Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 29th, 2019, 04:43 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroforge’s Viability

Hey all,

A while back I had a discussion with a few other fellow scapers about Heroforge and it’s viability for creating new custom characters. I don’t know if anyone has visited their website recently, but they have not only increased customizability for preset options (clothes, weapons, species, etc.), they are now also allowing for users to have near full customization with poses.

This is really quite exciting for me, because Heroforge also allows for you purchase a downloadable STL file, making it easy to share files to people with 3D/resin printers. I know they aren’t typical household items and are quite expensive (especially resin printers), but it isn’t too hard for those with the equipment to do mass distribution at a relatively low to no cost if they please. Also, it could greatly expand options for custom figures, since the only options we have now are whichever figures we can find online that are being widely produced.

The reason I mention all this (and have posted in this forum) is because with Heroforge, you only have to purchase the $10 file once, so the distribution cost really only has to cover that and the resin/ filament costs (3D printer filament costs around $20-$40 and resin cartridges cost around $150-$180). So even if you want to sell them at cost, it would be incredibly cheap to do so, perhaps even cheaper than figures from miniature market.

The downside of using 3D printers and (especially) resin printers is time. Currently, I’m printing a figure through a resin printer, and just one figure takes about 5 hours to print. However, 3D printers print much faster, but the quality is lower. I know there are members on here and on the Facebook page who are 3D printing figures, so why aren’t we utilizing Heroforge to create new figures?

I’d love to hear what you guys think, because even though Heroforge really only has customization for humanoid figures, there is so much you can do with it.
Old July 29th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Heroforge’s Viability

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Hey all,

A while back I had a discussion with a few other fellow scapers about Heroforge and it’s viability for creating new custom characters. I don’t know if anyone has visited their website recently, but they have not only increased customizability for preset options (clothes, weapons, species, etc.), they are now also allowing for users to have near full customization with poses.

This is really quite exciting for me, because Heroforge also allows for you purchase a downloadable STL file, making it easy to share files to people with 3D/resin printers. I know they aren’t typical household items and are quite expensive (especially resin printers), but it isn’t too hard for those with the equipment to do mass distribution at a relatively low to no cost if they please. Also, it could greatly expand options for custom figures, since the only options we have now are whichever figures we can find online that are being widely produced.

The reason I mention all this (and have posted in this forum) is because with Heroforge, you only have to purchase the $10 file once, so the distribution cost really only has to cover that and the resin/ filament costs (3D printer filament costs around $20-$40 and resin cartridges cost around $150-$180). So even if you want to sell them at cost, it would be incredibly cheap to do so, perhaps even cheaper than figures from miniature market.

The downside of using 3D printers and (especially) resin printers is time. Currently, I’m printing a figure through a resin printer, and just one figure takes about 5 hours to print. However, 3D printers print much faster, but the quality is lower. I know there are members on here and on the Facebook page who are 3D printing figures, so why aren’t we utilizing Heroforge to create new figures?

I’d love to hear what you guys think, because even though Heroforge really only has customization for humanoid figures, there is so much you can do with it.
I don't have a 3D printer yet, but this is one of the reasons I want one. I bought a couple of (very expensive) figures from Heroforge last year and they're perfect! I want to do so much more with them!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 29th, 2019, 06:51 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroforge’s Viability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I don't have a 3D printer yet, but this is one of the reasons I want one. I bought a couple of (very expensive) figures from Heroforge last year and they're perfect! I want to do so much more with them!
From what I’ve gathered it seems like for printing miniatures the best option is to buy a resin printer, which at the lowest end (but will still produce a much higher quality print than a 3D printer) will cost around $500. However all around if the costs outweigh what you’re looking for then a 3D printer is still a great choice for a fraction of the cost. The school I’m at has a resin printer available for students to use for free, so while I’m here I’m going to be spending as much time as I can so I can get a sense of how useful this thing is!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards