Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 17th, 2022, 08:19 AM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker
Describe the Generals' army composition...

...in as few words as possible (let's say max 10, aim for under 5). I have some ideas below, and would like ways to further condense/clarify/improve them. That's the tl,dr.

In more words, I want to introduce friends to Heroscape, but I think the choice paralysis of the sheer number of options available would hamper their ability to make a good army to play. Thus, I think it would be good if I could boil down the gist of most Generals and their armies to a few words or a short sentence at most.

Here's what I have so far:
Jandar: Good guys

Utgar: Bad guys (and Marro)

Ullar: Fantasy

Vydar: Robots and sci-fi

Einar: History and samurai

Aquilla: Insects and dwarves

Volarak: Redwall and druids

Revna: Devious bugs

Valkrill: Who?

I would like to try and associate a virtue/trait with them also if possible, so if you can think of something that better describes them, that would work too.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Old November 9th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Describe the Generals' army composition...

DnD Alignment Thread

You might find the above thread interesting.

What I would do generally I’d have trait+genre. Nothing race specific, IMO that overly narrows a general.

Jandar: Heroic Good

For Utgar: I would eliminate the “(and Marro)”.

Like your Ullar (I’m not sure what trait to put with him, fantasy kind of implies his trait, but maybe should specify medieval/“high” fantasy)

Vydar: Morally Ambiguous Sci-fi

Einar: Imperial History (maybe just “Imperial”, or if you don’t like that Honor or Discipline and History could work, Imperial makes me think of historical militaries, and by extension honor and discipline)

Valkrill Chaotic Evil or Late Evil

Not sure on AoA yet.
Old November 9th, 2022, 08:41 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay...I'll play.

Similar to @.yamissflash I tend to look at D&D alignments...but I will not comment on the new generals yet.

Jandar: Neutral Good

Ullar: Chaotic Good

Einar: Lawful Neutral

Vydar: Nuetral

Aquilla: Chaotic Neutral

Utgar: Lawful Evil

Marro: (I've always split out Marro from Utgar) Neutral Evil

Valkrill: Chaotic Evil (I also prefer to only give Valkrill Squads with no real leadership)

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 9th, 2022 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Jandar is American view of Good which I'm sure a lot would consider Lawful...but they have Vikings...
Old November 9th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What You Didn't Ask for - traits
Jandar: Valiant
Einar: Honorable & Disciplined
Ullar: Serene
Vydar: Enigmatic
Aquilla: Wild
Utgar: Evil, power seeking
Valkrill/Revna: Sadistic
Volarak: Innocent

What you did ask for - descriptors
Jandar: "good" guys (Humans & Angels)
Vydar: SciFi (Agents & Robots)
Ullar: Fantasy/ Elves
Aquilla: Bugs, Dwarves, & Rebels
Utgar: Evil stuff - orcs, flesh horror (marro), robots
Valkrill/Revna: Super evil stuff - demons, etc.
Volark: Steampunk

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion