Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old August 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
If I make it to GenCon next year, I'll stand around punching all those who are standing around in the face. Who's with me?
I got your back bro! But I think we should instead WAIT until they have 5 or 6, THEN beat them down. Saves us the time of standing in line stepping over bodies to get the promo! =D

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
Cleon,

I'm 45 minutes from Pittsfield. 30 if I drive fast. Hide your stash son, hide your stash
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the report Blue Robin. That's too bad.

And Cleon, I live like 2000 miles from you, but my shelf will teleport me into your house immediately. You best be hiding that stash like Uprising said.

Old August 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM

49ers Woo who?

I didn't realize that exhibitors could get the promo earlier. No wonder they went so fast on Thursday. So does anyone know what changed and made them decide to not punch badges? I am still in shock that being there an hour early, waiting for the doors to open, and going straight to the booth was not sufficient to get me a promo on my only day at the con.
I also like Grungebob's idea of cheap short events being the only way to get a promo. But I would add each person can still get only one, otherwise you will have people signing up multiple times just to get the promo to sell.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:37 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers View Post
So does anyone know what changed and made them decide to not punch badges?
This was WotCs first time running the give away so maybe they didnt even think about punching tickets till it was too late and someone said something to them.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM

49ers Woo who?

That's true. I had just assumed that since the booth, I thought, had been the WOTC booth last year that their employees had handled the giveway. While not in charge of the figure itself, I assumed they still did the giveaway portion of it at the booth. Maybe I assumed too much.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I didn't realize that exhibitors could get the promo earlier. No wonder they went so fast on Thursday. So does anyone know what changed and made them decide to not punch badges? I am still in shock that being there an hour early, waiting for the doors to open, and going straight to the booth was not sufficient to get me a promo on my only day at the con.
I also like Grungebob's idea of cheap short events being the only way to get a promo. But I would add each person can still get only one, otherwise you will have people signing up multiple times just to get the promo to sell.
Not all people who played multiple games were doing it to sell on Ebay. I got multiples to share with some I know couldn't go. I know the Rev played a couple Damnation Alley games to get extras for the people he regularly plays with. If fact Grungebob even suggested to people that they sponsor people in events as a way to get the figure -- for example, you pay my entry fee for a trounament and I give you the Agent Skahen from the game. My son sold his on this site at a reasonable (i.e., - much less than some of the Ebay prices) to help offset his costs of going and the rest goes to his car fund (15 year old saving up to buy a car next year).

So, I don't have a problem with people playing multiple games to get multiple figures. Sure some will do it just for the chance to sell on Ebay, but there are also a lot that are doing it to help out others who couldn't go to Gencon.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:52 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Some of the promos also went to the folks who purchased the expensive GenCon badges to get in the dealer hall an hour early...

I bought one from one of these guys for $20 to give away and he still had 3 left...I also gave one that I got from playing a win-a-wave to a kid that waited with his mom in line everyday because they thought it was the only way to pick one up. When I found out he really played the game and wasn't picking it up for eBay, I was happy to hand one over.

Punching badges would have increased supply by a good amount.

My recommendation would be to advertise the tourney events at the WotC display booth. This would have pulled a few more players over to the events section and in order to play for a promo, these folks would need to purchase boosters or a Master Set from WotC.

Look I just increased sales...
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I played several events and volunteered as a helper and came away with sufficient Agent Skahen's to give to some friends here, to send to Australia, and to fulfill my earlier pledge to 1Mmirg. I won't be putting any on eBay, but I don't see anything wrong with those who choose to do so. What is sad is the sloppy way the promos were handed out at the WotC booth. I got none from there.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
So you just identified yourself as part of the problem?! How magnanimous of you....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Not all people who played multiple games were doing it to sell on Ebay. I got multiples to share with some I know couldn't go. I know the Rev played a couple Damnation Alley games to get extras for the people he regularly plays with.
One of them is ME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
I also gave one that I got from playing a win-a-wave to a kid that waited with his mom in line everyday because they thought it was the only way to pick one up. When I found out he really played the game and wasn't picking it up for eBay, I was happy to hand one over.
That is very nice of you! Rep up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
So you just identified yourself as part of the problem?! How magnanimous of you....

I believe he went there with his dad and they played several events. So, he/they had to work/play hard to get them. How to handle 14 Skahen is another issue !

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM

49ers Woo who?

I never said all who played in multiple events will sell them on ebay. I said if they add lots of cheap short events then you should only be able to get one through those events otherwise you will get lots of people coming to just get multiple figures that dont care about heroscape. The longer events are different. Those people are playing because, more than likely, they enjoy the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News