yet as I haven't seriously looked at it but I'm not crazy over it.

Also I think we might have a problem with the El download. The map instructions are all dark and its hard to tell what stuff is.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
Also I think we might have a problem with the El download. The map instructions are all dark and its hard to tell what stuff is.
Welcome back, we missed you.

I just downloaded the "El" map on a different computer. It looks fine. Could your printing be set up strange or you have parts of it selected? I would download it again and try printing again.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM

I didn't actually print it the pdf just has the building instructions covered with a slightly clear layer of dark brown or something.

EDIT: hmm thats weird I just downloaded it again and its fine. I wonder what happened earlier.
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe the printer was set to black ink only. Thats what happened when I printed my first copy of Mole Hills. And as Pete said Welcome Back!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

First off, as anyone who has followed this thread knows, my terrain resources are quite limited, and it may be that I will be unable to create certain maps that are nominated. However, since playtesting is not required to vote for review of a map, if I believe I am able to, I will still vote to the best of my abilities on whether or not I think a map should be accepted for review. Now I want to make it absoulutely clear that any votes I make on a map will not have anything to do with whether or not I can build it, only if I believe the map is a great one, or only a good. If anyone feels that my votes are not based on this criteria alone, please let me know so that we can discuss it. I just wanted to make this clear so that it would hopefully not come up in the future.

Well, now that I got that done: I have examined CryoTech Labs by EternalThanos86, and after doing so closely, I have come to a descion. Although the concept is interesting, and the special rules and the layout of the map are unique as well as interesting, it's just that. Interesting. Although this is the early stages of BoM and determining what a "Great" map is can be difficult, if we set the standards now, people will know what we are looking for later, and we will produce better and more competitive/fun maps later on. It is for this reason that I am going to have to vote NO to review CryoTech Labs by ET86.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No offence ET86 but I agree with SS wholeheartedly I have played the map but it has not wowed me like the Bridge or El 2.

Current Status
Heroscapers Judge(s) pending acceptance:
None

Maps Under Review:
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 6 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh]

Maps pending review:
CryoTech Labs by ET86
YES = 1 [Stumpy_man] ; No = 1 [Silver Surfer] ; Pending = 3 [Spidysox, Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh] ; Can't Vote= 1 [ET86]

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Hey Vydar is the man, stumpy_man didn't vote yes to review CryoTech Labs yet, so you need to fix that.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old December 13th, 2008, 09:16 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I may make a suggestion, why don't you use the same format as the BoV? If you ask me, it looks much better, is pretty easy to do, and makes it stand out more.

Of course, you might want to change the colors around( I used the same as the BoV, navy and dark red), as this is most certainly not the BoV, but here is what the current list would look like:

Updated: 13/12/08

Maps Currently being reviewed:

YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 5 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86)
*Peteparkerh removed from the process as per map creator

YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh)

Maps pending acceptance for review:

CryoTech Labs by ET86
YES = 0 ; No = 1 (Silver Surfer); Pending = 3 (Stumpy_man, Spidysox, Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh)
*EternalThanos86 removed from process as per map creator
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:27 PM

The reason we don't is because we don't want to be confused with BoV in any way. BoV is it's own system, completely unrelated to BoM. By using a simple, plain format it helps avoid confusion. R˙chean, while he was still a BoV judge, made a quick stop here and wanted to point that out, and using this way continues a BoV judge's wishes, which we respect as much as the next guy.

Old December 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM

I'm going to have to vote NO to CryoTech Labs too. Its a good map but I think we can do so much better. I don't think the terrain was quite used to its potential either.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:00 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks like this project is really taking off! I just ordered 2 more Marvel sets and yet another RotV to start testing out some of these maps for myself and begin creating my own. I actually have a nice (I think) double map ready to roll, but I have to get in a little play testing before I will post it to the website for others to see. That actually raises a question for me, do you have to become a Site Supporter to upload PDFs and pictures? I couldn't find any posting functions while I was poking around so I am assuming yes. Thanks in advance for the help.

I also have a suggestion for this thread. Would it be possible to have the current status of the project in the first or second post? It can be very difficult to find what exactly is going on in the review process, because you have to dig around for the information. If it is on the front page, faithful readers as well as new comers can quickly and easily find out what is going on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios