Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape
No thanks, the unpainted figures would bug me. 8 13.79%
Yes, but only if they stay Planeswalkers - the characters are too iconic to retheme. 4 6.90%
Yes, but only if the Planeswalkers are rethemed as generic fantasy figures. 38 65.52%
None of the above. (Please post an explanation below.) 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 20th, 2017, 11:58 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape?

IMHO Do it either way to the extreme: Either do a full on conversion with same names and as similar powers to AotP as you can, or the opposite and rename/theme and come up with new powers. I would just not like in between where it is different names but same/similar powers as AotP Cards, as would be confusing. With first option we have a great way to blend the games one easier format accepted by the masses, but with the second way we can instead focus more on filling in gaps and adding to synergy of Valhalla Heroscape armies. I’d prefer the second way (option 3 of poll above) as it helps the lore and synergy and power ranking leveling continue in Heroscape and for those people that really like Magic characters and/or AotP designs, just play by the original card designs with Trex’s rules to combine games. And I don’t mind the unpainted AotP minis.

Either way, one more reason Why Heroscapers should buy Magic:Arena of the Planeswalkers.
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:35 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

I have a big Magic the Gathering background, but I would be cool with the Planeswalker figures being rethemed as generic fantasy characters (for instance, I thought @Tai-Pan was going in the right direction in the Pre-SoV Workshop thread recently), but most of the unpainted minis I very much vote against (again, the blue illusions are the only ones that get a pass. The others look really bad unpainted).
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:38 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
The others look really bad unpainted
I'd like to emphasize this. I feel strongly in this regard too. I voted option 3, but only under the assumption that it was for prepainted only.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:12 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I agree with @lefton4ya . Really the magic designs work fairly well with heroscape as is. Way I look at it is, there are tons of cool miniatures out there. Why beat the aotp minis like a dead horse. On the flip side If people want them go for it. There are just so many other minis out there needing cards that have something new to bring to the table. Just my 2 pennies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 22nd, 2017, 07:13 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I agree with @lefton4ya . Really the magic designs work fairly well with heroscape as is. Way I look at it is, there are tons of cool miniatures out there. Why beat the aotp minis like a dead horse. On the flip side If people want them go for it. There are just so many other minis out there needing cards that have something new to bring to the table. Just my 2 pennies.
i dont think there are that many reasonably priced commonly available pre painyed 32mm figurus that are not instantly recognizable from an existing licence.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:38 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, unfortunately one of the big design problems in C3V is miniature availability. Allowing the AOTP minis is a huge get in terms of the amount of units that gives.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:51 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Plus Cryptoliths and even the Mats could be part of a C3V “Master Set” and hopefully be considered acceptable for ARV contests and maps brought to tournaments. Even the current “high” price of $20/set is not bad for the figures you get that would be usable for C3V, and I and many others got multiple sets when they were $5-15.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I would love to keep them as Planswalkers! My friends and I are Magic fans, and mos of the ‘walkers are way too recognizable to be rethemed! Plus we would love to have simpler designs to throw into a game rather than explaining all the new rules with the spell cards and summoning. If we want to be Gideon, it’s be awesome to just draft him!

Plus the Magic universe thematically works really well with the Heroscape universe, being a multiverse with different warriors from time and space.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:34 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Plus Cryptoliths and even the Mats could be part of a C3V “Master Set” and hopefully be considered acceptable for ARV contests and maps brought to tournaments. Even the current “high” price of $20/set is not bad for the figures you get that would be usable for C3V, and I and many others got multiple sets when they were $5-15.
I think that the Cryptoliths would be a GREAT terrain release for C3V !! Don't forget about them : )
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I completely forgot about the terrain features from the Arena of the Planeswalkers boxes. If these could also be used somehow (whether to create a terrain feature or a full-fledged "Master Set" for C3V), I'd be absolutely ecstatic to see some new terrain be adopted by the community.

I know nothing about those Cryptoliths, but I hope that they'll also be considered for some kind of custom inclusion into HeroScape, as more types or terrain or features are always interesting to see.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With all the discussions going on and seeing the comment about Five Below carrying this I took a detour on my way home and picked up 2x the base set since for $5 a piece I figured I'd get some use out of them if for nothing else a portable travel map. Not sure if later runs of the original were of better quality but my mini's (even the unpainted ones) are pretty nice. The translucent ones are really cool and the Green plant things seem like they'd easily work as is for some kind of plant elemental figure or squad. Wish the backside of the map boards were useful

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 07:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here but I personally wouldn't add AotP figures to Heroscape. I like the Magic version fine the way it is and would rather have it as a separate game. However, I will admit that the Planeswalkers could be used to make some cool Heroscape customs.
No matter what C3V does or doesn't do, you'll always have AotP as its own game. Making customs for Heroscape proper out of the minis won't make AotP suddenly stop existing. Though if they do get added, changing them to other fantasy figures instead of planeswalkers will help with separation anxiety.

I mean, Chandra's OK as a ranged Double Attack figure that can do additional damage in some other way that will have to be translated for Heroscape, but how much cooler would the figure be as something like this?

Archpyromancer Laannadar* [Utgar]
Life 6; Move 6; Range 5; Attack 3; Defense 4
180 Points
FIRE IT UP: During your turns, your units may treat all spaces adjacent to Laannadar as molten lava spaces. (Gives Obsidian Guards something to throw and Wyverns a place to dunk people, etc.)
MOLTEN PROJECTILE SPECIAL ATTACK Range Special. Attack Special. After taking a turn with a friendly Moltarn or Elementar that ends its turn adjacent to Laanadar, you may destroy that figure to use Molten Projectile. Molten Projectile's Range is equal to the destroyed figure's Move and Molten Projectile's Attack is equal to the destroyed figure's Attack. (She can turn Granite Guardians into a bonus Range 3 Attack 3, and Obsidian Guards, who just threw her lava, into Range 4 Attack 4!)
LAVA RESISTANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Plus Cryptoliths and even the Mats could be part of a C3V “Master Set”
I disagree about the mats and the other cardboard ruins, I think they're just too cheap to mix with real Heroscape terrain (perfectly fine to do on your own, but not "officially", IMO). However I did want to come back and mention the Cryptoliths and was beaten to it! Might need a name change if the planeswalkers get one, but I would love to see more Destructible Objects in Heroscape and these are perfect for that. Also, the actual hexes that come with AotP are different than any Heroscape tiles, so maybe C3V can do a small "quicksand" expansion/rules with those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Wish the backside of the map boards were useful
The map boards from the Innistrad set are double-sided. Really don't know why they didn't make the originals double-sided.

*to Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer as Sudema is to Medusa.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs