Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:47 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I saw a series of films for my AP History Class and Dr. Strangelove was one of them.

Though I didn't understand all of the humor and references I thought it was fairly educational for our course and one of the better movies we watched. Always fun to hear my old history teacher cracking up in the back of the room, Haha.
Old May 27th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I saw a series of films for my AP History Class and Dr. Strangelove was one of them.

Though I didn't understand all of the humor and references I thought it was fairly educational for our course and one of the better movies we watched. Always fun to hear my old history teacher cracking up in the back of the room, Haha.
"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

I didn't find it particularly hilarious either but it does have one of my all-time favorite lines

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 27th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Finally saw Deadpool. Enjoyed it. Raunchy, bloody, funny and good action. Of course I had to watch it alone as my wife has no interest in seeing it and I don't want my daughters watching it. Though it is funny that the X-Man girl reminded me of one of my 13 year old twin girls. Not in looks, but the bored look on her face and attitude

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Finally saw Deadpool. Enjoyed it. Raunchy, bloody, funny and good action. Of course I had to watch it alone as my wife has no interest in seeing it and I don't want my daughters watching it. Though it is funny that the X-Man girl reminded me of one of my 13 year old twin girls. Not in looks, but the bored look on her face and attitude
Was going to see that one with my brother the other night, but he refused to go after reading the KidsInMind.com section on sexual scenes. I can't say I blame him...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 3rd, 2016, 08:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

X-Men Apocalypse

I'm usually not as fullsome in praise as many here. But when Bryan Singer does an X-Man film, I usually say "Great, but he'll never top this one..." and then he does. XMA was an almost perfect blend of action and character interaction, of plot and special effects. And he still manages to stay true to the spirit of the comics if not the letter, and to his own X-Men cinematic story arc, which now forms about three quarters of a circle. Considering the size of the cast he is wrangling, that's no mean feat.

(Edit) And if you're a Game of Thrones fan, you'll see a familiar face who's not Peter Dinkelage.

Last edited by chas; June 4th, 2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old June 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They told a good story which certainly makes it stand out from other super hero movies.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Watched Captain America Civil War for the first time last night. Really liked how it tackled some of the themes.
Old June 11th, 2016, 09:14 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Watched Kingsmen last night. Enjoyed it a lot. I particularly like the restraint on the bloody violence...had the same extreme violence of a Terintino movie without the need to show all the gruesome aftermath. For instance, When a character gets his hand chopped off, it just flies off without several seconds of arterial blood shooting all over the place. Made it more enjoyable for my wife to watch alone. It was a fun movie.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 11th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's one I didn't care for.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 11th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
That's one I didn't care for.
Definitely not for everyone
Old June 12th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Saw the Conjuring 2 late last night. I thought the first one wasn't as good as others cracked it up to be, but this new one is very, very good. Highly recommend.

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 13th, 2016, 05:04 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Just saw the Warcraft movie.

I enjoyed it overall. Not great by any stretch, but still enjoyable. The cgi for the orcs was fantastic.

If you've played the game there were lots of great Easter eggs to search for.

Also, there are a couple of scenes in a war room at Stormwind castle where the king and his advisers are planning strategy on what looks like a giant Heroscape map! Hex based and everything!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies