Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
***A New Era For Heroscapers***

Well folks the time has come. We’ve out grown our little shared server hosting account. The traffic increased 5 times, what it was running on average, over the week of GenCon, and has continued to maintain at a rate more than double average. We managed to crash our shared server during GenCon and the hosting company lost a client in the process. We have to move onto a dedicated server or the hosting company will simply turn off our account for “abusing good neighbor rules”. So I’ve worked up as good a deal as I could get by calling upon a friend, but the hosting costs are still going to more than double what they have been. So I ask you, folks who use this site almost daily, to pledge to chip in somewhere between $1-$5 a month into the paypal donation account. If we can get enough of us hitting the thing every month with a small pledge then we will keep ourselves covered from month to month. Please pledge by responding to this post with your pledge amount. Then hit the paypal button with your first pledge. Every month about a week before your pledge is due I’ll send you a reminder PM. We are looking for $70 a month in pledges to keep the bills paid. Of course if we do more than that, that is great too, the extra money will go towards other things like tourney support or other site improvements. We are currently going to be pre-paid for 5 months on the new server thanks to donations already received. But I figure if we start pledging now we can stay ahead of ourselves and not come up short if some peeps are unable to make their pledges. So what do you say? Is a couple of bucks a month too much to ask to keep your favorite site afloat? Also note that you should save a copy of any pictures or files you upload as you might see recent stuff disappear upon rolling over. Basically they have to make an exact copy of the current site unto the new server and then flip a switch to put us up on the new server. Everything that happens between the time they flip the switch and I redirect to the new server will disappear. So we will lose a few posts but nothing major. I know you’ve had reason before not to trust such statements. But we are dealing with a large professional hosting company with plenty of trained techies.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Where do I send my money???

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Where do I send my money???
Well, as you can tell the little paypal button at the top of the forums dissapeared because I was screwing around. I'm thinking of doing a small little three google ad links up ther to help us along. But you can still donate using the paypal donate button on the right hand side of the front page. It's in white and blue.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
$5/month from ninthdoc. Just send the PMs, I forget things.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Beautiful Colby

For records sake I'll announce I'll be tossing $5 a month at the account.

That puts us 1/7 of the way there!
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Hey Truth here's the deal, I will help out as much as I can but, well how do I say this......My wife is not as big a fan of this site as I am to say it mildly. If you PM me your address I will just try to send you cash in the mail as often as I can and what I can at the time. This way I can keep it on the downlow without it poppin up on a statement every month. If you do not like this option let me know and I will see what else I can do. I will not be pledging every month but instead wil just make bigger contributions when I can.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think you ought to set up a thing where, as long as your pledges are up to date, you can cuss. A lot.

OK, so I know why that won't happen! But I'll do $5 a month anyway. That's chump change. And please send the PMs, on account of I'll forget.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:58 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Here is another thought as well that we had discussed in a previous thread. I know this is iffy but is it possible to do an auction thread? I would happily donate customs, terrain, repaints, and whatever. These items could be sent to you, put up on a thread and then auctioned for a few days. Probably could make some decent cash for the site. Or even possibly link into ebay using your Paypal and we do the auction and shipping. I do not know if that can be done really. I know there are probably some legal issues with this idea
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:59 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
My wife is not as big a fan of this site as I am to say it mildly.
Yeah, that's my story too!

If I use paypal she'll see it on the next credit card bill...
not good!

I will send something by mail too,
if you can pm me with an address, you can put me down for $5/month.
I'll send in a few months worth at once.

And thank you once again for putting time and effort into this site.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I think you ought to set up a thing where, as long as your pledges are up to date, you can cuss. A lot.

OK, so I know why that won't happen! But I'll do $5 a month anyway. That's chump change. And please send the PMs, on account of I'll forget.
You can always go cuss in the GenCon wrapup thread.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OK, my pledge is going to be a few days. I hate PayPal. I mean, I use it a lot, but I hate it. It's not letting me add the credit card I need to add to pay. So gimme a few days, I'll get back to you.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Beautiful Colby

Guys lets not do the by mail thing. Its ooky with record keeping. Plus its kinda below the belt hiding expendatures from the wife. I'll just chalk it up to you want to give but the second half is not up for it. No worries.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online