Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Your Own Custom Heroscape Figures And Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleThunder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Alright, I know none of these are from video games, but here are some things I'd be really interested in seeing figures for:

1) Babylon 5 figures;
2) His Dark Materials figures;
3) Spider-Slayers from the 90's Spider-Man series;
4) Generation 1 Transformers (especially those of the many that haven't been made in the Heroes of Cybertron line - I'd also personally need them in scale with the Heroes of Cybertron line as I've got started on customs using those figures);
5) Isis, in this iconic pose:

Probably not going to happen, but if you're asking everyone to post what they'd love to see, then here I am.
As for #1, 3, and 4, I can definitely do those. Never heard of #2 so I would have to research into that. And as for Isis, I can more than likely do that! What are you going to use it for so I can know if I need to make any tweaks here and there? You might have to wait a little bit, but I'll be sure to put them in a file so I don't forget.
Well, it'll be a while before I'm in need of any of these, so there's no rush. I'll probably get you the exact info needed as and when I need them. As for Isis, I can't get anything to you yet - though the thought of Isis in the game definitely excites me, this is mainly for my Mum, who I haven't informed of this project yet (waiting for it to be more concrete ), and I'd therefore need her input when it comes to specifics.
His Dark Materials is a trilogy of novels by Philip Pullman (that just so happens to be my favourite book of all time so far ) - the fact that the characters are only written will make this more tricky, and it is light on description in places. When it comes to that, I'd probably describe to you how I imagine the figure looking. There was a film adaptation of the first book, but it wasn't much good as I remember, so I probably wouldn't base much of the figures' look on that, if that's cool with you. I probably won't go to you for everyone from HDM and B5, as those that can be modded without too much trouble I probably will mod, but there will be some who would be much harder to do without something like this (such as Kosh who I mentioned earlier, or Lyra, the main character from His Dark Materials).
Is all of this okay with you? This is really exciting if you can get it to fly!

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JungleThunder again.
Oh, bum.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 10th, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old June 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM

JungleThunder Woo who?

Dang it, thank you Lazy Orang for trying to help me out again. ;D

We can definitely get into the specifics moreso when we get closer to completion!

Nobody has helped me name the new thread yet. -_-

And Davies, that's good news! I could make the figures, but I just think I would have to get Dynasty Warriors' permission to use their name on the site, because I don't know what tab I would be able to put them under so that everyone could find what they're looking for easily.
Old June 10th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleThunder View Post
Dang it, thank you Lazy Orang for trying to help me out again. ;D

We can definitely get into the specifics moreso when we get closer to completion!

Nobody has helped me name the new thread yet. -_-

And Davies, that's good news! I could make the figures, but I just think I would have to get Dynasty Warriors' permission to use their name on the site, because I don't know what tab I would be able to put them under so that everyone could find what they're looking for easily.
Producing mass market figures needs permission - putting a trademarked name on a site doesn't. C3G's been doing it for years!

EDIT: Yours is for profit so I might be wrong. Ignore me.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 10th, 2014, 02:11 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Are you planning to make general minis in some capacity, or is this venture targeted solely at the Heroscape market? That's a niche of very limited size, isn't it?
Old July 19th, 2014, 03:33 PM

JungleThunder Woo who?

Sorry everything has been taking FOREVER!! Getting all the contracts and other specifics is taking a lot longer than expected. I'm making good progress though.

And I am going to branch out definitely. But heroscape was my game initially so I'm trying to help all my fellow heroscapers specifically right off the bat. If that makes sense. I can easily change out the bases and change the sizes to appeal to any game. I don't know if that answers your question, but it should. lol Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Hard as ice

Wow! This is still a thing! Awesome!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

So I guess the contract negotiations didn't go over so well?
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:03 AM

Dencii is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi guys. Sorry for necroing this thread or if this reply is almost 3 years late. I just found out about this now. The thread starter John Mellgren is a scammer. He hired me to sculpt Formortiis but I would not release him the model because he wouldn't pay me, telling me there were some legal stuff he had to sort through.

He approached me two more times, one as "the real" person behind the operation claiming the first person I had been talking to was the scammer, and that I could trust him now. The second time as his secretary. Each time I would tell him I need proof that his company existed and that I would not release the model until these requirements were met. He stopped messaging me after.

He made a contract for a few sculptors he found on upwork.com (which at the time was still odesk.com) where I started as a freelancer. Everything posted here were from those freelancers as you could see a person's history of job posting so I am familiar with all of these. To his credit, he paid a couple of these sculptors although very cheap, which is why I also thought he was legit. But then again, I don't know how he paid them. I just saw on record that he did.

I hope he didn't run away with people's hard earned money. It infuriates me how he even mentioned my name in full, and claimed I worked for him, which is also why I am writing this post. To clear my name and to warn you all of people like him.

As an advice, if you encounter something like this again, check for legal proof and transaction or any form of history. Screenshots aren't enough. What he posted were photos I sent him to show him the progress as I was under the impression I was working for a legit person. As for the other shots of Tsathoggua, at the time he was pitching me this potential employment but was asking me if I had other models I could show him and so I did. Starting as a 3D artist was hell for me. No artists nor customers should be victims for scums like this.

Cheers
Dennis Batol
https://my.linkedin.com/in/dennisbatol
http://dennisbatol.blogspot.my/
https://www.artstation.com/artist/dencii
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:57 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dencii View Post
Hi guys. Sorry for necroing this thread or if this reply is almost 3 years late. I just found out about this now. The thread starter John Mellgren is a scammer. He hired me to sculpt Formortiis but I would not release him the model because he wouldn't pay me, telling me there were some legal stuff he had to sort through.

He approached me two more times, one as "the real" person behind the operation claiming the first person I had been talking to was the scammer, and that I could trust him now. The second time as his secretary. Each time I would tell him I need proof that his company existed and that I would not release the model until these requirements were met. He stopped messaging me after.

He made a contract for a few sculptors he found on upwork.com (which at the time was still odesk.com) where I started as a freelancer. Everything posted here were from those freelancers as you could see a person's history of job posting so I am familiar with all of these. To his credit, he paid a couple of these sculptors although very cheap, which is why I also thought he was legit. But then again, I don't know how he paid them. I just saw on record that he did.

I hope he didn't run away with people's hard earned money. It infuriates me how he even mentioned my name in full, and claimed I worked for him, which is also why I am writing this post. To clear my name and to warn you all of people like him.

As an advice, if you encounter something like this again, check for legal proof and transaction or any form of history. Screenshots aren't enough. What he posted were photos I sent him to show him the progress as I was under the impression I was working for a legit person. As for the other shots of Tsathoggua, at the time he was pitching me this potential employment but was asking me if I had other models I could show him and so I did. Starting as a 3D artist was hell for me. No artists nor customers should be victims for scums like this.

Cheers
Dennis Batol
https://my.linkedin.com/in/dennisbatol
http://dennisbatol.blogspot.my/
https://www.artstation.com/artist/dencii
Interesting reason for necroing, but completely legit and you have good reason. I'm afraid all the mods can do is ban the guy, so you might want to consider turning this over to higher authorities if stuff like this happens again. Thanks for warning the community as a whole and good luck in your future endeavors! Also, welcome to the site! I think you'll fit right in.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards