Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 29th, 2006, 03:57 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
So use the "corrected" DW8K and DW9K cards available in the Gallery - if anyone feels like complaining about it (I think it was an obvious mistake, also) then play with the better cards.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=317
Old August 29th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Even corrected I don't want to play them. They are point drains.

Old August 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
yea, and the gorillanators were accidently printed being worth 90 points. When in actuality it should have been 09 points. I took a sharpie and fixed all of mine.
LOL! And Reaper still won't use them!

Newb.
A few of Gorillinators are positioned differently on the bases too. I think it's the one walking with his knuckles, he sits a little off to the side instead of in the middle of the base... not really a army card print error, but still :P

Glory to the Many.
Old August 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I had always assumed the "destoyed" on Sudema's card was a well-known typo.

smallboxgames.com
Old August 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Don't forget DW7K - the worst-costed card in the game, bar none.

He has no abilities to realistically perform his function of blowing groups of more than 100 points up.
How is he that bad? he can survive ranged attacks like crazy, and still has solid attack for non-explosions, maybe you're only using him to detonate? He can be used to attack for a while, then detonate later.

Also, he keeps enemy units away from him as effectively as deadeye does (but not 10 spaces), since they dont want to get in his range
Old August 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
The Deathwalker thing has bothered me for a long time. DW9K has a chain gun on the left arm and some sort of multibarrel gatling unit on the right. His abilities include advanced targetting and an explosive power. DW8K comes equiped with a 2 barrel blaster on the right arm and a missle launcher on the left. His special ability is a rapid fire blast. I too, have often thought this is some kind of mistake.
I've always thought that maybe the designers decided chain gun DW was the cooler-looking of the two soulborg designs. And maybe they didn't know if HS would be successful, so they chose the chaingun version to represent the master set DW9K - inconsistencies be damned.

But then the game thrives and actually makes it to Orm's Return. So they have to do with the lesser of the cool designs and make the rocket launcher arm figure the rapid fire DW. What other explanation could there be for so obvious a SNAFU? BTW, I still use the figure's represented on the original cards when drafting and playing them.

Well, that's the little scenario I have payed out in my head, anyways...
Old August 29th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Quote:
Don't forget DW7K - the worst-costed card in the game, bar none.

He has no abilities to realistically perform his function of blowing groups of more than 100 points up.
How is he that bad? he can survive ranged attacks like crazy, and still has solid attack for non-explosions, maybe you're only using him to detonate? He can be used to attack for a while, then detonate later.

Also, he keeps enemy units away from him as effectively as deadeye does (but not 10 spaces), since they dont want to get in his range
Ask ninthdoc how he felt the other night when DFlynSqrl took a shot at him with Deadeye Dan from the top of a castle. It was the first order marker of the first round and DW7K was done for.

Old August 29th, 2006, 05:53 PM

GunShy has disabled reputation
My Group of Players abuse and constanly use Dick eye Dan at every opportunity
Old August 29th, 2006, 08:15 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Thanks for the replies (and some were even on-topic).

I was looking for major errors, but the EOV tidbit was also nice to know.

--Scott
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
In the spanish version Syvarris Ullar is called Ulla
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Save those original Sentinel 5 and Sudema "destoy" cards. They'll be worth thousands some day . . . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old August 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
So use the "corrected" DW8K and DW9K cards available in the Gallery - if anyone feels like complaining about it (I think it was an obvious mistake, also) then play with the better cards.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=317
Except that they're corrected the wrong way. The abilities/stats should be swapped, not the pictures. I always liked the idea that the Deathwalker series gets bigger and beefier as the numbers go up. Those cards just ruin the concept for me.

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units