Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 4th, 2018, 08:10 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Dayton, Ohio Melee Massacre Jan 6th 2023!!

SWORDS UP! GUNS DOWN!

Dayton Ohio TOURNAMENT Saturday January 6th at Bookery Games in Fairborn!

No entry fee just bring a cool prize for the table and buy some stuff from the shop!

Dice will roll at NOON! Ends at 5pm-ish

Pizza, drinks, and other food items will be provided. You are also free to bring your own lunch if you choose.

5 rounds Swiss style scoring*
45 minute rounds

Format -

520 melee! Base stat must be range 1
16 HEX limit!

No more than 2 squads of Warriors of Ashra!
No more than 2 squads of Deathreavers
No more than 6 Fire Elementals

All ranged special abilities/attacks that cause damage or wounds have to be adjacent. Any auras or non-offensive abilities with range are allowed.

i.e. Fen Hydra's reach is banned. Braxas' special Acid ability can only affect adjacent figures etc.

No Marvel

New players always welcome!

SOUND OFF in the comments if you are going! It's been a long time since we held a tournament and it will be epic!

GOING -

1. Outforblood
2. Brennen "the Endurer"
3. Father of Julian
4. Julian
5. Brian Baird
6. Chris K
7. Bryan "Brewster"
8. Alex
9. Richard
10. Tommy
11. Gordon
12. Chris
13. Shawn
14. Ethan
15. Brian
16. Max
17. Steve
18. Jeremy
19. Sam
20. Chris Goff (plus 1 maybe)
21. Kyle Mackie
22. Josh North
23. Jeff
24. Cole

Last edited by outforblood; January 5th, 2024 at 04:24 PM.
Old September 4th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Dayton, Ohio NHSD Tournament Oct. 19th!

Love it! I bet you'll have good numbers. Woohoo!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 4th, 2018, 09:20 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Love it! I bet you'll have good numbers. Woohoo!
Even if it's just a small turn out it will be worth the fun just playing HS in a bar! Lol

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Cool. @WOOKIE and I have ran many tournaments before so can help you a lot. The main thing stopping me was finding a place. Just make sure that bar has enough space for 20+ of us if possible - 2 maps / 4 people on one 8-foot table. I can maybe get the Louisville players to come up - they did the last couple years, and maybe some of the Columbus players to, although I think C2P area might have a NHSD a different week as well as Louisville.

Suggestions for format anyone? I like either Take-two or Draft style but am open for ideas. Maybe a mix which is 1/2 army pod draft. I.E. People bring two or three 250 point armies and each game you have back and forth drafting, but that may scare some new players. Other option is just bring two armies.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Cool. @WOOKIE and I have ran many tournaments before so can help you a lot. The main thing stopping me was finding a place. Just make sure that bar has enough space for 20+ of us if possible - 2 maps / 4 people on one 8-foot table. I can maybe get the Louisville players to come up - they did the last couple years, and maybe some of the Columbus players to, although I think C2P area might have a NHSD a different week as well as Louisville.

Suggestions for format anyone? I like either Take-two or Draft style but am open for ideas. Maybe a mix which is 1/2 army pod draft. I.E. People bring two or three 250 point armies and each game you have back and forth drafting, but that may scare some new players. Other option is just bring two armies.
Awesome! I will need all the help I can get. I have zero experience running a tournament and I suck at crunching numbers. lol

Father of Julian and myself will be providing the maps etc.

The venue has nice tables and plenty of space. D20 Bar is nothing but boardgames and beer. It's pretty awesome there. As for the format... no idea yet... something easy like 450 pts, no marvel no customs... classic HS. Or maybe we can do a 700 pt heroes only... or both. lol

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Lefton4ya knows how to run a tournament. I should know, I've run one with him.

Also, check my signature block for the link for "how to run a tournament." It's meant to be a guide for people getting ready for their first one.

Good luck!

= =
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Right on I'll be sure to check it out. At first we were just going to do an open game for NHSD... but a tournament sounds more fun... if we can get people to show up and help out that is.

SCAPE OR DIE!

Last edited by outforblood; September 6th, 2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, there's no difference between a game day and a tournament, really. If you have more people then do a tournament, is my suggestion. People seem to like that.

Decide which thing is likely to draw more people. Do that. That's my suggestion.

= =
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'll certainly find out if anyone in Louisville is interested in making the trip up, but I'm not sure how Friday works out for most people (I'm good - 4-day work weeks ROCK!). We were also planning on ours being on the 20th, so that might not work out, either. On the other hand, with nothing set in stone here yet, maybe they'll be up for the 27th or 13th and we can both attend each other's NHSD's.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'll certainly find out if anyone in Louisville is interested in making the trip up, but I'm not sure how Friday works out for most people (I'm good - 4-day work weeks ROCK!). We were also planning on ours being on the 20th, so that might not work out, either. On the other hand, with nothing set in stone here yet, maybe they'll be up for the 27th or 13th and we can both attend each other's NHSD's.
I tried to get that Saturday but the venue is already booked that day. Hope you can make it!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Didn’t realize date was Friday. Note that Saturday is a lot better if you want to get people to travel (Columbus, Cincinnati/NKY, Louisville) but we could do Friday if it started at 6pm and went till 10:30 pm and you had time the previous few hours to set up 8-10 maps. Not to take your thunder as I appreciate help, but if we can find a place that is open Saturday it might be better, but smaller events are good too.
Old September 6th, 2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Didn’t realize date was Friday. Note that Saturday is a lot better if you want to get people to travel (Columbus, Cincinnati/NKY, Louisville) but we could do Friday if it started at 6pm and went till 10:30 pm and you had time the previous few hours to set up 8-10 maps. Not to take your thunder as I appreciate help, but if we can find a place that is open Saturday it might be better, but smaller events are good too.
New date and location set for Sat Oct 27th! Hope you can make it.

SCAPE OR DIE!

Last edited by outforblood; September 11th, 2018 at 01:19 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events