Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 18th, 2015, 04:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Horned Skull Brutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
This discussion got me thinking about something else. I think you should have to complete all your moves before rolling for any relevant engagement strikes. Otherwise you could end two or more figures movements on the same space. Is that how everyone plays it, move all your figures first, then roll for engagement strikes, then attack. Or do some people move one figure, roll for engagement strike, then move another figure?
No, you roll for leaving engagement attacks during each figure's moving. In fact, technically, the figure doesn't even move onto the new space until after the leaving engagement attack is resolved. This is relevant for zombies - you place the new zombie on the space the destroyed figure was trying to move from, not where it was moving to.
Old May 18th, 2015, 05:32 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
This discussion got me thinking about something else. I think you should have to complete all your moves before rolling for any relevant engagement strikes. Otherwise you could end two or more figures movements on the same space. Is that how everyone plays it, move all your figures first, then roll for engagement strikes, then attack. Or do some people move one figure, roll for engagement strike, then move another figure?
No, you roll for leaving engagement attacks during each figure's moving. In fact, technically, the figure doesn't even move onto the new space until after the leaving engagement attack is resolved. This is relevant for zombies - you place the new zombie on the space the destroyed figure was trying to move from, not where it was moving to.
I think he meant engagement strike, not leaving engagement attacks. Although, the timing of LEA's share a similar timing concern, do you know the outcome before or after the movement phase is complete? We've always played you roll for LEA's and engagement strike as it happens, not all at once when the move phase is over.
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was talking about the Engagement Strike d20 rolls, not the LEA. I was thinking the Engagement Strike takes place at the end of the figures movement, but it could occur at any point during a figures move so my earlier question is moot.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:06 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is Goblin as species a typo?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Nope. Perhaps odd, because Kurrok (a hobgoblin) isn't designated as a goblin.

Both hobgoblins and bugbears are "goblinoids" so they are related to goblins in some way.

I'm guessing they made them goblins in anticipation of a hero with goblin squad synergy.
Old January 14th, 2021, 12:06 PM

Jak is surprisingly tart

anyone know the names of the figures used for this squad?
I'd like to make proxy squads.
thanx
Old January 14th, 2021, 05:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

List of D&D minis and the corresponding Heroscape figures - on MinatureMarket.com it looks like you can get the squad for $11 (4+4+3) and there are some units from other sets/games that look similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
The Horned Skull Brutes

Bugbear Footpad, 42/72 from Giants of Legend 6/04

Blood Ghost Berserker, 44/60 from War Drums 3/06

Bugbear Gang Leader, 48/60 from Unhallowed 3/07

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units