Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape: The Lost Scenarios!

Good clarification, thank you.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:23 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
*4)* (unclear) Co-op rounds are now based on Initiative? Are activations still in numerical sequence, or could a round go OM 2, 1, 3, X if a high-initiative player so chooses? Players with two "X" order markers will be "cheated" out of one activation, plus they have to go last.
This is what the rules say:

Quote:
Revealing Order Markers:
Players reveal Order Markers in clockwise order starting with the player who rolls highest for initiative. A player may have 2 or more of the same numbered Order Marker. When revealing Order Markers, if a player has more than one of that number, the player may choose which one to reveal. After all the players have had a chance to reveal that number in initiative order, the players may then reveal another Order Marker of that same number again going in initiative order. After all players have taken their third turns for the round, in initiative order any player that has 2 unrevealed ‘X’ order markers on an Army Card can reveal them (in initiative order) to take an additional turn with that figure.
What part are you having a hard time understanding?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:19 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

At first I skimmed "the player may choose which one to reveal," thinking that declaring a number out of sequence for a turn was an option (i.e. activating OM #2 first in the round). I have since been corrected, not enough sleep at the time.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The final official Heroscape release.

Thanks a lot Guru for seeing it to completion!

I'm definitely going to run this at some point soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From the Question Dump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:

What happens between rooms in The Shadow Cavern to a Mindshackled hero?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Unspeakable things....
Well met!

What I meant is that, while destroyed units are covered by Second Wind, Mindshackled units seem not to be addressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Well, dude that says well met in every one of his posts, I'm not sure you're gonna get an official answer here. I'll give you an unofficial one, if that helps.

If it was an Adventuring Team's fig that got mindshackled and you killed it, I would say Player 1 gets to use it in the next round with a Second Wind roll. If it was the adventuring team mindshackling one of Player 1's figs, then I say they still get to use that fig in the next scenario, and since it wasn't destroyed, you don't have to roll Second Wind for it anyway. Does that help?
That makes sense, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
@kolakoski:
I would probably ask in the Lost Scenarios thread.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

The Gang is playing The Shadow Cavern this month, without me, unfortunately, as this is the month my wife has weekends free, so (to take long ones) Fridays (our usual day) are out.

I am looking forward to using the cooperative rules in my own scenarios, casting myself as a narcissistic megalomaniac, of course!
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:05 AM

the Shadow Cavern: all that and a bag of chips

I got bored last night...BftU x8 bored. Here's the Shadow Cavern.

It's 51" by 66" (I think). The entry point is the bottom right corner.
If I can stitch a couple low-angle shots together, and they don't look awful, I'll upload those, too.

The Room 3 build has a few issues:
Spoiler Alert!

Now I just need to find someone to play it.

Last edited by UtahScott; August 1st, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: edited to correctly include the Master Build "shared tiles" error
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

What is the limiting factor that kicks these maps up to two sets per room? Is it dungeon tiles, shadow, water, stalagmites, or all of the above?
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: the Shadow Cavern: all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I got bored last night...BftU x8 bored. Here's the Shadow Cavern.

It's 51" by 66" (I think). The entry point is the bottom right corner.
If I can stitch a couple low-angle shots together, and they don't look awful, I'll upload those, too.

The Room 3 build has a few issues:
Spoiler Alert!

Now I just need to find someone to play it.
Nice! That looks like too much fun. Wish I lived near you, I'd be over in a heartbeat to join you in a game!
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Well met!

The Gang is playing The Shadow Cavern this month, without me, unfortunately, as this is the month my wife has weekends free, so (to take long ones) Fridays (our usual day) are out.

I am looking forward to using the cooperative rules in my own scenarios, casting myself as a narcissistic megalomaniac, of course!
I'm totally waiting for somebody to do a more sci-fi or superhero version of these coop rules.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
What is the limiting factor that kicks these maps up to two sets per room? Is it dungeon tiles, shadow, water, stalagmites, or all of the above?
Each map/room is a BftU x2 build, like the Wellspring of Obsession is a RotV x2 build.
It's the big official finale, don'tcha know.
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

If you have a Tundra set and don't mind subbing in pieces from the RotV, I'm fairly sure you can pull these off with BftU, RotV, and TT. The oddest part is using ice for shadow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News