Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old December 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Title Advocacy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I nominate A_Train for Reporter of Battles for his prolific battle reports thread.
Come on, we can jazz that up. How about "War correspondent"?
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
I nominate A_Train for Reporter of Battles for his prolific battle reports thread.
No. Jazz is stupid.

I also nominate J4Jandar for "Loves heroscapers.com as much as wife." Hopefully his wife won't see that.

Last edited by rednax; December 14th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Jazz is stupid.
You are dead to me now.

So, what sort of music do you like then? [/totally not setting a trap with his college training in music and music history]

EDIT And I just had this idea: Remember when Dr. Weirdscaper used to open every post with "GENTLEMEN!" so that he was somewhat in character? The admins gave him "GENTLEMEN!" as a title so that he'd stop using it in posts which was anoying people.

Why not do the same thing with kolakoski's "Well met!"?

Give him that title on the condition it's out of his posts.

Last edited by Wind Lane; December 14th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
Quote:
Jazz is stupid.
You are dead to me now.

So, what sort of music do you like then? [/totally not setting a trap with his college training in music and music history]

EDIT And I just had this idea: Remember when Dr. Weirdscaper used to open every post with "GENTLEMEN!" so that he was somewhat in character? The admins gave him "GENTLEMEN!" as a title so that he'd stop using it in posts which was anoying people.

I was joking about the jazz part. I actually like it somewhat. And kolakoski already has Well Met! for his title.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I was joking about the jazz part. I actually like it somewhat. And kolakoski already has Well Met! for his title.
I figured you did, nobody can hate jazz that likes any kind of modern music. It's all interrelated and the influencing flies around like sand in a wind storm.

He already has the title? Dude, he needs to knock that crap off then. That's just asking to be docked for being annoying.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

GENTLEMEN...

That's BRILLIANT!
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
Quote:

GENTLEMEN...

That's BRILLIANT!
Since I'm the only gentlemen around here, you can just call me Steve. ~Billtog

Old December 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I figured you did, nobody can hate jazz that likes any kind of modern music. It's all interrelated and the influencing flies around like sand in a wind storm.

He already has the title? Dude, he needs to knock that crap off then. That's just asking to be docked for being annoying.
Am I the only one who is not annoyed by it?

Sure, it's a little eccentric, but it's not like his greeting is "F U GUYZ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:48 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
No. Jazz is stupid.

I also nominate J4Jandar for "Loves heroscapers.com as much as wife." Hopefully his wife won't see that.
Anything to erase the stain left by my pony faux pas.

The only jazz I hate is the stuff where the musicians sound like an orchestra tuning their instruments before the concert.
</IMG></IMG>
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:18 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I don't mind it either.

Old December 15th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I don't mind it either.
Nor I, for what it's worth.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Thanosiest Princess

I understand that a lot of others aren't put off by it, and I wasn't put off by Dr. Weirdscaper's "GENTLEMEN", but it at least made sense.

Opening every post with "Well met!" doesn't mean anything. That phrase is a way of saying "good job" or "well done". It's not a greeting and it's not something any character actually says at the beginning of their little speeches. It's just... blathering out the same pointless something at the beginning of every post.

The closest you can get to something similar is Stan Lee's "Excelsior!" bit. Except it usually comes at the end of his speeches and I imagine he doesn't use it every time he says something in a conversation, which is exactly what that "Well met!" amounts to.

I mean, if I went 'round saying "Bob's yer uncle" every time I opened my gob, they'd put me away!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online